Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default front belt keeps popping off

my front belt keeps popping off, tried to adjust tention even replaced belt no luck, any fix for this, truck was fine for many races poped off once now just keeps popping off. any help would be great
Old 08-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sewerdog
my front belt keeps popping off, tried to adjust tention even replaced belt no luck, any fix for this, truck was fine for many races poped off once now just keeps popping off. any help would be great
happens to me too, something might be bent. might be a tensioner problem or belt cover.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

My tires filled up with loose dirt a couple weeks ago and i too needed to vent the tire and plug the rim. I went and bought a leather punch from Michael's for like $7. It looks like this

I just fit it over the back side of the rim and it cut right through without going into the foam. No cutting into the sidewall or un-mounting and no burning...
Old 08-13-2011, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarqueeRc
Did you use heat on the allen head or just drill/drive it through?
I need to vent my tires also as one is collecting much debris and is def making my truck feel off..They are Jconepts subcultures i mounted on jconcept relux wheels...Hope i did not destroy my foams??in your pic the one that is bigger is full of dirt and debris, right? How was that foam?
You'll be OK. JConcepts foams, wheels, and tires suck anyway

The one that is bigger is only full of air. Those are new tires that have only been run down the hallway with NO holes in the wheel OR tire.
Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
are you guys putting the holes in the middle of the tread?
Yep
You don't need it.

In all seriousness, check your alignement between front and rear pullies.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie
You'll be OK. JConcepts foams, wheels, and tires suck anyway
Ok??
MarqueeRc isnt sure if tbird understood but he would like to know if tbird drilled or heated the allen head??He asked that question in his inquiry, but oddly got no clear reply? No biggy, was just curious, but if its top secret 3rd person world info than no worries!!

Last edited by MarqueeRc; 08-13-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:20 AM
Tech Regular

I'm big on the concept that a successful day at the track is one where you improve. Last time at the track, I ran 6 laps and was dead last qualifying and running in the C main.

Tonight, I ran with the new servo, new radio, new battery, and new clutch basket. Ran 8 laps during my qualifiers at 5:33 and 5:36 total time. I notice when I'd land jumps that the back end of the truck would get really squirly. Being so new to off-road, the fact I noticed this at all suprised me. I looked at the rear suspension before the main and noticed the rear end was really low. I raised it back up to just a bit higher than it should be and that was my only change.

I qualified 4th in the C main tonight so that alone was better. Then I ran in first for the first lap across the line which is the first time I've lead an off road race. I never dropped lower the second and finished there out of 8 trucks and ran 9 laps at 5:00.060! Almost 10 laps. I then got bumped to the B and ran 8th out of 11 because my nerves were getting to me. Still ran 9 at 5:31 so improved a whole lap compared to my qualifiers.

Overall, a pretty good night and at least I did better than last time. Truck felt good with the rear raised up a little and the 8.5 540 I run had a considerable amount of power with the new slipper and batter. That cluch basked made a ton of difference. Well worth it.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:09 AM
Tech Regular

WOW. Where on Earth do you live?
Spain my friend

I was lucky enough to find a shop that races on nationals, europeans and worlds, so they know what they sell (that's where I got my car from, the ONLY online (and probably local aswell) shop in the country that sells the AE SC10 4x4). But they don't have the new slipper set, so I'll need to get it (once again) from the States or from Britain

Btw, I would not punch holes in the wheels, actually I run without any holes anywhere.

Thinking about punching some holes on the tires though.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Just throwing out what is working for me with the slipper; roughing up the slipper plates (not pads) with some 150 grit sand paper. I had decent bite with just the hd pad on the outside with it cranked almost completely down on my 4.5 sc4x on the low traction surfaces around here, but I hit up a high bite track and was definitely lacking. Freshened up the pads and roughed up the plates and it has mad pull that lasts a couple weekends instead of a couple races.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

That sure works!!

I used to do that on my Lazer ZX5 to get more control over the slippage.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ok??
MarqueeRc isnt sure if tbird understood but he would like to know if tbird drilled or heated the allen head??He asked that question in his inquiry, but oddly got no clear reply?;No biggy, was just curious, but if its top secret 3rd person world info than no worries!!
Oh, whoops. ThunderbirdJunkie just punched it through, didn't heat it
Old 08-13-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

Oh, whoops. ThunderbirdJunkie just punched it through, didn't heat it
Cool. Thnx for reply tbird..
I tried the heat method with a old worn out tire and it seemed to work..I def think i may have gotten a lil of the foam though..Hope that does not destroy the foam especially when i try on the real tires??Wouldn't think so, being that such a small surface area got effected by the scorching heat..Wicked stench came out the rubber also ..
Old 08-13-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

Cool. Thnx for reply tbird..
I tried the heat method with a old worn out tire and it seemed to work..I def think i may have gotten a lil of the foam though..Hope that does not destroy the foam especially when i try on the real tires??Wouldn't think so, being that such a small surface area got effected by the scorching heat..Wicked stench came out the rubber also ..
I strongly advice you to do it outside...
Old 08-13-2011, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If you are running soft compound tires you should be able to pinch the rubber on the tread of the tires and pull it up far enoungh to use some small curved scissors to cut the pinch. Just be careful, it is ez to cut the hole too large.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've read back a little bit and it seems like things are a little out of hand regarding the slippers. There are times when the stock slipper is fine. If you don't have problems then byball means run the stock slipper. For some, the stock slipper is slipping too much. If your situation needs a stronger slipper there are ways to make it better.

At the end of the day run what works for you. It's hard to judge every one else based on your individual situation and track.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you put a new belt on it probably streached again, it will stretch like 3 times before it stops streaching based on my experience with my truck. I'm running both 19t pullys, I messed up putting it together, haven't felt like messing with it because it's going so good. You could do the center brace mod if it keeps on doing it. Also I run the front tensioner tighter than the rear to help keep it on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.