Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
i had a similar sound and it did it until it broke the belt in half!! after inspection the rear pulley was getting worn, you really couldnt tell until i took it off.

the bushings are the culprit, they need to be made of steel instead of soft bronze, the oring is just a seal.
Yea, this is one of the HUGE promblems with this truck.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

I was thinking about buying the hot racing diffs but some people posted a while back that they where junk. I dont see how anything can be worse than the stock diffs.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Was checking the exotek site today and I happened to see he new alloy chassis that adds 5oz. to the chassis, thus adding a bit mor steering. Has anyone tested this? Is it worth the $110?

http://www.exotekracing.com/new-lcg-...e-ae-sc10-4x4/
Old 11-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Strange, the track i ran on the video was high bite and smooth and no pinned sucked in my opinion!! i had no problem getting out of turns. interesting how everyone is getting away from pinned in less than a week! LOL
If you need the truck to rotate more, you can remove the pin. Most of the successful guys running the decoupled slipper are also running the front overdrive pulley which would help tighten the truck up on power, I'd assume.

That's the one thing I never tried was the overdrive pulley.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Strange, the track i ran on the video was high bite and smooth and no pinned sucked in my opinion!! i had no problem getting out of turns. interesting how everyone is getting away from pinned in less than a week! LOL
The track you ran on was way more open than my track.

Here is the A-main of round 1 of the Rockstar Short Course Series. We have a spec tire of the AKA Rebar's (first time running on them). I got to the track 15min before qualifying started so I did not get any dial in time besides my two qual runs. I decided to try the pin mod again in the main (this video) with a 20t front pulley. I had be running the MTK slipper with 19t front pulley. Rebars seem to slide around to me off power but everyone has to run them so I will get dialed in by the next round. The Losi truck that TQ'd is a factory driver and is I always on his game so I was not going beat him showing up late. We where the only trucks to turn 19 laps and run 15.9 lap times. I lost about 8 seconds on a turn marshal (lower left off camera) and another truck jumping the track that pretty much decided that I was not going to put together a good run to keep up with the Losi. Still always fun and always learning more of what I like and don't like.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I am the orange and white truck qualified 2nd.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg

snip
That track is small, very small. Do you run a 540 motor?
Old 11-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by thefatkid
That track is small, very small. Do you run a 540 motor?
Yes this was with a Murfdogg 6.5 540 motor and a RSPro speddy. Motor only about 110deg but I could not deal with more power that night. I was fighting other issue's to worry about horse power.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Champion

It was also about 1am in the morning when we ran our main.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I run a 540, 6.5 turn motor also. My track might be slightly bigger. I don't think I could handle a 550. I run about 135°-140° after a 6 minute main. The 1st place guy (black truck) is a factory AE driver running a 540 also. He comes off at 180°-190°with his LRP. I'm in 2nd with the white and green truck.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

This was/is the track I was mostly running at. I can't find a video of the 4w class, this one is 2w and supposed to be 17.5 no timing, but I'll be damned if I'm the only one who doesn't have a 13.5 or more. 540's here are no bueno. No, this isn't my video, and yes I am in it, and yes I won.

+ YouTube Video

Anyway, this is the smallest track I run on. It is a sandy clay loam, hard packed with a loose top layer AND it will start to break up if it gets watered wrong. And it will thermal a 6.5 540 in six minutes geared 62/13 with no timing. Sucks because I think it would be faster because it's easier to drive than the 550 given the traction, IF I could get over the heating issues.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

It was also about 1am in the morning when we ran our main.
I'm usually in bed by 9 unless I have to get up to change water or something. The only way I can make races like that in any coherent shape is thanks to my first two sponsors.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:51 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Here is the A-main of round 1 of the Rockstar Short Course Series. We have a spec tire of the AKA Rebar's (first time running on them). I got to the track 15min before qualifying started so I did not get any dial in time besides my two qual runs. I decided to try the pin mod again in the main (this video) with a 20t front pulley. I had be running the MTK slipper with 19t front pulley. Rebars seem to slide around to me off power but everyone has to run them so I will get dialed in by the next round. The Losi truck that TQ'd is a factory driver and is I always on his game so I was not going beat him showing up late. We where the only trucks to turn 19 laps and run 15.9 lap times. I lost about 8 seconds on a turn marshal (lower left off camera) and another truck jumping the track that pretty much decided that I was not going to put together a good run to keep up with the Losi. Still always fun and always learning more of what I like and don't like.
Man... I wish I had, had the funds to take part in this year's. You look good out there, Cameron. Keep up the work and keep the SC10 in those Losi's mirrors.
-
I can't seem to get into PRCR. I don't know... It feels like a dungeon in there. The friendly atmosphere is just none-existent. I also enjoy more forgiving tracks. That track is vicious. I dunno. Guess i'm fickle.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

the bushings are the culprit
So the solution is to replace ASC 91005? I could see how if you got a lot of lash in those bushings it would change the mesh on the countergear and bust it, which might explain that issue...

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
I can't seem to get into PRCR. I don't know... It feels like a dungeon in there. The friendly atmosphere is just none-existent.
I despise racing indoor for this exact reason. Sooner or later, everyone there starts acting like BF Skinner's rats, in some perverse real life behavioral experiment. Not the scene you are looking for if you are racing to relax.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:12 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
So the solution is to replace ASC 91005? I could see how if you got a lot of lash in those bushings it would change the mesh on the countergear and bust it, which might explain that issue...
I put a Traxxas Axle spacer on each side under the Sun gear and it tightened it up to there's less slack to wobble. It 'is'. a little stiffer. but i'm talking minimal at best.

At least it's better than a 30 dollar Alum diff. (for now)

Edit: Just got it all back together. It feels identical to how it was before (that stiffness I was talking about is gone) and it eliminated almost 75% of the wobble. It's back to how it felt stock. I'm happy with it. I have brand new diffs in my toolbox but I don't want to use them without a 'real' break. (I'm cheap)
Old 11-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
I put a Traxxas Axle spacer on each side under the Sun gear and it tightened it up to there's less slack to wobble. It 'is'. a little stiffer. but i'm talking minimal at best.

At least it's better than a 30 dollar Alum diff. (for now)
I added another stock shim under the sun gear on both sides, no more wobble and feels smooth. Hope it holds up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.