Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
I have some pages to read...

I hate this season... but it's paying. Retail. Blows.

I've cleaned up my truck and am considering putting it away for the winter. I cannot afford the prices that would entail to properly get back into racing style, practice to be competitive and succeed without quite a bit of money on track time alone. It's not in the cards. I may be finding myself a couple video games or take up knitting... I have no idea.

hm... Maybe I won't eat lunch and use that money...

I feel ya. I just put the 4x4 away for a while due to money I don't have anymore and just going to race the Buggy and SC10 2wd. Plus, the Pro 4 class is not very large at the track I go to and the track is little. Can't really open her up on the track
Old 11-30-2011, 08:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Chad Smith
Anyone try running lighter fluid in the front diff like 10k without being pinned?
I'm running 10k/5k without a pin. I have an hd pad for the front and two standard pads in the clutch basket with the spring almost fully compressed. Running it this way I have gone through a rear idler gear in about 3 months, so as soon as the truck starts to get noisy I replace it and at that point it does look pretty chewed up. Food for thought; If I ran the slipper looser I would probably use thicker front diff oil.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Krio
I'm running 10k/5k without a pin. I have an hd pad for the front and two standard pads in the clutch basket with the spring almost fully compressed. Running it this way I have gone through a rear idler gear in about 3 months, so as soon as the truck starts to get noisy I replace it and at that point it does look pretty chewed up. Food for thought; If I ran the slipper looser I would probably use thicker front diff oil.
Ok thanks. Running thicker front fluid makes the truck less twitchy and takes some steering away correct?
Old 11-30-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Ok thanks. Running thicker front fluid makes the truck less twitchy and takes some steering away correct?
Correct.
Thicker front fluid removes entry and mid corner steering while adding to on power steering. The pin mod also removes entry steering while adding on power steering (and making it more consistent in med/slick consitions), so that is why most people go down on the front diff oil when adding said mod.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

If you guys can give me some setup tips I would appreicate it.

This is the track I will be running on. I have the sway bars just dont have an idea on which ones to start with. The track is very hard packed and it is clay. As you can see the jumps are not really that big

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_WGIDiTpjY

Last edited by Chad Smith; 11-30-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone try running lighter fluid in the front diff like 10k without being pinned?
I was going to try it out when swapping out my diff bearings, but Boca sent the wrong ones in the kit and I haven't gotten it resolved yet. I'm running 30k now.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I am running 5k in front and 3k in the rear with it pinned... and like it alot. It is real easy to drive, real stable on power, and rotates real well off power.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mizchief
I was going to try it out when swapping out my diff bearings, but Boca sent the wrong ones in the kit and I haven't gotten it resolved yet. I'm running 30k now.
Did you send Boca Bearings an email?
Old 11-30-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default wheel width

somehere back someone mentioned using Traxxas Stampede wheel hexes to space out thw wheel width.I lost the part numbers.I know you have to drill out shft size to 6mm.
Any help??
Old 11-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by symmetricon
I am running 5k in front and 3k in the rear with it pinned... and like it alot. It is real easy to drive, real stable on power, and rotates real well off power.
Very similar to what I'm running, except mine is 7k front, 5k rear with it pinned. Did have 20k in, but like the 7k much better.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outlawrcgraphic
Very similar to what I'm running, except mine is 7k front, 5k rear with it pinned. Did have 20k in, but like the 7k much better.
I had the same setup as you, 7k front and 5k rear, but I needed a little more off power rotation.... I think the truck works very well with the light diff fluids with the truck pinned.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

This is the track I will be running on. I have the sway bars just dont have an idea on which ones to start with. The track is very hard packed and it is clay. As you can see the jumps are not really that big

I just ran there this pass sunday. I was running yellow sway bars and yellow springs in the front. The rear I was blue/blue and it handled great for me I came in 5th in the A-main
Old 11-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Chad start with blue in the front an maybe yellow in the rear.

Mark
Old 11-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the suggestions. I will give them a try and see how it works
Old 11-30-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IRM616
Looking for a bag with that can hold my sc10 4x4, radio,batt and etc. Anyone know? Thanks
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=77125424402

I use one similar to this, just not with the gay ass chair-force tiger print. I have an acu print one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.