Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I should be getting the RCSHOX 2stage pistons later today, so I am going to try them in the FRONT only(35wt), since I only ordered 1 pack of 4 pistons.....

i would run all for . I am running 27.5 front and 22.5 rear blue springs x4 and the truck is planted and buttah smooth

I also am going to try the RCSHOX Dual slipper pad on the OUTSIDE along with the V2 vented slipper hub, even though with the HD pads out/in worked GREAT all day, with no adjustments needed to slipper...

slam all 2 in stock slipper or 3 in clutch basket like i am and you wont have a worry. I think it will be funky mixing the 2 pads as they are WAY different in how they slip and hook up but they rock
Old 10-08-2011, 11:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Mixing the pads around would be similar, kinda, to trying different weight diff fluids in the diffs.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Tech Adept

I only order 1 pack of pistons and 1 pack of the DUAL Slipper(no basket)...
SHOULD COME TODAY

So i didn't want to put in all 4 shocks and not have a replacement,
same thing with the slipper discs, I just order 1 pack so I could try them,
If i like them I will order more....
I can use the RCSHOX slipper outside&HD PADS INNER or VICE-VERSUS????

I was PLANTED at the track(small indoor high traction clay), but the track
changed set-ups before the last time I went. It's close to the same thing, except the Jumps are more "violent", and the landings are much higher....
I had the HD PADS inner&outer and my slipper was PERFECT all day!!!6packs geared = 58/14

My setup for the way it was at the track the other day & I was PLANTED, but
my chassis was slamming alil too much on the jumps.

-32.5wt/F/yellow/1.1pistons
-30wt/R/blue/1.2pistons
-F = Turnbuckle/inner hole/4mm ball stud washers
-R = Turnbuckle/inner hole/3mm ball stud washers
-5K F/R diff, but 20K front is/and will be better
regular battery set-up, 3/4 OZ front left corner of middle chassis

I am rebuilding the SHOCKS, with the 2stage pistons, 35wt
AND staying with the HD PADS, since they worked so good!!!

THX
Old 10-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

ran the truck in the street again today. Man this thing is faster than my 1/8 nitro buggy. One question, I have the novak havok pro sc edition with the 4.5 ballistic. The belt or something is skipping a little when I hit the brakes. How do I adjust some brake out of it lol. Im a electric newbie sorry for the question lol
Old 10-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I cant believe I am writing this to a guy that has over 3200 posts.lol. You can adjust a whole bunch of settings, brakes being one of them, when you program the speed control. Your manual will explain how to do this
Old 10-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by stvnmccc
I cant believe I am writing this to a guy that has over 3200 posts.lol. You can adjust a whole bunch of settings, brakes being one of them, when you program the speed control. Your manual will explain how to do this
Reminds me of me explaining Dad how to wire up the ESC to the receiver... He's been racing nitro for 15 years, but doesn't know a crap about electrics.

When I connected the ESC to the programming box to modify the timing, he stared in wonder.

Later on he said there wasn't enough brake (he was about to install the mechanical brakes again LOL), then I took it out, set brake higher and handed it over to him (the car).

He was wondering why didn't he go electric earlier LOL.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well, after 9 hours of wrenching, I have fully assembled my brand new sc10 4x4, good grief, time went by fast, almost missed going out on a date with my lady. Also made a few purchases for the new truck...

Tekin RX8 Esc - picked up from a local who never used it
Tekin Pro4 4600kv -sniped it on ebay
Hitec 7950 servo
Futaba 3pm-x radio

now I just have to decide on what kind of charger and two batteries that I want, plan on going with lipos obviously, so time to research. Now i'm eager to get this thing running to see how nice it is!
Old 10-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stvnmccc
man you electric guys are harsh lol. I havent raced electric in over 10 years. Im a nitro guy. All these new esc's and brushless stuff are all new to me. The last esc I owned was a novak cyclone. Yeah its been that long
Old 10-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony montana
man you electric guys are harsh lol. I havent raced electric in over 10 years. Im a nitro guy. All these new esc's and brushless stuff are all new to me. The last esc I owned was a novak cyclone. Yeah its been that long
Well i run Nitro and electric both so i wont be harsh. LOL Not sure how to adjust the brakes on a Novak. Definetly check the manual. You could also turn them down on your radio. The expotential adjustment would probably work in this case. The clicker on the front of the truck is a cool adjustment for brakes to.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Tech Adept

Questions?? RCSHOX pistons

I got the RCSHOX, pistons.....

Are these pistons going to go on easily, like the STOCK pistons????
OR
Am i going to have to sand down the sides, and work them on to
the shaft??? That's what i had to do to get the RPM 2stage pistons,
to go on my SLASH2wd , it was a pain....

ANY1????
Can i do bladder or Emulsion??

thx
Attached Thumbnails SC10 4x4 Thread-rcshox.jpg  

Last edited by jpure009; 10-08-2011 at 06:13 PM. Reason: ADDED PIC
Old 10-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

In a pinch, you can just turn the brake EPA down, but if you use reverse it's not super optimal.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony montana
KC, You coming to rogers tomorrow. I got my truck ready to rock. Its been sitting in my garage for 2 months, I cant wait to finally run it on the track!
Old 10-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

marcus aka mantis rc shox fit and finish is first class. The pistons fit right on perfect, same with the saddle pack mount fits my gens aces like a latex glove.

I dropped my oils down to 27.5 in front and 22.5 in back with both blue springs front and rear blue sway bars and 30 front diff and 7 in rear and that truck is so smooth and planted. Not the usual jerky and twitchy ride you see out of most of the sc 10.s out there. This set up is perfect for the indoor clay track i run.

Thanks marcus for some killer products, cant wait for my pistons to come for my 8ight buggies.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Rcshox's products are to notch, and Marcus is a great guy. Im glad he has an SC10 4x4 so he can help me get my sc10 dialed

Hey guys im switching batteries due to sponsorship. If your interedted in switching to a saddle pack style setup, I have a great deal for you!
Shameless plug here-- http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ml#post9756782
Old 10-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Tech Adept

Questions?? rcshox pistons

Originally Posted by old&slow
marcus aka mantis rc shox fit and finish is first class. The pistons fit right on perfect, same with the saddle pack mount fits my gens aces like a latex glove.

I dropped my oils down to 27.5 in front and 22.5 in back with both blue springs front and rear blue sway bars and 30 front diff and 7 in rear and that truck is so smooth and planted. Not the usual jerky and twitchy ride you see out of most of the sc 10.s out there. This set up is perfect for the indoor clay track i run.

Thanks marcus for some killer products, cant wait for my pistons to come for my 8ight buggies.
hey,
sorry to b a pain, but....i can just put the pistons right on??
I don't have to do anything?, all 4 are the same?

I have the drill set, figured i would use it to tear off the little tags hanging on over some of the holes...
THX

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.