Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie
It's called a servo plug. There are lots of companies that sell them separate.
scottmen thanks you.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by 250r
i tried lots of things had the same troubles i went with a less gripping front tire and it calmed my truck down to a point where now i need more power im running eduro super soft rear with m4 slightly worn calibers in the front give it a shot cheapes and easiest way to see if it helps
I was having many of same issues as you have described. I bought the clutch basket and it eliminated all my problems. I actually rounded my right rear hex over the weekend from the power I’m able to put down now. Time for the FT hexes….
Old 08-08-2011, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jstall7543
What radio are you running? Maybe your buddy has his expo set more sensitive? Also make sure you didn't just swap a motor wire to get the motor to run reverse, switch it on the computer. Example: If the esc settings are at 50% reverse and you switch a wire you could be getting 50% forward. Just trying to help good luck. 3s is insane power, I bet that thing goes 50mph lol!
thanks for the info my 2s is close on the straights to the 3s guys in top speed just seems to be the instant power where its lacking for example setting up for jumps and rythym? sections. ill check the motor wires for sure wouldnt be the first time i got them reversed. im running the dx3r
Old 08-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
I see that there is an aftermarket clutch basket to help the slipper grip better on high bite tracks. What I would like to see is Associated come out with a spur gear with a thicker recess for the slipper pad and the extra plate to have their own triple slipper set up. It would be lighter than the aftermarket one and I think you could use your factory gear cover without modifying it.
i used a couple chewed up extra AE spurs and an extra slipper hub and with the help of my trust dremel and some CA glue I made a plastic version of the famous "clutch basket." Tested and raced this weekend on a 1/8th outdoor track and throttle-traction response was even better and I could clear all the big jumps with less run up. Slipper temps went down and I have 100% power on demand. Even though the car didn't seem like it was slipping before, I definately felt a difference now.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Tech Adept

Help out big dummy what is this said "clutch backet" any pics of it cuz of what i have read so far ive havent had a problem with my sc10 with the sliper but now i guess i will sence i have a big race to go to this w/e.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by specgie
i used a couple chewed up extra AE spurs and an extra slipper hub and with the help of my trust dremel and some CA glue I made a plastic version of the famous "clutch basket." Tested and raced this weekend on a 1/8th outdoor track and throttle-traction response was even better and I could clear all the big jumps with less run up. Slipper temps went down and I have 100% power on demand. Even though the car didn't seem like it was slipping before, I definately felt a difference now.
Do you have pics to share?
Old 08-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by special_k
Help out big dummy what is this said "clutch backet" any pics of it cuz of what i have read so far ive havent had a problem with my sc10 with the sliper but now i guess i will sence i have a big race to go to this w/e.
Type in "clutch basket".

117 responses.

Last edited by CraigMBA; 08-08-2011 at 01:56 PM. Reason: broken link
Old 08-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keeferton
I am using the protek male bullet connectors and the batteries are 5000mah. I did notice that the connectors were not very snug when i plugged them into the battery and the negative was more loose than the positive. Crazy how much heat that little connector can generate. I will try to spread the prongs a bit and see if that solves the problem. If not i guess ill have to stop using cheap batts or maybe try some current limiting.
I wouldn't bother. The bullets are probably low quality, and they loose their springiness when they get hot.

Resistance causes heat which causes more resistance. Bad bullet connectors will melt the case, cause a solder failure, and damage the cells. I had this issue with both my Gens Ace packs. (And yeah I tried prying the springs back out repeatedly.)

You also need to pop the case open and check to be sure the female bullet connector hasn't come off. The case will hold it snug enough to show voltage and charge, but it will fail or run really hot in the car.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
I see that there is an aftermarket clutch basket to help the slipper grip better on high bite tracks. What I would like to see is Associated come out with a spur gear with a thicker recess for the slipper pad and the extra plate to have their own triple slipper set up. It would be lighter than the aftermarket one and I think you could use your factory gear cover without modifying it.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Works great controlling fore & aft flex , easy to install...

125mm Ti Rod

i like this mod alot WC. very tidy

does this equate to a noticeable difference in on the track performance???

i'm thinking of copying what you have done here simply to avoid any potential belt jumping issues from the chassis flex (only happened to me once after the successfully completing the biggest lawn dart in the history of rc), so performance gains will be a bonus.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by mrjeremyaaron
i like this mod alot WC. very tidy

does this equate to a noticeable difference in on the track performance???

i'm thinking of copying what you have done here simply to avoid any potential belt jumping issues from the chassis flex (only happened to me once after the successfully completing the biggest lawn dart in the history of rc), so performance gains will be a bonus.

Have not run the truck with the mod yet , but with the brace it is obviously stiffer than with out the brace ....

Expecting more Forward traction when accelerating ....
Attached Thumbnails SC10 4x4 Thread-sc-10-4x4-chassis-brace-001.jpg  
Old 08-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CentralCoaster
I wouldn't bother. The bullets are probably low quality, and they loose their springiness when they get hot.

Resistance causes heat which causes more resistance. Bad bullet connectors will melt the case, cause a solder failure, and damage the cells. I had this issue with both my Gens Ace packs. (And yeah I tried prying the springs back out repeatedly.)

You also need to pop the case open and check to be sure the female bullet connector hasn't come off. The case will hold it snug enough to show voltage and charge, but it will fail or run really hot in the car.
Hmmm, I figured the Protek ones would be high enough quality. Any recommendations on good male bullet connectors? Anyone use the castle creation ones?
Old 08-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by special_k

Clutch basket thread.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ch-basket.html
Old 08-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

After running this weekend, I finally found a happy left to right weight ratio with the truck. Everything checked out on the ride height and spring colars. Any input would be appreciated.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Anyone use the castle creation ones?
They're too short. I bought some duratrax low profile bullets at my LHS. So far htey are staying snug. Don't let the duratrax label scare you, they are gold plated and nice and snug. I'm sure duratrax doesn't actually make them Couldn't find a link but this looks like the exact same bullets. http://www.fantomracing.com/proddeta...?prod=FAN26150 Team epic also sells some that look identical .

Last edited by PanicRev; 08-08-2011 at 06:19 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.