Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
What is the benefit advantage of 20 t vs 19t clicker?

I don't understand.
I do not fully understand it as well, but with the 19t pulleys, the front wheels will rotate faster.
Aoh
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Dgee
Tomorrow I'll be doing some work on the limiting of the shocks as well as a some different oil combos and maybe some piston changes.
i tried limiters on my truck, not sure on your track, although they did appear to work well for me, unfortunately i needed the full travel for my track as i kept bottoming out and slapping the chassis, which would upset the truck on landings. so i took them out. ended up with 35wt ft 25wt rear, still playing with the truck, but thats where i am at, and the truck is 110% better feeling to me (i also have 2.1mm sways f+r).

Originally Posted by murky123
how can there be such a variety in diff fluids for everyone?

I seems logic that the differance is in small steps to everyones liking and setup/track conditions.

but the range from 5K to 60K for the front diff doesnt seem logic to me.
i think alot of it is driver preference and track condition, as some have commented that it pushes and they want more steering, which to me, is very odd, as i am trying to dial OUT my steering! it has a TON of steering. the thing can turn on a dime, and on high speed sweepers/turns, it was oversteering for me. it wasnt a controlled drift/oversteer either. and i already had 15k in my front diff. looking at chris's setup setup sheet changes from his first sheet vs his current, it appears he is having similar issues as i was.
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DRFTPRO
Well i just got back from the track!
I ran my truck on a large 1/8th scale track today and my motor got really hot.
I temped it at 155 but that was after cooling for 3 minutes. I am running a 13t pinion on an sc4x 5.5. I think the belt was slipping and I thought I had made it as tight as it gets. The handling was awesome! I think that if I can get the temp down and power to the ground(belt slipping) I will catch and pass all the local losi and durangos. if any one has some thing to help me out with the slipping of my belt that also sounds like my truck has a rev limiter I might ad please post it so any others and I can start winning on the track!
where are you topping out down the longest straight?

Originally Posted by Keep'N It Cool
If you run the 19t overdrive clicker it will make your front tires pull more then the rear allowing you more throttle out of the corner especially on loose tracks
Is this info in the manual? if not, would be good to add to the first page.

So, who here is running on a loose loamy track with big jumps? Looking for diff fluid choice info.

From what people are saying, I really wish AE did not do the partial build of the diffs etc. Leave it to the hobbyiest to build there stuff right. Anyone notice any issues on prebuilt stuff? (damaged orings, etc)
Old 05-12-2011, 07:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bburns
well i finally can post some pics on here for you guys to see. im really happy with this truck.
Is your RX8 sitting with the posts towards the back? I put the tray and receiver box in and it will only sit 'sideways' with the posts towards the inside or outside. Does not running the tray give you enough room to run posts to the back?
Old 05-12-2011, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Got a chance to put mine on the track this morning. I am in love even though my set up was not perfect and needs some tweeking. I do agree that swaybars are needed but I am going to play with shock position to try to get a little less body roll untill they come out. Running a Novak 4.5 550 with the 12 tooth pinion temps after about 4 minutes were only 90° This is on a large 1/8th scale track. My session was cut short when I broke my servo when I caught a pipe. I made the mistake of using a 9402 servo with plastic gears (dumb). I had it laying around and it is super fast, just not strong. I will post how bad it is to change.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by DRFTPRO
Well i just got back from the track!
I ran my truck on a large 1/8th scale track today and my motor got really hot.
I temped it at 155 but that was after cooling for 3 minutes. I am running a 13t pinion on an sc4x 5.5. I think the belt was slipping and I thought I had made it as tight as it gets. The handling was awesome! I think that if I can get the temp down and power to the ground(belt slipping) I will catch and pass all the local losi and durangos. if any one has some thing to help me out with the slipping of my belt that also sounds like my truck has a rev limiter I might ad please post it so any others and I can start winning on the track!
What esc are you running and what are the settings as far as timing goes?
Old 05-12-2011, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Went out last night and put 6 packs through mine. I started out with how I initially built it. I glued up some AKA Enduros to the stock wheels.

I'm running a Fantom 7.5 540 right out of the package geared 93/18 with a Tekin RS Pro and anywhere from a 5000 35c to a 5300 60c pack (which was a tight fit). First run just for 5-6 minutes motor came off at 135, ESC @ 110 and battery ambient (72*F)

I moved the battery back all of the way and ran my next pack there. Though not bad it made the truck less responsive and jumped inconsistently. I ran this pack for about 10 minutes. Motor temp was 153, ESC 118 battery still at ambient.

Next run I moved the rear shock bottoms in on arm (I built them in the outer hole as this is where I usually run my other cars/trucks) the truck started to "dump over" on corner exit (This thing really needs sway bars!) So I pulled it back in and changed back to the outer hole and stood them up to the outer hole on the tower. This run yielded a better feel but it was now bouncing off of the tires in the choppy sections.

Another pit stop, changed battery, put the shocks back to middle hole on the tower and changed rear pistons to 1.3s. When back out and by this time people started to take notice when an expert E-Buggy driver couldn't pull away from me. (He could in the sections that I wasn't going to chance breakage on I was on the stand for about 15 minutes with a "mental patient grin" on my face. I finally pulled off and temped everything. Motor was 178, ESC was 130 and the battery @ 92. Absolutely fine for a hard 15 minute run.

The truck was a blast to drive. It's not yet perfect but time will allow for things to be dialed in.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

every post up your belt tension settings please.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Is anyone out there making chassis protectors for the bottom of this thing yet and whats the word on when the overtray will be out.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1Fastpede
Stock settings with 20/20 pullys.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cain
where are you topping out down the longest straight?

Is this info in the manual? if not, would be good to add to the first page.

So, who here is running on a loose loamy track with big jumps? Looking for diff fluid choice info.

From what people are saying, I really wish AE did not do the partial build of the diffs etc. Leave it to the hobbyiest to build there stuff right. Anyone notice any issues on prebuilt stuff? (damaged orings, etc)
I haven't looked for it in the manual, but I think they did it to simulate a lighter diff fluid if you had a center diff. With a lighter fluid you would send more power to the front tires at take off, or coming out of a turn.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ktm11rider
Is anyone out there making chassis protectors for the bottom of this thing yet and whats the word on when the overtray will be out.
We (Track Star) have spoke to Imagine-it Graphics about a chassis protector. possibly in the next couple of weeks.

They are the guys that just released the "UnderWear" inner body skins.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1Fastpede
Running factory settings which is Middle hole in the back and second to top hole in the front
Old 05-12-2011, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cain
The track we test at (Hemet Comp. Raceway) is exactly what you described.

I'm running 30,000 front and 4,000 rear PTRC fluids in mine.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Overdrive pulley setup info is on page 41 of manual.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.