Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 07:35 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old&slow
Hey coyote ,that was not a dig towards you

just info and insight towards the other guy that wanted to go to a even fatter rod with 1/8 ends
Oh, I know it wasn't a dig. I totally get the idea of a rod high up like that too. I just mostly put this together to show people how easy it was and not to spend 30 bucks for something so simple as how I did it. 75% of people won't care about 5 more ounces up there for the chassis flex fix. I "will" epoxy some bigger rod into each end with bigger eyelets in the future like you're talking about for sure. No problems here at all.
------
My pinned slipper finally made it's Maiden today with no rain so the track wasn't blech.

Holy shit. I love the power. I love the traction. I was on a Mamba Monster Losi's ass and taking him on in the sweepers and straights. The problem came in the corners.

I have a Spektrum 6030 Servo I have turned down to 80% because it's rubbing if I go beyond that. This wasn't a problem originally because the truck (once I let off the throttle entirely) would sweep around the corners nice and tight. NOW that this mod is done, I don't have to let off the throttle nearly as much as we intended. I'm finding though that i'm still very much needing to release the throttle to corner like the losi. (That's pretty sad considering imo) Anyone have any ideas off the top of their head they had to process to really be happy with the pinned slipper? I "am" happy with the mod, holy moly it's a different truck but the cornering still isn't how i'd like it. I am beginning to have to throw the brakes on to get around the corner when before I could just let off the throttle and tuck into the corners. What do you pinners think? Or do I just need to get used to it how it is now being such a different truck?

Last edited by CoyoteSlash; 10-15-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro Herb
I ran my truck with the pinned shaft today. I didnt even get a full pack and i lost the idler gear in the rear tranny so i fixed it and when back out and same thing happened. I fixed it again and unpinned it and it was fine the rest of the day. I never had any type of tranny problems before i pinned the shaft. I am running the clutch basket and i generally run the nut flush. When i lost the second idler gear i was actually running the nut backed off from flush. It doesnt sound like anyone else is having this issue, wonder why i am?
Your not the only one. My rear gearbox didn't sound new/great before the mod but, 1 race night and it sounds pretty gnarly now.

Got any pics of the damage?
Old 10-15-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
Oh, I know it wasn't a dig. I totally get the idea of a rod high up like that too. I just mostly put this together to show people how easy it was and not to spend 30 bucks for something so simple as how I did it. 75% of people won't care about 5 more ounces up there for the chassis flex fix. I "will" epoxy some bigger rod into each end with bigger eyelets in the future like you're talking about for sure. No problems here at all.
Does the brace really weigh 7oz?

I built one that weighs 13g.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Vegatron75
Does the brace really weigh 7oz?
No. I was just making up a number that wouldn't be argued for it being heavier. xD I'll weigh "mine" tomorrow for people.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

------
My pinned slipper finally made it's Maiden today with no rain so the track wasn't blech.

Holy shit. I love the power. I love the traction. I was on a Mamba Monster Losi's ass and taking him on in the sweepers and straights. The problem came in the corners.

I have a Spektrum 6030 Servo I have turned down to 80% because it's rubbing if I go beyond that. This wasn't a problem originally because the truck (once I let off the throttle entirely) would sweep around the corners nice and tight. NOW that this mod is done, I don't have to let off the throttle nearly as much as we intended. I'm finding though that i'm still very much needing to release the throttle to corner like the losi. (That's pretty sad considering imo) Anyone have any ideas off the top of their head they had to process to really be happy with the pinned slipper? I "am" happy with the mod, holy moly it's a different truck but the cornering still isn't how i'd like it. I am beginning to have to throw the brakes on to get around the corner when before I could just let off the throttle and tuck into the corners. What do you pinners think? Or do I just need to get used to it how it is now being such a different truck?
go lighter on the front dif fluid and get rid of the front RC shims if you have any. that worked for me, i can pretty much put the truck anywhere i like. on the vid you will see that sometimes i pitch the turn and sometimes i go through it tight! i have 10kf and 7k rear right now. will try 5k rear this coming weekend.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
go lighter on the front dif fluid and get rid of the front RC shims if you have any. that worked for me, i can pretty much put the truck anywhere i like. on the vid you will see that sometimes i pitch the turn and sometimes i go through it tight! i have 10kf and 7k rear right now. will try 5k rear this coming weekend.
I have 5k/10k. and no shims. =(
Old 10-15-2011, 08:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I have 5k/10k. and no shims. =(
hmmmm add 2mm to the rear RC?
Old 10-15-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Coyote post up your full setup
Old 10-15-2011, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by 1Fastpede
Coyote post up your full setup
CoyoteSlash Setup

Sorry, Totally forgot about a setup to even look at. blahh. Thanks for taking a look either way!
Old 10-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I ran my truck with the pin today. About a second and a half faster per lap than before. It won't rotate like before, but it's so much easier to drive, jumps so much better, and accelerates so much harder and is so much faster, I frankly don't care that much. And I think I could stand more motor than my 4.5.

It took me about a dozen laps to get used to it. It is not remotely the same truck.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
I ran my truck with the pin today. About a second and a half faster per lap than before. It won't rotate like before, but it's so much easier to drive, jumps so much better, and accelerates so much harder and is so much faster, I frankly don't care that much. And I think I could stand more motor than my 4.5.

It took me about a dozen laps to get used to it. It is not remotely the same truck.
This makes ThunderbirdJunkie wish he hadn't sold his SC10 4w. Hopefully the FT comes with a de-decoupled slipper
Old 10-15-2011, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by CraigMBA

Yeah. That's what I was kind of thinking. I'm not going to get that turning before with the pin. It's hard and fast like the losi's or small and nimble like it was before. I might just be making laps finding a new way to tighten up those corners. I'm still gonna pick your guy's brains once before I get back out there and just start practicing with my "new" sc10 4x4. :P
Old 10-15-2011, 10:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

What track is this set-up for? PRCR?
Old 10-15-2011, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
What track is this set-up for? PRCR?
Not entirely. The soooooft shocks are set up for PRCR, I hadn't got to the rest of the truck, haven't been back down there in a while. (work, money, airplanes)

I know you guys hate us Meldrum Bar guy's but the track is redone and a blast to drive.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Not entirely. The soooooft shocks are set up for PRCR, I hadn't got to the rest of the truck, haven't been back down there in a while. (work, money, airplanes)

I know you guys hate us Meldrum Bar guy's but the track is redone and a blast to drive.
No hate'n here.

Your rear ride height is too low. You won't get enough weight transfer for braking and steering into corners when the rear is that much lower that the front. Even on carpet I ran 22mm front and rear. Try 24 to 26 on dirt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.