Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

OK mine's ordered and I can't wait to start the build. I already have a dialed SCTE Lucy and want to try the ae truck to compare. I will be running a 1410 with mmp on 7.2 v 5000mah packs. What are ya'll gearing these at? Temps?

Also run on a huge outdoor track with red clay. dosn't blue groove and gets dry and dusty from time to time. (the track is 190 feet shy of a quarter mile for one lap) What are ya'll doing for tire selection on these tracks?

Check out www.capefearrcraceway.com for a track vid for suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Scottie Hinton
Old 05-14-2011, 06:21 PM
Tech Adept

sorry should have added to look at v3.0 video
Old 05-14-2011, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow that is a huge track!
Old 05-14-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LawDawg
OK mine's ordered and I can't wait to start the build. I already have a dialed SCTE Lucy and want to try the ae truck to compare. I will be running a 1410 with mmp on 7.2 v 5000mah packs. What are ya'll gearing these at? Temps?

Also run on a huge outdoor track with red clay. dosn't blue groove and gets dry and dusty from time to time. (the track is 190 feet shy of a quarter mile for one lap) What are ya'll doing for tire selection on these tracks?

Check out www.capefearrcraceway.com for a track vid for suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Scottie Hinton
Holy cow, that is a sweet track you guys have out there. How close are you to Charlotte? May need to pack an RC the next time I'm out there on business. The guy in the Cape Fear V3.0 video is quite a driver too.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

sorry should have added to look at v3.0 video
damn thats a big track.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 8T
Hey guy's, my son ran his for the first time last night. There were 5 other sc10 4x4's there. in each of the heat races, at least 3 had a rear whell fall off including my sons. Guys were cranking the wheel nuts so tight, that the rear drive was binding. Also, the cvd pins on the rear fall out when there's no wheel on! By the end of the night, 3 broke, my son was in a hurry to get the battery in his truck, reversed the battery leads and smoked his havoc pro! All the ae 4x4's finished at the bottom the losi's were WAY faster, and took the top 5 spots followed by a couple of durangos! Any solution besides drilling and tapping for a set screw to keep the cvd pins in?

tia.
I raced mine all day today with another SC10 4x4 neither of us had issues with pins or wheels falling off. Sounds like Installer error. I happened to pull the nut through my rear chassis plate as well, but I think I just tightened it to much when I put it together. Luckily my LHS had another rear chassis plate in stock and I changed it out in about 10 minutes
Old 05-14-2011, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Lots of updates to the first post. Check it out, specially if you're going to start a build soon!
Old 05-14-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

That Cape Fear track is SICK! You'll have to be VERY conservative with gearing, I ran a big 1/8 scale track in Georgia like that (PsychoNitroBlast) and temps would get up there since there was such long stretches.

Nevertheless I want to make a road trip up there!
Old 05-14-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

Yep, the tracks a giant. We are around the raleigh area about three hours west of charlotte. All are always welcome and the races are updated on the front page of the track website early enough to know if we'll be rained out or not.

check the schedule some huge races comming up....rc pro series is soon.

would be worth the trip...army dave and staff runa a goood show, but expect an all day race day, cause they accomodate 9 classes. great for people running multiple classes though!

there is also an indoor track in greensboro that races on wed nights (get two races in while here for work!!!!!!!!!! Indoor track is insane with the traction. people are running slicks with sauce on them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

I know there is a lot of info on page 1, I was just looking for someone who ran my setup on a similar track...thats all. Will also go back to page one and re-read for changes.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

You have to love kids. My six year old walks in and sits down on my lap. He looks up at me with big blue eyes and says..."Dad will we be gettin two of the new disociated trucks?" I said no son, just one. He says with a little smirk, "Well dad, I'm gonna enjoy the dissociated, cause you know the Losi is just old technology, and your old too so you will like it!" HMMMMMMMM....Yep......his mother's son with his daddy's Passion. Oh well if his drives good, I guess we will be gettin another one.

This from the same kid that said adam drake is the best driver ever, and when asked who adam drake tries to beat answered " Well duhhhh Rhonda Drake...everyone knows that!!!

AHHHHHH the next generation. 25 years of rc racing did not prepare me for this much fun!!!
Old 05-14-2011, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

You have to love kids. My six year old walks in and sits down on my lap. He looks up at me with big blue eyes and says..."Dad will we be gettin two of the new disociated trucks?" I said no son, just one. He says with a little smirk, "Well dad, I'm gonna enjoy the dissociated, cause you know the Losi is just old technology, and your old too so you will like it!" HMMMMMMMM....Yep......his mother's son with his daddy's Passion. Oh well if his drives good, I guess we will be gettin another one.

This from the same kid that said adam drake is the best driver ever, and when asked who adam drake tries to beat answered " Well duhhhh Rhonda Drake...everyone knows that!!!

AHHHHHH the next generation. 25 years of rc racing did not prepare me for this much fun!!!
LMFAO, looks like you got the next adam drake or ryan mayfield there

Yeah my lil nephew loves to watch me run my rc's I plan on getting him one for his bday, and who knows he might be the next ryan mayfield as well since I'm an AE guy ;-)
Old 05-14-2011, 07:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chuck 21
No they aren't but I'd bet the piston screws are all loose and when you
race it one or more will fall out (like has happened to others here) and
distroy your shocks...

Be careful trusting any RTR R/C products they are put together by child
labor at .3 cents an hour...
Naw, I checked the screws during the build. Everything was nice and tight. Maybe I got lucky.

I will say this rig will be a bitch to work on though, as has already been mentioned. It's a pretty complicated design. Maintenance will not be fun.

Also, getting a 16t pinion on was not a good time, since it can't be installed with the motor out of the rig. The pinion is too big to fit through the hole in the motor mount plate, so you have to push the motor through, and then mount the pinion, which doesn't leave much room. This is even more difficult when trying to fanagle a 5mm pinion onto a 3mm motor shaft using an adapter sleeve.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I went through my truck again just to make sure everything was right. When I first put it together, I didn't do anything with the shocks since I just wanted to get it up and running. Run 2 qual, 1 main, and a bunch of practices over 2 days, and nothing fell apart.

The shocks do need some looking into, mainly just to add loctite and rescrew the cap tighter. Other than that, it was put together well.

I looked at my hex again, and there's no way you can strip this thing unless you didn't mount the hex correctly. The CVD pins shouldn't be an issue again if you mount everything correctly. Looking forward to another day at the track. I added about 3-4 oz of weight to the non battery side to get them to balance correctly, and it seems to help.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Scottie Hinton
13T is very conservative. I'd say 15T will be where I'll end up, but starting with 14T is going to be a safe option, yet giving you enough oomph. The thing is your track has a long straight, so you'll need that top end speed as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.