Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
RCShox Mutipoint ackerman bars! these are some preliminary pix of the ACK bar i will be testing this week. it is ballbearing supported and give you three options for mounting the tie rods!

if testing goes well i will begin pre-orders at the end of this week.
that is just one more idea that fastlaps guy billy will steal
Old 11-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by fastrc64
that is just one more idea that fastlaps guy billy will steal
i was thinking that before i posted the pix but i think the majority of the people on this thread are loyal and know who is really trying to make these trucks compete. Has that dude even posted on this thread at all? if he copies it there is nothing i can do about it but what is coming next from RCshox is REALLy going to change the game, it will not be leaked out until its done
Old 11-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

That is exactly what I was hoping to see on the steering bar. No need to test. Where do I stand in line and who do I hand the money too?
Old 11-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
That is exactly what I was hoping to see on the steering bar. No need to test. Where do I stand in line and who do I hand the money too?
for sure pm me with details
Old 11-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Tech Addict

What exactly does an ackerman bar do???
Old 11-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old&slow
I had alot of leakage problems when i ran just a single stock o ring on lower cap position. I had used lots of green slime an still leaked . I tried the rcb8 o rings like someone mentioned on here and those were even worse , leaked and sucked air into shock. Finally tore down shocks , polished shafts, clearanced out the bottom caps as they were tight and caused a bit of friction, ran upper and lower x seals ( which are way overpriced as i was at the track and needed something to replace the rcb8 seals ) and they are pretty smooth now.
Thanks! How did you polish the shafts?
Old 11-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Default 2 servo steering

I think it would be cool to instead of using an Ackerman bar, to have each wheel be on it's own servo, then using the programming in the transmitter so that you could set the perfect Ackerman angles. Plus you could change toe angles at a push of a button during the race to tune for tight corners or sweepers.

I think this would work really well if Servo manufactures made a unit that would allow two servos in the same casing that was rougly the same size as standard servo (seeing as each wheel would only need half the torque). Then you could use it with any 3ch tx/rx that allowed mixing, but to get the Ackerman setup you may need some advanced mixing in the tx.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Evil Genius jr.
Thanks! How did you polish the shafts?
There's a dirty joke in there somewhere
Old 11-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nice mud gaurds .How did you build em or where did they come from. I was thinking about some type of mudgaurd for the front to place behind front wheelss to keep the dirt out of inside of chaisis, I run indoor clayand shock boots so dont see a whole lot of dirt kicked up , but for you outdoor crews those look like the ticket

Coming soon from DE Racing! I need to clean up the truck and get a better pic.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

:facepalm:
Old 11-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default polishing your shaft ha ha ha

i have some gummy stone we use in the ski industry to polish out edges I start with those to get the heavy work done quick, then I used marcus from rcshox trick of lighter fluid and 2000 wet dry and rubbed em till my fingers were sore and they were shiney smooth. You need to get ahold of marcus and get some of his 2 stage shock pistons and g discs . The best upgrade per buck you can do on your rig.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

i have some gummy stone we use in the ski industry to polish out edges I start with those to get the heavy work done quick, then I used marcus from rcshox trick of lighter fluid and 2000 wet dry and rubbed em till my fingers were sore and they were shiney smooth. You need to get ahold of marcus and get some of his 2 stage shock pistons and g discs . The best upgrade per buck you can do on your rig.
Thanks! I have some of that stone in my garage so I can use that.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Default suggestion for direct bullet setup

Hey quick tip for those of you planning on connecting your battery directly using the bullets vs. the adaptor that always has the balance wire plugged in, make a dummy plug out of a spare connector and use it to keep the hole pluged while not charging. I got some dirt caught i mine and took a while to get it cleaned out before I could charge.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

RCShox Mutipoint ackerman bars! These are some preliminary pix of the ACK bar i will be testing this week. It is ballbearing supported and gives you three options for mounting the tie rods!

If testing goes well i will begin pre-orders at the end of this week.
Wicked! I cant wait
Old 11-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Adept

RCShox Mutipoint ackerman bars! These are some preliminary pix of the ACK bar i will be testing this week. It is ballbearing supported and gives you three options for mounting the tie rods!

If testing goes well i will begin pre-orders at the end of this week.

again i have to be a nooob i hope u guys count to 10 and dont get to anoid at me
but what the hek does that do compairt to the std. ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.