Originally Posted by 1Fastpede
60/60 is awesome.
Seriously?
Old 08-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1Fastpede
60/60 is awesome.
That high? Wouldn't that take away rear cornering and front steering.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID
Are you having heat issues? If so could be binding issues check all drive train and gears.
That might be, i havent driven it long enough to see heat issues. I do notice the front and rear diffs do not spin as freely as my t4 or b4.1
Old 08-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

I read that on the 3 screws to close the tranny case you need to use a washer between the tranny case and screw because there too long and cause binding issues.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:27 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
There are four fixes, all of them with slight trade offs.

1. The washers in the thrust bearing (part 91090) are too thin from the factory. Add washers there, I think they are quarter inch. Be careful to not add too many as this fix will cause misalignment in the belt.

2. Some claim the outside slipper plate (part 7485) is mis-machined at the center, and the center part causes an interference with the top shaft. This allows you to only tighten it down till it it hits the top shaft. Further compressing the spring doesn't get any more pressure on the slipper. You can check to see if yours has this problem by marking the top shaft with the slipper installed, and then disassembling the slipper, and re-install in the plate to the mark. Clearance as needed.

3. Break down for $35 and buy the Mac The Knife slipper basket and be happy.

4. Shelf the truck till AE gets the update parts out.

All of these are well documented in this thread. In the future, I suggest trying this:

I swear, you are bound to save time and frustration.
I stated before, Craig. I have read all (400 now) pages of this thread and used all their ideas (minus the basket I don't think I should have to buy to have a working truck) and nothing had fixed the problem other than adding washers on the front of the slipper. And that (fully compressed + some) barely worked. I don't 'like' that fix. It's stupid and allows no adjustability. Others state they have no problems. So this "problem" has never been officially resolved, only opinions on the fixes either behind the slipper, in front, the basket etc.(along with controversy on which (rear or front) is better.)

So thank you for showing me the search option, but I have done my research and was looking for some help about the 550 castle. Because my 540 works. The difference is what my original post and question was asking.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

I read that on the 3 screws to close the tranny case you need to use a washer between the tranny case and screw because there too long and cause binding issues.
I am gonna look at that also, thx! I hope i didnt get a bad motor off rctech. I tried advancing timing and even at 100% its not that quick. Is there a big difference between a 5.5 and a 4.5?
Old 08-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Seriously?

yes. But I feel 60 frt and 40 or 50 rear might be a bit better. or 50/50 maybe the ticket.

try it.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by driver5150
I am gonna look at that also, thx! I hope i didnt get a bad motor off rctech. I tried advancing timing and even at 100% its not that quick. Is there a big difference between a 5.5 and a 4.5?
Either one of those motors should fly. Remove the pinion and try rolling the car see if there is anything making to move sluggish or keeping it from free rolling smooth.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

Either one of those motors should fly. Remove the pinion and try rolling the car see if there is anything making to move sluggish or keeping it from free rolling smooth.
Thx, i did read in the manual how to check about it rolling free. The shaft on my motor does wiggle in and out just a little bit, is that ok?
Old 08-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by driver5150
Is any body having a problem with running a tekin sc4x 5.5 motor in their sc10 4x4? Even with timing advanced mine runs slow. I am using a 13/60.
Thanks for any suggestions!
i'm running a 4.5t sc4x in mine and it goes like you wouldn't believe. i've turned down the power now to improve my lap times - only running very mild timing and turbo. power is smooth and strong right through the rpm range. temps hover spot on the 150 mark (14t pinion, medium sized track).

perhaps have a look at your belt tension, i ended up going back to stock tension settings and found my truck to run smoother and quieter. on cement, i can push mine gently and it will glide for a yard or so (with motor)...

Last edited by mrjeremyaaron; 08-09-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
I stated before, Craig. I have read all (400 now) pages of this thread and used all their ideas (minus the basket I don't think I should have to buy to have a working truck) and nothing had fixed the problem other than adding washers on the front of the slipper. And that (fully compressed + some) barely worked. I don't 'like' that fix. It's stupid and allows no adjustability. Others state they have no problems. So this "problem" has never been officially resolved, only opinions on the fixes either behind the slipper, in front, the basket etc.(along with controversy on which (rear or front) is better.)

So thank you for showing me the search option, but I have done my research and was looking for some help about the 550 castle. Because my 540 works. The difference is what my original post and question was asking.
I really despise people like you who, rather than be proactive, choose to complain because the solution doesn't "fit" whatever they think it should be.

I went to a lot of trouble to even be nice to you. Assuming karma exists, there is little doubt why you are having trouble with your product, even after you fixed it thanks to this thread.

Please feel free to continue to complain! I need the entertainment.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:43 PM

I really despise people like you who, rather than be proactive, choose to complain because the solution doesn't "fit" whatever they think it should be.

I went to a lot of trouble to even be nice to you. Assuming karma exists, there is little doubt why you are having trouble with your product, even after you fixed it thanks to this thread.

o____________O

Yeah. My lacking Proactive'ness putting washers on the front of slipper before anyone told me to, my very active reading a 400 page novel to find information for a "real" fix... is such a poor thing and deserves negative Karma. Please.

I fixed the problem with my 540 1410 castle. I stated in my original post with lots of shiny pictures and questions stating it with all due professionalism that my problem revolved around my 550 1415 castle motor that the spacers were not enough for, rear, front, side, another dimension fixing. I wanted to know what ELSE there was to replace to fix this problem from the original batch. I got the new thrust washer and it still didn't solve the problem from everyone saying 'it alone' was machined wrong. I'm looking for what to buy next to get this running right 'stock'. So...

Thanks to the couple of you who looked at the pictures and threw suggestions out understanding my problem. I'll drive my 540 till the new slipper is released.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
Okay. What in the %&#! is the deal. I have read over this forum, done the Spacer idea. Ran a 540 can motor... Ugh. Lemme just list this.

540 1410 Castle
- THREE Washer spacers, barely got up and went, screamed like a dying animal till the disks warmed up and still wasn't 'great'.
- 540 works *GREAT* in my Slash 4x4

550 1415 Castle
- bought a brand new Slipper system. Thrust bearing, washers, spring, cap, nut. etc. tightened everything up, slowly all.... the... way... down to a completely compressed spring and STILL absolutely no acceleration.
- 550 works *GREAT* in my Slash 4x4.

I've tested the motors and ESC possible suggestions by switching vehicles. *It is not the motor or ESC*

This thing spins for TEN PLUS FEET before it will go. I've fought with this for months. And honestly, i'm getting very tired of it. I understand this stupid basket thing solves that, but I find that rediculous honestly. (no offense)

Is there anything i'm missing? Brand new pads, I chopped and roughed up. new disks, scratched those up now too out of desperation. Motor is iiiiiice cold, Slipper disk is on fire.

Quoted for Craigerlocks
Old 08-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Dude chillax!! No need to flame up?? He can vent if he wants?? It does suck that he cant get it figured out yet..No need to make this about you and your despises as you went through "alot of trouble to be nice to him"?? Wtf, really??..
Just move on and get over it..Your just adding to the fire..No need..U barged in on the coversation by telling him to use the search thread?
Hope he figures it out..

Coyote check your private messages as i am curiious to your issues? I think you should be able to run the 550 with no extra mods, as I have and seen others do with no issues?? So check my inquiry on my pm to you..
Old 08-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Mmmmmmmmkaaaaaaaay.....

Sorry, thought that was funny......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.