Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 07:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vegatron75
Dang, this thread is going down hill in a hurry....
the thread is back on track, lets not rehash.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by 1Fastpede
i use 2 stock o-rings and with polish pistons and etc its smoother than just putting trackstar rings in.. and it doesn't leak.
I used red rouge. just don't hold dremel on piston too long it will eat away plastic. I suggest puting dremel in a vice and holding piston on shaft for polishing. you don't want to remove material just polish it up. once you start you'll notice the imperfections as the rouge gets stuck to it.

i use 2000 grit sandpaper and lighter fluid!! old slot car racing trick. i am also using the red Xring up top with no ring and green slime at the bottom,zero leakage and smooth as silk
Old 10-21-2011, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

just to add another way to do the piston ....take out the shaft with piston on it chuck it up in a cordless drill take some extrafine scotch brite run the while polishing with the scotch brite .....been doing this for years and has worked good for me
Old 10-21-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mundy1
Craig,

A couple questions regarding your brace.

The rod ends and their connection to the carbon rod:

Are they just inserted not threaded into the carbon rod?

This provides stiffness under compresion with the rodends bottomed out against the carbon rod but in the event of expansion would telescope?
Exactly correct. I didn't measure it, but I'd guess the expansion is less than .030, but it's there by design.

Originally Posted by SourDieselX
Craig, I noticed you're running saddle packs, I also know Mantis runs saddles as well, with the straight packs you're able to run that battery bar which pretty much seems to act as a chassis stiffner, how much flex were you getting before the bar? Is there really much of a change in behavior of the truck from saddle packs to a straight pack?
I didn't have a method to measure it before or after (I only ran it once with the stick pack). In any case, the carbon straps I have on my chassis are built out of necessity because I use 1c batteries (different size than conventional saddle packs). IMO they don't do anything for stiffness.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:29 AM
Tech Adept

Im looking at getting an 4wd SC10. Does anyone run the LRP SXX V2 with the LRP short course motor? Will the SXX V2 handle it?
Old 10-21-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doyschultz
Im looking at getting an 4wd SC10. Does anyone run the LRP SXX V2 with the LRP short course motor? Will the SXX V2 handle it?
I did, and Yes it will. I had the works team capacitor and the fan on the SXX TC spec v2 with a 4.5t motor. Run zero timing and watch the temp on the motor and esc; for 7-10 mains you should be just fine.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Per Donn Natalie on Team Associated's Facebook page this morning (when asked the same question):

Or the LRP SXX TC V2 with REEDY 4.0, 4.5 or 5.5 550 size motors
I raced oval with Donn for many years, and if he recommends it, it's got to be robust because he has to field the service calls at AE if it isn't.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by GuiltyByAssoc
I did, and Yes it will. I had the works team capacitor and the fan on the SXX TC spec v2 with a 4.5t motor. Run zero timing and watch the temp on the motor and esc; for 7-10 mains you should be just fine.
Whats the difference between the works team capacitor and the stock one the comes with the SXX V-2? Thanks for the info.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Tech Legend

What I have been using , with the fan of course...
Old 10-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thought I would post what I found out last night. I never had a problem with the slipper having too much slip until I raced on clay. My slipper was too loose for the traction and I might have overheated the spring. I had to tighten it down all the way to get it to not slip. I took out the old slipper spring and noticed that it had compressed and lost its adjustment. Before reinstalling the new spring I used a diamond bit on my dremel to rough up the slipper plate surface to give the pads something more to grab on to. I will test it at the track this weekend, but by just turning the slipper hub against the slipper pad, it has a lot more grab now. Here is a pic of the old and new spring.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

your new spring will also collapse once it is tightened down.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)

Had a chance to run 4 more packs through it and am loving it. After dropping to a 12 tooth pinion and taking the timing on the motor all the way down my temps dropped from 200*F on the esc to 135-140*F and on the motor from 180*F to 150-160*F. I also changed the position on the front tension from 3 to 1. ( I think 1 if that's all the way down) I saw on one of Mayfields setup sheet he ran position 3 in the rear and 1 on the front. That did make my belt a little tighter. So by making all these changes my temps dropped a bunch and for my track it has plenty of power/speed. I think I may be able to go up one more tooth if needed now. My question is would the belt tension have any effect on heat. Maybe it was to loose creating drag, I'm not really sure tho. All in all this truck is great to drive. Oh, also is there anyway to help with bringing the front end down in flight. While I like driving it like a 2wd truck it would be nice to be able to make the adjustment if needed.

Terry
Old 10-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Divey
I saw on one of Mayfields setup sheet he ran position 3 in the rear and 1 on the front.
He was running the smaller overdrive gear on the front, and needed to set the belt tensioner tighter to compensate.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
He was running the smaller overdrive gear on the front, and needed to set the belt tensioner tighter to compensate.
I'm sorry I should have mentioned that. I am running the same as well. So does that mean I am good where I am at and my previous setting was actually loose.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Divey
Had a chance to run 4 more packs through it and am loving it. After dropping to a 12 tooth pinion and taking the timing on the motor all the way down my temps dropped from 200*F on the esc to 135-140*F and on the motor from 180*F to 150-160*F. I also changed the position on the front tension from 3 to 1. ( I think 1 if that's all the way down) I saw on one of Mayfields setup sheet he ran position 3 in the rear and 1 on the front. That did make my belt a little tighter. So by making all these changes my temps dropped a bunch and for my track it has plenty of power/speed. I think I may be able to go up one more tooth if needed now. My question is would the belt tension have any effect on heat. Maybe it was to loose creating drag, I'm not really sure tho. All in all this truck is great to drive. Oh, also is there anyway to help with bringing the front end down in flight. While I like driving it like a 2wd truck it would be nice to be able to make the adjustment if needed.

Terry

1 is way too tight if you are running the stock pulley.
Maifield was running the overdrive pulley.

if belt pulley are stock I suggest 4 and 4 on the tension.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.