Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Tech Initiate

If it came down to the local guy versus the company who is jacking up the prices to silly amounts. Fast laps has some costly products that most members here have offered to do for next to nothing. Support your local guys!!!

Ok they are selling for the same price?And Fast Laps guy gives back to the racing community

Sorry. Not poking Fun. I don't give a hoot about business ethics. I started making people Chassis Braces for cost because I think this is sick. Now he's selling a pinned shaft. The part that I think urks me the most is AE is backing it. (out of ignorance, who knows)

What do you do for a living? How about I did your job for free ?So if a person sells,makes or services any kind of widget , the next guy cannot?

And mantis you never described how your pistons are different. Cause yours have two extra holes?Tell us all how are they different from the rpms.

And no reply to other companies making simular products in different industries. Such as tires,sodas,shock pistons or any other widget.Its competition.

No offense, but let's not dirty up this thread with a bunch of silly drama and keep it on track please for us SC10 4x4 owners who just want to learn what others are trying on their trucks. Please take this to pm if you feel the need to debate business ethics, etc.

I agree this is my last post on this topic, I will entertain any pm's .And I wish all entrepreneurs in this hobby the best of luck.

Happy RC Racing
Old 11-06-2011, 09:41 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sedemente
[B]Ok they are selling for the same price?And Fast Laps guy gives back to the racing community
I sell at my cost, As stated, scooter. "Giving back to the community"..? If that's what makes someone capable of sleeping at night, I'm glad for them. I am giving back to the "community" by taking the time to help guys out who need things done who don't have the means. While, attaining an average of 2 dollars in my pocket per person. As an damn-near-unemployed guy... Thanks for the gas money to get to the shop to buy your parts guys! But I guess I shot myself in the foot saying that, Because by your logic, I'm an idiot for not taking advantage of these guys.

What do you do for a living? How about I did your job for free ?So if a person sells,makes or services any kind of widget , the next guy cannot?
I am a somewhat unemployed LHS employee. Yet I still sell at my cost. Because I want to help 'these' guys.

I agree this is my last post on this topic, I will entertain any pm's .And I wish all entrepreneurs in this hobby the best of luck.
(What Craig said)

Last edited by CoyoteSlash; 11-06-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Ok they are selling for the same price?
Much lower, in a lot of circumstances. Not that should matter.

And Fast Laps guy gives back to the racing community
Right, I got that. Rob from the rich, give to the poor, keep a little for Fastlaps. Understood.

What do you do for a living? How about I did your job for free ?
If I did my job for free, I'd be giving my time away. Last time I checked, Fastlaps is charging for their time. Time well spent ripping off others work it appears.

So if a person sells,makes or services any kind of widget , the next guy cannot?
Certainly it's a free country, and the parts we are talking about aren't copyright or patent protected, so Fastlap certainly can continue to rip off other peoples designs, and do so legally. Just don't expect a userforum like this one to not give Fastlaps a free pass for blatantly ripping off somebody elses work, somebody else who actually did some development work.

And mantis you never described how your pistons are different. Cause yours have two extra holes?Tell us all how are they different from the rpms.
Other than his appear to actually work and are four or five times the price? Nothing. But how many multi-stage pistons exist in shock absorbers? Lots.

Whats the difference between the MTK basket and the Fastlaps basket? One guy came up with the idea, the other ripped it off.

Exactly the same, right?

I highly doubt that.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
nobody has said anything about the extra wide hex's.
The extra wide hex is a traxxas slash hex. Works the same as the jconcepts hazard wheel, but you can use your stock rims to gain the width.

"99 problems but a MTK CLUTCH BASKET ain't one..."

Ok sorry...that was lame
Old 11-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BLbound
The extra wide hex is a traxxas slash hex. Works the same as the jconcepts hazard wheel, but you can use your stock rims to gain the width.
This one?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNMR8&P=7

Isn't that the same as this one (dimensionaly, anyway)?

http://www.teknorc.com/product_info....oducts_id=1095
Old 11-06-2011, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
I don't think the tekno hexes are as wide as the traxxas hexes. Yup, those are the correct traxxas hexes. They need to be drilled out to fit.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
Those are, yes.

Those ones linked are the same offset as what is stock.

The traxxas ones are quite wide actually. the teknos are "eyeballing" almost half the width.

Edit: The Stock Traxxas/tekno/sc10 4x4 are 5mm wide. Those Traxxas ones are 8mm wide. (Gray are 8mm, Black are 5mm)
Old 11-07-2011, 01:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
Those are, yes.

Those ones linked are the same offset as what is stock.

The traxxas ones are quite wide actually. the teknos are "eyeballing" almost half the width.

Edit: The Stock Traxxas/tekno/sc10 4x4 are 5mm wide. Those Traxxas ones are 8mm wide. (Gray are 8mm, Black are 5mm)
Thanks for the measurement differences CS! There's the difference between the hazard rims & running the traxxas hexes...no difference at all, both are +3mm .
Old 11-07-2011, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by BLbound
Thanks for the measurement differences CS! There's the difference between the hazard rims & running the traxxas hexes...no difference at all, both are +3mm .
Yup. physics wise they're identical as well. the hazards are literally just moving the tires out 3mm.

Use these on all 4 corners and you get hazard performance. I should have thought to say something about this a while ago. It just never clicked to apply that to this Truck. You sure can rely on Traxxas for some amazingly cheap parts that create night and day differences. If only they'd make RACE trucks..!

So you guys who bought a set of wheels before hazards don't have to regret it like I was. Buy these 3.00 hexes and all those old zero offsets work and perform.

2x packages - http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNMR8&P=7
Result - Jconcepts Hazard 3mm performance out of your stockers!

AND! You guys asking for White Hazards. Just run your stock whites with these hexes and BOOM!
Old 11-07-2011, 03:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
yup, PM me! but be forewarned that i am a flamer and know absolutely nothing about my multicolored molded copycat pistons, and all of my tools are lefthanded!!
But left handed tools are the best!
Old 11-07-2011, 04:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Traxxas Hex Wheel Hub 2.5x12mm Fr Rustler/Stampede (2)

hey thanks for the info i will put those to use on the standard sc10 4x4 wheels it will make ur just like a hazard wheel offset cool
Old 11-07-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

If it came down to the local guy versus the company who is jacking up the prices to silly amounts. Fast laps has some costly products that most members here have offered to do for next to nothing. Support your local guys!!!

Ok they are selling for the same price?And Fast Laps guy gives back to the racing community

Sorry. Not poking Fun. I don't give a hoot about business ethics. I started making people Chassis Braces for cost because I think this is sick. Now he's selling a pinned shaft. The part that I think urks me the most is AE is backing it. (out of ignorance, who knows)

And no reply to other companies making simular products in different industries. Such as tires,sodas,shock pistons or any other widget.Its competition.

No offense, but let's not dirty up this thread with a bunch of silly drama and keep it on track please for us SC10 4x4 owners who just want to learn what others are trying on their trucks. Please take this to pm if you feel the need to debate business ethics, etc.

Happy RC Racing
i dont feel like i need to explain or justify ANYTHING to you, if you cant read and look at pictures than you have more problems than i do.There are already countless post about them and how they work. I too am done with this discussion its obvious your on the fastlaps payroll.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
Yup. physics wise they're identical as well. the hazards are literally just moving the tires out 3mm.

Use these on all 4 corners and you get hazard performance. I should have thought to say something about this a while ago. It just never clicked to apply that to this Truck. You sure can rely on Traxxas for some amazingly cheap parts that create night and day differences. If only they'd make RACE trucks..!

So you guys who bought a set of wheels before hazards don't have to regret it like I was. Buy these 3.00 hexes and all those old zero offsets work and perform.

2x packages - http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNMR8&P=7
Result - Jconcepts Hazard 3mm performance out of your stockers!

AND! You guys asking for White Hazards. Just run your stock whites with these hexes and BOOM!

I think Jimmy Wright was the first to mention this mod waaaaay back in the early parts of this thread...

Anyway, those are the ones to use. Just drill them out to 6mm. I also use the Traxxas wheel nuts because they have a large serrated flange on them which you will need because the nut just barely has enough to grab the axle and hold the wheel on. In fact, once you mount the wheel and tighten down the nut, the axle will be about 1mm below flush. I haven't had a wheel come off yet, but I'm kinda religious about tightening wheel nuts before every run. A low profile nut probably would be better. I also did this because I have a race Slash with Protrac kit as well and I can swap wheels/tires between trucks this way. And if you want aluminum, ST Racing Concepts makes the wider one for the Slash, but you will have to buy two packages because you can't get just the front ones separately.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Just finished the chassis brace and pinning mod. Easy to do and dirt cheap. I bought CF rod from my lhs($8) and a 4 pack of 6/32 x 2' screws($.89)I cut down for threaded inserts and Traxxas rod ends ($0 had a pack from my old Slash days). I was able to make 4 chassis braces for under $10. I gave one to my buddy for free. I don't see how others can consciously charge for 1 single brace 3X what it cost me to make 4. Not much overhead. Maybe the packaging costs? Oh maybe paid for the rights to use an image or likeness of a certain pro's SC10 4x4 to splash the web page. And the pinning was a breeze. Took longer to take the rear end apart. Screw the capitalism, business world excuse. No excuse to troll forums and take ingenuity of others (that are shared here to help their fellow enthusiasts improve their trucks) and package and market as your own for profit. There was no attempt to improved on the ideas. It's not like he came up with a better wheel. Just a wheel with his name on it. FYI I run the original clutch basket...MTK (version 1 even).
Thanks again the all here on rctech for your wonderful ideas shared. Helped me tons.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sugs
Here ya go guys! I'll post up when they are available from deracing.net.
I will definitely want a set of those guards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.