Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

looking at getting the j concepts ford raptor body for my truck. But theres 2 of them. One says fits most and the other says fits sc10 and slash. the one that says fits sc10 doesnt say sc10 4x4. which one will fit?
Old 10-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tony montana
looking at getting the j concepts ford raptor body for my truck. But theres 2 of them. One says fits most and the other says fits sc10 and slash. the one that says fits sc10 doesnt say sc10 4x4. which one will fit?
If it fits the SC10 it will also fit the SC104X4, I run both and use the same body for practice.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evil Genius jr.
Thanks. So just having a piece of aluminum between 2 pads would not provide the same affect?
No, you have to have something to keep the second pad locked to the spur.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mac The Knife
No, you have to have something to keep the second pad locked to the spur.
aahh, ok.
Thanks!
I'm going to build the truck stock first and run a couple of packs through it and see how it feels. Then I will decide if I need the basket. If I do ill order on from you.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Went and raced outdoors today. Track was w/o water all day and was basically a rutted dust bowl. I got my ace handed to me by 3 Losi's.

I couldn't put the power down for nothing. Everytime I turned I thought the back-end was going to come around.

Tried everything, pulleys, pins, current limiting, loose as heck slipper. Couldn't make it work for nothing.

Drove my bud's Losi for a bit and could tell the massive difference in these conditions. His truck put the power down real nice and was very predictable.

I was down 2 laps after 10mins. Not good.

Thanks goodness we don't run on that track very often, if we did I wouldn't have bought the Ae anyways. We mainly run indoors, where I normally clean up and AE rules....

Being on this side of an ace-whoopin ain't too much fun. I did manage a 3rd place, only because one of the Losis (my bud) hit LVC......

Does anybody run in these conditions w/ success?
Old 10-29-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vegatron75
Went and raced outdoors today. Track was w/o water all day and was basically a rutted dust bowl. I got my ace handed to me by 3 Losi's.

I couldn't put the power down for nothing. Everytime I turned I thought the back-end was going to come around.

Tried everything, pulleys, pins, current limiting, loose as heck slipper. Couldn't make it work for nothing.

Drove my bud's Losi for a bit and could tell the massive difference in these conditions. His truck put the power down real nice and was very predictable.

Thanks goodness we don't run on that track very often, if we did I wouldn't have bought the Ae anyways. We mainly run indoors, where I normally clean up and AE rules....

Being on this side of an ace-whoopin ain't too much fun. I did manage a 3rd place, only because one of the Losis (my bud) hit LVC......

What tires? also remember that a tire that works great on a losi might not be ideal on a sc10.

In those conditions i use enduro's and softer oils/springs.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hey marcus, is there any difference between the dual garodisc and the tripple garodisc other than the number of slipper pads that come in the package? Im putting an order together tonight, so i just want to make sure they are the same.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Addict

Anybody on this belt flipping over issue???
Old 10-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Tech Initiate

No belt issues as yet.

Raced my new 4x4 last night @ the sct stampede held at keilor.

What an awesome truck. it hooks up nicely with calibres , flo-tek body works a treat and the Castle sidewinder SCT 3800kv combo has heaps of torque.
First run and took out 3rd place. awesome !

Dont wanna race my 2wd SC10RS anymore, lol
Old 10-29-2011, 07:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Tighten your belt?
Old 10-29-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zixxer
+1000
Drove Zixxer's SC10 4x4 today.

Thing was DIALED. So fast.

So, time to order a SC10 4x4 for myself.

Here's what I'm planning on getting:

SC10 4x4 Kit
Tekin RX8
Tekin SC4x 4.5 or 5.5
Hitec 7955-TG
Spektrum SR300
Few sets of tires (Subcultures, Goosebumps, Double Dees, Barcodes)

I plan on getting the HD slipper pads after talking to some people, and reading this thread.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I had a similar situation yesterday...my truck is set up for high bite indoor clay track & I ran on a loose outdoor track. I didnt have much time to change things but I did go back to blue springs in the rear & I wanted to go to 1.3 pistons from the 1.2 but didn't have enough time. Tires is also a huge tuning option. Gridirons would have been best but all I had was cityblocks...they were good enough, I would have won with gridirons. Lastly I think the exotec chassis would be awesome on a outdoor track, making the weight as low as possible.

Originally Posted by Vegatron75

Old 10-29-2011, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tony montana
I like the one size fits most raptor...I think the other raptor body is slightly more narrow.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jsamarin
hey marcus, is there any difference between the dual garodisc and the tripple garodisc other than the number of slipper pads that come in the package? Im putting an order together tonight, so i just want to make sure they are the same.
The triple set is intended to be used with the clutch basket.

Hey Veg, what tires were you running? I have been running on a large 1/8 track that is slightly blow out, and it gets dusty. I have found that bowfighters m3 work better that DD's, holeshots, and enduro's. Also, the duratrax possie in soft compound work well aslo. When the track is damp, the bowfighters are amazing.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:29 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sun going down sooner and sooner! Got off work at my LHS and ran home, threw the truck in the bag, toolbox, run downstairs, grab dog collar to take the pup down to the track, run outside, close door...

Locked the %$@^ out. House and Car key all...

Sat on my toolbox for 3 hours waiting for a friend to come by with a key/ladder/pick/hammer. Eventually Mom came to save the day with her safety key I gave her. What a day... Was going to test out T-Caw's setup he suggested and everything for sunday's raceday at our free-track.

Le' sigh...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.