Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 05PSD
So, what I get from this is you're fast, you name drop a lot, and you have a MBA? Oh yea, everyone should get out of your way? Correct?
Think he's saying have respect for the faster guys coming up on you during qualifying and let them bye and don't take him out after he passes you.

This is an ongoing issue for most people at local tracks. I feel his pain and wish that people would move over for the fast guys during qualifying... I know I do in 2wd buggy where i'm not the fastest guy. The race is a bit of different story mind you.

Stick behind the fast guy during qualifying and learn where he's making time on you... maybe you will be the fast guy at the next round or next race!
Old 08-17-2011, 10:05 AM
Tech Legend

Not really a on going issue , just what happens when you use IFMAR qualifying.

Newer racers have very little experience with the method and they think they are just racing when a faster car comes up ... .

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 08-17-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Not really a on going issue , just what happens when you use IFMAR qualifying.

Newer racers have very little experience with the method and they just think they are just racing when a faster car comes up ... .
I agree about moving over for the fast guys,I was fighting for 3rd place and had a awesome battle going back and forth and when we lapped a few guys,two turns later he t-bones me and takes off,luckily for me the guy in 3rd made some mistakes and I ended up 3rd overall.takes one person to ruin your race,just back off and let the guys pass
Old 08-17-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FRONTI3R
Think he's saying have respect for the faster guys coming up on you during qualifying and let them bye and don't take him out after he passes you.

This is an ongoing issue for most people at local tracks. I feel his pain and wish that people would move over for the fast guys during qualifying... I know I do in 2wd buggy where i'm not the fastest guy. The race is a bit of different story mind you.

Stick behind the fast guy during qualifying and learn where he's making time on you... maybe you will be the fast guy at the next round or next race!

Thanks for the cliff notes frontier. I agree that if you let someone bye, you will both be "faster".
Old 08-17-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

We just recently went to this style of qualifying at the track I run at the most... Everyone else pins it as soon as they hear the horn... I sit back at the start of the main straight and wait about 20-30 seconds for everyone else to get those first few corner crashes out of the way and marshalled, then I go... Manage to qualify 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 4th (with a Nimh...forgot to charge my lipos!) and then finished 2nd in the A-main....

Is there something wrong with doing this? Sitting back and waiting for 30 seconds? I didn't see ANYONE else doing this in any of the other classes....but it just seems like it helps avoid the demolition derby and by the time you catch up to the slower drivers, they are spread out a little bit, allowing cleaner passing...
Old 08-17-2011, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Every day I check out this tread and its getting way off subject ..trying to find info on sc10 4x4 is getting to hard ..can someone just update the 1st page with new finds / info
Old 08-17-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BlueGlowBoy
We just recently went to this style of qualifying at the track I run at the most... Everyone else pins it as soon as they hear the horn... I sit back at the start of the main straight and wait about 20-30 seconds for everyone else to get those first few corner crashes out of the way and marshalled, then I go... Manage to qualify 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 4th (with a Nimh...forgot to charge my lipos!) and then finished 2nd in the A-main....

Is there something wrong with doing this? Sitting back and waiting for 30 seconds? I didn't see ANYONE else doing this in any of the other classes....but it just seems like it helps avoid the demolition derby and by the time you catch up to the slower drivers, they are spread out a little bit, allowing cleaner passing...
Nope. Nothing wrong with this. I'm use to sedan and even for qualifying we have a grid position. If I'm in front, I hit the throttle on the horn like a dragster times the tree and try to run a line through the first turn that will keep me out of trouble. If I'm in the back, I just hang back and pick my way through the carnage. If I'm in the middle, I try to find a big empty piece of track to dodge the people behind me and drive around those in front of me while saying a little prayer for luck. With SC, we do these Landrush starts and I try to hang back to stay out of the carnage. Still getting use to it and trying to tweak my technique but I'm thinking hanging out at the start line after the horn for a bit (20-30 seconds is a bit much...at the track I race at 30 seconds and you'd already be getting lapped...) and then sort though the mess.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 05PSD
So, what I get from this is you're fast, you name drop a lot, and you have a MBA? Oh yea, everyone should get out of your way? Correct?
In order: not really, not at all (Brent was far wiser than me and deserves credit for sharing that wisdom ), I have used the same user name online since 1995 everywhere on the internet.

Oh yea, absolutely NOT, but don’t expect me to show you much respect on track if I see you running guys down ontrack and running your mouth on the drivers stand/in the pits how someone hacked you.

Accidents happen, mistakes are made, "I'm sorry" and "Thank you" go a long way, and respect and reputation is earned not owed. With that in mind, SC is a contact class. If that contact bothers you, consider you might be in the wrong hobby, or hobby.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
In order: not really, not at all (Brent was far wiser than me and deserves credit for sharing that wisdom ), I have used the same user name online since 1995 everywhere on the internet.

Oh yea, absolutely NOT, but don’t expect me to show you much respect on track if I see you running guys down ontrack and running your mouth on the drivers stand/in the pits how someone hacked you.

Accidents happen, mistakes are made, "I'm sorry" and "Thank you" go a long way, and respect and reputation is earned not owed. With that in mind, SC is a contact class. If that contact bothers you, consider you might be in the wrong hobby, or hobby.
I think the rubbing is what makes this class fun,BUT rubbing and hacking are two different things,nothing like a good move to the inside wig alittle rubbing,and both bars make it out of the corner clean,but running a car over,spinning him out and taking off is another,if I hit someone like that I stop a d wait for him to get going and let him back in front of me,common curtisey.you don't want to be know as the hack or a a-hole.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

THE OFFICIAL CHIT-CHAT TREAD !
Old 08-17-2011, 11:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thinking about getting a FT sc10 2wd. Ppl with both trucks, will a Tekin rs-pro+7.5t combo give the 2wd the approximate same speed (or feel) as my sc4x 4.5 4x4? (let's assume the same type gearing i.e. lowest on both).
Old 08-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Rev
just built my truck. very nice build and great quality. Oh, and LOTS of screws. good think my ryobi was charged when i started. Even with all the pre-built sections of the truck, it still took a while to build due to the number of screws holding it together. I now know why the aluminum screw set for the truck is on back order at a-main.

I managed to shoehorn a tekin 2650 1/8 motor in it and now just need to adjust the gearing to make it fast enough on 2s. i figure a 20/58 should be about right.

Only think i can knock this truck for so far is that taking the servo out is a royal pain; stripped the horn after 5 minutes of running and realized i had to take like 10 screw out just to wiggle the servo out. I might need to mod the bottom of the chassis and mounting points so i can get it out without needing to disassemble 1/4 of the truck. Should have sprung for a nice new high end servo before assembling the truck cause now i will probably need to take it out again soon.

anyway, i like it so far and it's very quite for a 4wd stadium truck; the older vesions sound like armageddon when 7 of them are racing on an indoor track together.
Loosen up on the servo saver before you blow another! I had 2 servos go before I did this.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GuiltyByAssoc
Thinking about getting a FT sc10 2wd. Ppl with both trucks, will a Tekin rs-pro+7.5t combo give the 2wd the approximate same speed (or feel) as my sc4x 4.5 4x4? (let's assume the same type gearing i.e. lowest on both).
you'll never have the same feel. the motors are two different beasts.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlueGlowBoy

I have on occasion held back just a couple of seconds or so at the start of the horn then take off, ended up driving right around the carnage during both heat and mains. But only if I start from the back. If in the 1-4 spots. I do take off as quickly as i can to get to the corner before the rush.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie
Cool, bro. So, since you're beating a dead horse, ThunderbirdJunkie is not allowed an opinion based on the products he's used? IE the Ruluxes for his B4.1 and his SC10, which had cracks in the barrel of the wheel within two race days on both?
Or maybe he's not allowed his opinion based on the poor quality of the film the bodies are made from based on his experience in plastic film extrusion, and the fact that the body holes on his JC Truth body wallowed out within a day on the track, and the fact that that same body cracked worse and faster than his
A: stock SC10 2w body
B: his SC10 '09 Champ body
C: any of his many PL bodies
D: his XXX-SCT stock bodies

Or maybe the fact that the Barcodes didn't hold up as well as his PL Suburbs OR his AKA Wishbones (the Wishbones having a decided advantage over the suburbs)?

Or perhaps his negative experience just doesn't matter for anything because he is not a Nats-caliber driver? Because, you know, the only opinions that matter are the people that have a full ride sponsorship, NOT the lowly morons that actually pay money for the stuff

And AKA.

Start reading more and open your eyes, bucko.
Weird, I've had really good luck with Jconcetpts products, maybe it's because I rarely crash, I've been in RC since 1994 bucko, also I read every day. I just don't see the need to bash a small company when clearly their product are as good as any. Maybe it's just you. My eyes are hard to keep open bucko I'm 40 years old. Your comments always seem to come from left field. Im a 19year aero space machinist so I feel like I can judge a quality product. Oh well, go drive your thunderturd and I'll drive my mustang.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.