Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I hate 4x4 SC trucks, but this one has me interested. I don't like the integrated rear toe blocks, and the fact that my current wheels don't have the right offset.

I can't wait to see one in action.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mike;
The inner body mounts are for the "to be released" inner body cover.
Sounds like it's similar to the JConcepts ones you can get for the 2wheel drive SC10.
Bob
Old 05-13-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Id love to know what the inner lower body mounts are for too !!

OMG i am an idiot !!! i just wanted to tell you guys that have never painted a body before to remove the overspray film before applying the decals .. thats all im saying ..lol yea yea i know
Old 05-13-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cain
what is the total thickness you need of shims to hold it in properly?
Not sure to be honest. When I look up the part # on Amain its 91043 and it's the whole kit, just need more of the little axle shims. I have about a 3/32 gap that allows the cv joint to push in enough to where the pin could come out. Not sure what the part # would be just for the shims or what size they are.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...c91043&x=0&y=0

I appreciate the quality of the truck but AE really cut some corners to keep the cost down. They excluded extra's like shims,fluids and tools you're use to seeing in all their other kits.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

So your pin can fall out even with the wheel on and the axle nut tightened down? Or just when the wheel is off?
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Has anyone else have issues getting the screws for the motor plate through the rear transmission? I know it has been said to put washers on all 3 screws, but one of my screws, I needed to use a pair of pliers to get it to seat all the way down before screwing it into the motor plate... It was almost like the hole that the cap head screw goes into was a tiny bit too small...

Originally Posted by FRONTI3R
Maybe I was the first Canadian to pick up the SC10 4x4 at 7pm last night!
Got mine Tuesday, 4pm, from Eliminator-RC. Winnipeg Rules!

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
The belt will touch the bottom of all three covers at some point during operation and in some cases the top of them here and there. This is normal and to be expected.
Well thats go to know as well cause i was wondering about that too. But mine is touching and i noticed it during assembly. car sitting still. should i not worry about it?
Old 05-13-2011, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlueGlowBoy
Has anyone else have issues getting the screws for the motor plate through the rear transmission? I know it has been said to put washers on all 3 screws, but one of my screws, I needed to use a pair of pliers to get it to seat all the way down before screwing it into the motor plate... It was almost like the hole that the cap head screw goes into was a tiny bit too small...
Same thing here. I just took an x-acto knife and trimmed the inside of the hole. Maybe the core in the mold was having a flashing issue...it happens.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JMD51
Sorry guys, but did I miss what the actual sway bar is made of on this setup?
Piano wire?
Yup, piano wire/music wire. I used .062 and .078 to give me the 1.5 or 2mm option.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Odin544
So your pin can fall out even with the wheel on and the axle nut tightened down? Or just when the wheel is off?
I believe so, the hex adapter is on and there's still a good bit of movement. I'll need to throw a wheel on and see what happens but that just brings up another issue of having to mess with the pin every time I remove the wheels to make sure it's seated properly.

I just need to get some more but it doesn't state what size they are in the manual.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike_Shepard
Can someone explain to me the purpose of the "inner" body mounts?
It's there to fit a future release of an overtray/ undertray that keeps the dirt from going in the chassis and electronics.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by csweattgo
Well thats go to know as well cause i was wondering about that too. But mine is touching and i noticed it during assembly. car sitting still. should i not worry about it?
You may not have the tensioner tight enough. (???)

What the manual doesn't explain is that if you use the optional 19t pulley the described tensioner settings will allow the belt to be loose.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by VegasHB
I believe so, the hex adapter is on and there's still a good bit of movement. I'll need to throw a wheel on and see what happens but that just brings up another issue of having to mess with the pin every time I remove the wheels to make sure it's seated properly.

I just need to get some more but it doesn't state what size they are in the manual.
You haven't "snapped" the hex all the way onto the pin. The play behind the hex to bearing should be .1-.2mm not very much at all.

If you have installed and tightened the wheels on and then remove you should see that this process will click them into place. Other wise you have to hold the driveshaft into the hub and push the hex on to snap it over the pin.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

What can I do to tighten the truck a bit? When trying to take corners at higher speeds it seems like all the weight is on the outside rear tier and the inside front will lift and the truck wants to spin out. This problem is even worse on off camber turns or turns right after downsiding a jump. Setup is stock.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LosiSuperTruck
What can I do to tighten the truck a bit? When trying to take corners at higher speeds it seems like all the weight is on the outside rear tier and the inside front will lift and the truck wants to spin out. This problem is even worse on off camber turns or turns right after downsiding a jump. Setup is stock.

Sway bars like all SC 4x4's come with except this AE truck...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.