Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 07:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evilllempire
first batch shipment of trucks? weren't some of the components not machined correctly? I run Castle 3800 and MMP and have not had a single issue with wit the slipper
Mine is a first batch, and short of a machining flaw that had to be fixed to even assemble the slipper... it works ok.

Remove one of the slipper pads and see if that outer plate slides on further than the thickness of the pad or not. It may be bottoming out on the round part of the shaft. If this is the case then you can add shims to the slipper bearing, this gives the outer slipper plate more room to move before bottoming out.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I'm planning out my electronics for my upcoming SC10 4x4, I definitely plan on running a 540 motor (and probably doing the saddle pack mod as well). What have you guys found to be the closest equivalents to the 550 sized motors? I want the general power/speed of a 550 4.5, I'm stuck between a 5.5 or 6.5 540 motor (I do plan on running a 13mm rotor in whatever I go with). What do you guys think would be comparable to a 550 4.5?
Old 08-09-2011, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
if your bending cva's and your not crshing, your cva's are catching on the diff outdrives. to check this, fully compress the a-arm, (dont just bottom the truck out on the ground) then turn the wheel or cva to check to see if it catches, if so, then put in some limmiters.
I think mine is doing that on the front right CVA, by limiters you mean those red washers?
Old 08-09-2011, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

@xtraman22

I love my Castle 1410 3800.

Very smooth, and once you do the torque testing it becomes EVEN SMOOTHER!
Obviously, on a Castle ESC (I run the MMP)

Plenty of low and mid-range power, falls short of top-end power, but not really necessary unless you run on a very open track. In that case you should've chosen the Losi in the first place

People say the TenShock has more top end power, but I'd rather have the high RPM range under control. And if the track requieres it, overgear the Castle a little bit and get that extra speed.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

if your bending cva's and your not crshing, your cva's are catching on the diff outdrives. to check this, fully compress the a-arm, (dont just bottom the truck out on the ground) then turn the wheel or cva to check to see if it catches, if so, then put in some limmiters.
I'm still confused as to how anyone is getting their wheels to bounce up farther than when the truck bottoms out....I mean, I know that without springs and shock oil, momentum could push them that far, but in a real world situation, with the oil already slowing things down and the springs pushing them in the other direction, I just don't get it....

Though, I guess during a crash, where one wheel hits the ground....OK...maybe that makes sense...but normally once I see my truck is cartwheeling, I let go of the throttle....
Old 08-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GuiltyByAssoc
I think mine is doing that on the front right CVA, by limiters you mean those red washers?
Mine did the same as well on the front right. In the shock assembly bag there are little grey clips, add them as needed to the shock shafts.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BlueGlowBoy
I'm still confused as to how anyone is getting their wheels to bounce up farther than when the truck bottoms out....I mean, I know that without springs and shock oil, momentum could push them that far, but in a real world situation, with the oil already slowing things down and the springs pushing them in the other direction, I just don't get it....

Though, I guess during a crash, where one wheel hits the ground....OK...maybe that makes sense...but normally once I see my truck is cartwheeling, I let go of the throttle....
very easily, tilt the truck hard to one side while its bottomed out so that the a-arm compressed all the way
Old 08-09-2011, 09:41 AM
lip
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aoh
i run some drag brake, helps alot with lvling the truck off jumps for me.
Thanks guys...

I was looking for some setup info on the shocks and other areas of the car as well...

Thanks in advance,
LIP
Old 08-09-2011, 09:50 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Arigato
Here's a brace made out of carbon fiber rod a friend made for me.

Very kool ....
Old 08-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

very easily, tilt the truck hard to one side while its bottomed out so that the a-arm compressed all the way
you're actually getting enough traction to have the truck roll so much through a corner that it bottoms out? Or are you saying that you are landing the truck on one side or the other, rather than on all 4 wheels...

I understand how to force the truck to do this on the bench, but in a real world situation, I don't see it happening....
Old 08-09-2011, 10:05 AM
Tech Legend

you're actually getting enough traction to have the truck roll so much through a corner that it bottoms out? Or are you saying that you are landing the truck on one side or the other, rather than on all 4 wheels...

I understand how to force the truck to do this on the bench, but in a real world situation, I don't see it happening....

Sc10 4x4 weights about 5lb going in a straight line ,..

Take a sharp turn and weight becomes way past 15lb due to the G forces...
Old 08-09-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

At "our" track, at the end of the front straight there is a bermed (pretty steep) right hand 180* corner. There's alos a smallish roller right before the berm.

My truck was coming off the straight and hitting the roller then the berm. The problem was the truck would hit the berm pretty fast and with all the weight and force on the left front wheel, surely compressing it fully and causing the cva to get clipped by the groove in outdrive.

I added about 4-5mm of fuel tubing to counter this.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by barry1me
If I can get my dog bone issue/slipper issue/slippinig pinion figured out I would be pretty happy....if not I will be looking for a SCTE. I like the way it handles now that I have it dialed in.
Dog bone issue = 4-5mm fuel tubing...solved

Slipper issue = MTK clutch basket, or these new AE parts that are coming out.

Pinion issue = locktight and proper allen key

Actually the slipper deal isn't that bad, it's probably saving your tires a ton of wear and making the truck easier to drive.

The losi truck is wack, same old same old, 3 diff car. Better get a bigger motor/esc and better lipos for that pig...
Old 08-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Vegatron75
At "our" track, at the end of the front straight there is a bermed (pretty steep) right hand 180* corner. There's alos a smallish roller right before the berm.

My truck was coming off the straight and hitting the roller then the berm. The problem was the truck would hit the berm pretty fast and with all the weight and force on the left front wheel, surely compressing it fully and causing the cva to get clipped by the groove in outdrive.

I added about 4-5mm of fuel tubing to counter this.
AAAAH....gotcha. I understand. Sorry, the track I run on has all flat corners, and the only jump that is RIGHT after a corner is a VERY steep jump that if you hit it too fast, you overshoot the next corner, and usually end up pogoing on your front bumper...not having the fortune to run on other style tracks, I had tunnel vision.

Thanks for describing that situation...I see how you could end up with this "overcompression" of a suspension arm in a real world scenario now.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie
STRC having hopups for the SC10 4x4 means you should wait for the FT ones. All of their parts ThunderbirdJunkie has used on his SC10 2w and his XXX-SCT developed slop EXTREMELY quickly.
I think for the items I mentioned there wont be any slop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.