Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 03:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pvalenti
I'm running the MMP/1410 (3800kv) motor in my SC10 4x4 and I'm geared at 15/62...the thing is a ROCKET! I've got my throttle endpoint dialed back to 90. Running a stock slipper pad on the front wheels and an HD on the back wheels. Slipper tight-ish but not locked down. If you run the clutch basket you'll have a much more maintenance-free slipper set-up. I don't have it and I wind up having to check my slipper after (or before) every race to make sure it hasn't backed itself off. Tonight I put some blue locktight on it. Haven't checked it after the main. But I think that'll keep it in place (hopefully).

I think you're list is probably a good place to start. I would also recommend getting a spare set of front a-arms. Probably the RPM ones. These things bend from normal use but the RPM ones won't...they are beefier and (believe it or not) actually harder than the stockers.
Thanks!
Have there been any issues with the trannys or have those been holding up for people?
Old 10-20-2011, 04:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

What is differn't about the FT top shafts?
Old 10-20-2011, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
They should pour some FT carbon material in the belt cover mold.
I'm confused, I though the cover was designed to be just a dust cover and telescopes to account for flex. Are you trying to mod it to act as a brace or is there a durability problem with the cover?
Old 10-20-2011, 04:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default how to fix it

Originally Posted by jordy-15
hey all
any one had issues with there ESC coming loose from the tray it happened to me and made a mess on my viper. i think the tray was flexing to much but i can't be sure this has happen 3 times now with the last time killing the viper good and proper
next time it happens clean it with rubbing alcohol and put shoe goo on it and it won't come off
Old 10-20-2011, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

hey all
any one had issues with there ESC coming loose from the tray it happened to me and made a mess on my viper. i think the tray was flexing to much but i can't be sure this has happen 3 times now with the last time killing the viper good and proper
I thought the tray was designed so that you could run zip ties under the esc. How do you have it attached?
Old 10-20-2011, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

hey all
Same exact problem here. Wound up running a ziptie through the slots in the tray.

PS - My SC104x4 is up for grabs (http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...2wd-buggy.html)
Old 10-20-2011, 04:42 AM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mundy1
What is differn't about the FT top shafts?
"Lightweight".

Center drilled out of the shaft.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mizchief
I'm confused, I though the cover was designed to be just a dust cover and telescopes to account for flex. Are you trying to mod it to act as a brace or is there a durability problem with the cover?
what these guys are thinking will work won't . you can't take a belt tunnel and strengthen it has too many pieces to be strong enough to warrant flexing . i have been racing all kinds of RC vehicles for the past 27 years . my sc10 4x4 works great without pinning it but i am pinning mine soon and give it a try because the way this truck was designed to me is like a touring car so pinning the front slipper plate would make it more like a touring car . as far as the graphite rod for strength again the truck was designed to flex some so you don't break parts all the time if you are using a regular 2 cell lipo battery . a chassis that is to rigid can cause more wear on some parts that normally wouldn't get it and cause breakage . but however i would think that if you go with the B44 battery setup i would say yeah it got to have some strength someplace and a brace would be needed .
Old 10-20-2011, 05:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastrc64
next time it happens clean it with rubbing alcohol and put shoe goo on it and it won't come off
I've had really good experiences using Parma's silicone servo tape (which you can also find in good hardware/grocery stores with the 3M brand. Larger wider rolls for the same or less money too). I've yet to lose an ESC, receiver or switch using this stuff. Plus it peels off clean (once you get it to let go!).
Old 10-20-2011, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie
ThunderbirdJunkie would be correct, since it's a fix for poor materials and SHOULD NOT be needed.

Just sayin'
Oh, come on T-Bird. Every other aluminum chassis has a chassis brace, in fact multiple styles of chassis braces. Is that because of a poor product design in those other trucks? No. People tune and tweak their trucks accordingly to there desires. I was running saddle packs, and never had an issue due to flex. If you run a stick pack in the truck, there is no need for the chassis brace at all.

I dont know what is up with the a arms, but the second set f stock a arms have not bowed on my truck. With that said, I did go ahead and by the RPM a arms, and they seem to be better.

It is easy to be a back seat driver, a monday morning quarterback.... just saying.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

[QUOTE=jordy-15;9805413]hey all
any one had issues with there ESC coming loose from the tray it happened to me and made a mess on my viper. i think the tray was flexing to much but i can't be sure this has happen 3 times now with the last time killing the viper good and proper[/QUOTE

use a zip tie throught the slats in the tray ...mine hasnt come loose since

Originally Posted by mickeymouse93
so i have a input for the clutch basket upgrade- it was deff amazing pulling wheelies and all but i found locking out the slipper nut gives u just enough bite and is more controlling, anyone else feel the same?
yes ....i am not running a 550/4.5 ...running a 550 / 6.5 other than pads glazing quick works fine with the ht slipper pads ...im going to try out rcshox garolite pads on stock setup ..hoping i can get more runs before the pads glaze
Old 10-20-2011, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

He feels the proper development was not given to this truck .
back in the day All companies used to spend years figuring out chassis development before release. and now its done on a computer and then released. At least AE doesn't release it and forget about it. they also strive to make it better.

At least they came out with a new design. they could have just made it a rc8be replica but they didn't. so all the other truck companies i feel took the Safe/easy route with all work already done. while associated took the harder more innovated route which in the end will end up shining. but its a whole new chassis design and will require some tweaking and learning. Just like every car/truck on the market.

I have some local losi's that are faster than me (mostly because they are a better driver not because of brand). But they replace bent chassis's, sloppy worn out axles and ballstuds and diffs and 2s lipo's failing from power hungry 1/8th scale set-ups and etc.. every weekend its something. So I'll let them be a little faster because they are paying for it. while I'm having just as much fun with more dough in my wallet. because besides some bent a arms that still work great, this truck is ridiculously reliable.

Off topic but me and my buddy use 5000mah lipos, my buddies losi uses 4800mah in a 6 minute race and i use 2000...
Old 10-20-2011, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ThunderbirdJunkie would be correct, since it's a fix for poor materials and SHOULD NOT be needed.

Just sayin'
People who buy the top end corvette are still buying aftermarket parts to make it faster...people who buy the top end ferrari are still trying to find ways of making it faster too...hell, I've seen lamborghini's with dual two stage aftermarket turbos, and even Bugatti's original Veyron with it's massive 1001HP....people wanted more, so they came out with the grand sport with even MORE power and a stiffer chassis....

no matter how well something is built, people will want more....
Old 10-20-2011, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey all

Two of my holes in the tray lined up nicely with two of the mounting holes on the RX8. a little bit of drilling and I had the other two holes. If my ESC comes loose with 4 screws holding it to the tray, I hope someone catches the crash on film because it would be amazing.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:50 AM
Tech Adept

Default smooth

i would like to add that this truck is for smooth drivers not throw it in the corner and peg the trigger keep that in mind when buying an sc10 4x4

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.