kool thanx ill look into it. thanx for the info

Terry
Originally Posted by fastrc64
i do think that there are some shims in the kit box that you can use
thanx i will look to night when i get home
Old 10-26-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JS
ChrisJ - are you guys going to post Dirtinator's setup for his Pro4 win this past weekend at the Southwest Indoor Grand Prix?

http://www.teamassociated.com/news/r...r_Grand_Prix__
I'm sure it will be posted. I will go check when.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=special_k;9831938]thanx

loool i dint mean to make jk on u sry for that but i hope u dint miss understand me i was feeling pretty noooooby here and then i see a nother noob question i was kinde off happy

sry if u miss understand me ore if u toke it the wrong way
Old 10-26-2011, 10:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE=the_freak;9831986]
Originally Posted by special_k
thanx

loool i dint mean to make jk on u sry for that but i hope u dint miss understand me i was feeling pretty noooooby here and then i see a nother noob question i was kinde off happy

It is OK being a noob, we all were at some point, but people will really take you more seriously if you write correctly and proof read your post before posting them.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:46 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=BryanAZ;9831994]
Originally Posted by the_freak

It is OK being a noob, we all were at some point, but people will really take you more seriously if you write correctly and proof read your post before posting them.

i try to proof read it nut im pretty dyslexic and englis is not my 1 launguits so its not that easy for me i make alot off grame mitakes and mis spelling but i try the best i can and hope u get what i mean
Old 10-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE=the_freak;9832013]
Originally Posted by BryanAZ

i try to proof read it nut im pretty dyslexic and englis is not my 1 launguits so its not that easy for me i make alot off grame mitakes and mis spelling but i try the best i can and hope u get what i mean
That makes much more sense. I'll give you a pass.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=BryanAZ;9832017]
Originally Posted by the_freak

That makes much more sense. I'll give you a pass.
loool thaks
Old 10-26-2011, 10:54 AM
itr
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

All we did to my wifes truck is 7k f/ 5k r inline saddle pack setup standard pad on inside gd pad on outside pinned shaft and truck does wheelies so I can't see there being a need for slipper basket and this is with an lrp /tekin setup
Old 10-26-2011, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
i was not at the showdown , i was at the Indy-rc event
My bad, sorry. Got my races mixed up.

Last edited by symmetricon; 10-26-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by ShortCourseOnly
I am about to try out the garodiscs that I purchased for the stock slipper design. Mantis, do you think that the two disk design will be adaquate for a 4.5 550 motor or will I need the clutch basket?

it will be fine and more than enough! up until this past weekend i ran the Novak4.5 boosted with only two disc. high bite tracks you may need it though, depends on your setup.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

it will be fine and more than enough! up until this past weekend i ran the Novak4.5 boosted with only two disc. high bite tracks you may need it though, depends on your setup.
Thanks for the input. What about using a garodisk for the rear and a stock pad for the front? Do you see anything any issues with this?
Old 10-26-2011, 11:28 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by ShortCourseOnly
Thanks for the input. What about using a garodisk for the rear and a stock pad for the front? Do you see anything any issues with this?
I run garodisk rear HD pad front 550 can 4.5T on high bite clay, works great and the HD pad is not glazed after race day
Old 10-26-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JayL
I run garodisk rear HD pad front 550 can 4.5T on high bite clay, works great and the HD pad is not glazed after race day
Awesome!!! I will try this as well.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:32 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1Fastpede
I'm not trying to argue about this slipper issue. But I did this spacer modification and while the pads were new it was great but half way through a race day it lost its steem. Its very easy to notice when your weekly club race has numerous sponsored drivers racing. and you start falling off pace. I went months as well with a spacer before mac started making the baskets. All that dust in your belt tunnel is slipper pad dust. No matter how hard you tighten the 2 pads it will slip. the basket works because it is adding a friction surface. and still can slip to the desired amount and grip at the same time for this heavy truck. your candy coating the slipper issue by having a redonkulous motor in there and it will still do what you want because that motor is going to make anything move(while spinning). if it works for you then great but understand that it didn't work for ALOT of us so it is not the cheapest solution. I see it as adding 40 cents to my 35$ basket purchase and not to mention the time lost.
If you read back through this thread the spacer mod was done by everyone back at that time. but everyone ended up with a basket.. even the AE guys. and i'm sure they know what they are doing.
Warning: This is going to come off as Dick'ish but i'm getting a little fed up with the feeling that everyone's reading my post as a woman who reads what she wants to hear.

Sorry, Pede.I couldn't disagree more.

I've already tried to explain I 'don't' slip three times now? I wouldn't be explaining this and trying to help if I knew It was going to sour my name in the suggestions category.

It worked. I lose no power through 5 packs I run back-to-back.
I've used the same pads for 5 months and they still grip. They look like shit because they're 5months old and have been through all kinds of modification!
I only run at 1mm off flush and attain all mentioned above.
I have blown 2 idlers under overpower failures.
I don't glaze my pads. It is "not" pad dust for the final damn time.
I keep up and burn Losi's with MMM/3S All Day. You can take that to the bank.
I've also stated three times in reference to the Basket that it allows for great tunability with a decoupled slipper: IE: A/E guys. The Ryan's were not pinned.

Some of you are in your basket world almost as blindly as you think i'm in my 1mm spacer world. I'm tired of repeating myself so I'm going to drop this attempt to save some people money. I saved myself money and that'll just satisfy me.

Edit: Oh. And as several people have PM'd me and mentioned on this thread. They had no idea the washer was supposed to go in the 'back'. Hint. hint...
Old 10-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=the_freak;9831986]
Originally Posted by special_k
thanx

Hey Freak u r ok im still learning too. no worrys here just having some fun just like u. Reading this thread trying to make my SC10 4x4 better thats all. Just wait I will have more dumb question in the future lol later

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.