Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Yup, sensorless is coming first, then sensored will follow... Combo's only.
Great can't wait tired of my pos mmp lol but my 3800 is good
Old 09-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default Motor Issues

All this talk about motor issues and heat issues. It seems to me that you are either running the motor too hard or pulling to much throttle...

One big difference between a pro-driver and other drivers is they can pull more gear because they drive smoother and also are not pinning the trigger all the time off the corners which causes the motor to build heat faster. So it is not always good do the exact same setup as a pro-driver. ( I am making no suggestion on rather you are or are not doing this...)

Also, all this need for a 4 pole motor which I just do not understand. I am running a D3 4.5 turn 550 motor and I have all the power I could ever put down and the motor temps between 170 & 180 after a 10 min main. I am very competitive and win often. It seems we are on the motor of the month wagon in the 4wd SCT class these past few months.. I see it on the forums and locally. Get off the wagon, figure out your setup and gearing and go racing... Stepping down off my soap box now...

Last edited by JFuel11; 09-05-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Maybe you have rookie drivers in your neck of the woods just a thought not to be taken serious.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

per jfuel11s comment...well said.....
Old 09-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

+1
Old 09-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thefatkid
Strange enough, it is the 14mm crawler rotor. Working really well for me at this point.
I didn't think it was strange, just unusual - and why I asked!
Old 09-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default Yes & No...

Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID
Maybe you have rookie drivers in your neck of the woods just a thought not to be taken serious.
I do agree with you that we do not have the level of competition you would out west, with that said we have many pros around here that we race with and hold our own against as well. I get to chase Mike Paige around the track often in 4WD SCT and 1/8 buggy.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

All the motor talk does get kinda old.... The little green motor works so well and is so cheap, it's a no brainer....

Local guy thought he should run a high-wind 540 motor, smoked his speedo eventually and would come off over 200*.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Artikbot
Comes with a 3mm shaft, but you can use a shaft thickener or simply buy the 5mm shaft rebuild kit.

Although I'd rather run 48p. So damn smooth, and combined to the already smooth 3800, the couple is perfect.
Thanks Bot! I forgot about the shaft thickener.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by socalrcer
I just started looking for more steering, after going yellow all the way around I felt I got rid of most of traction rolling issues. Otherwise I am almost running Cav's set up too. I was thinking of something similar to your setup, but trying reds in the back and leaving yellows up front, going up in fluid all the way around. I never tried blue in the front and yellow in the back, think I'll try that first this week.
Lol...that's probably why we were so evenly matched that night! I liked the 27.5 in the rear with the yellow springs. When I was washing my tires before I left I noticed my left rear had come loose & I kinda rounded out the hex in the rim . Time to get rid of that wheel nut!
Old 09-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Vegatron75
All the motor talk does get kinda old.... The little green motor works so well and is so cheap, it's a no brainer....

Local guy thought he should run a high-wind 540 motor, smoked his speedo eventually and would come off over 200*.
I want to try that little green motor, wished they sold it by itself! Motor choice also depends on your track conditions, size of tracks, & sometimes your competition ...no one likes getting smoked going down the straight! For me I'm running a D3 4.5, it runs great & as long as I run it for what would be a 5-7 minute qualifier or main, temps stay good at 160-170. I have had too much fun & ran it for 10 minutes but the temps were 190-200 .
Old 09-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BLbound
I want to try that little green motor, wished they sold it by itself! Motor choice also depends on your track conditions, size of tracks, & sometimes your competition ...no one likes getting smoked going down the straight! For me I'm running a D3 4.5, it runs great & as long as I run it for what would be a 5-7 minute qualifier or main, temps stay good at 160-170. I have had too much fun & ran it for 10 minutes but the temps were 190-200 .
Love that lil green motor. We should call it the people's motor. Because I see it turning better lap times than the oops my bad, big red motor.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

After some great testing and abuse the RCshox Garodisc are now available in two flavors! I tested them with and without the clutch basket, so I made a design specifically for the basket as it is a great tuning tool.

Two disc setup: the first thing you notice is that they are more like a real clutch and have a progressive "grab". Once it locks in its in and it does this time and time again with no fade or glazing. At times you can actually pull the front wheels up while it is slipping but it just holds them at a certain height instead of trying to flip the truck backwards. You can basically drive through the wheelie. with the stock pads the motor mount and outer slipper plate would reach 140+*!! with these disc both of the plates were only 104*

http://rcshox.com/shoxshop/catalog/i...hp?cPath=23_26

Triple disc setup(clutch basket): This thing is really cool and acts just like a 1:1 triple disc, which is why these disc are designed to provide less grip than the dual. In testing the clutch basket engaged much quicker and required VERY little spring pressure, in fact the nut was only halfway on the shaft and it would still lock up in about 3ft! on the track this is great for quick jumps and right out of turn obstacles where you need punch. i feel that the clutch basket with the Garodisc on sticky clay and hot motors will be the ticket!

http://rcshox.com/shoxshop/catalog/i...hp?cPath=23_26

As with anything that requires slipping you will need a little break in time and for us just running about 5 minutes with it slipping for about 4ft did the job!
Visit the site for details/pricing and you can always PM me for specific questions
Old 09-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Yup, sensorless is coming first, then sensored will follow... Combo's only.
What speedo will the 4 pole sensored motors get bundled with?
Old 09-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vegatron75

The little green motor is good for those that can't feel or tell the difference in the drive ability and inconsistency of a sensor less motor or system. If you can't feel a difference you might want to consult a physician to have your hand to eye coordination checked out.... This post is not directed immediately towards you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.