Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GuiltyByAssoc
Like a noob, I didn't center the servo (I know..tsk..tsk). Am I SOL or is there a way to adjust the servo mount without spending a day disassemble the car?
It really isnt hard. I am trying to remember the exact number of screws and to get acces and the number 6 is what I think it was when I broke my car down.

the front clip comes of so easy and then everything is right there.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GuiltyByAssoc
Excellent, got the 7.2volt power drill just need to get the 3mm bits.

Thanx!
go very easy on the trigger as not to heat the plastic. if the drill has adj speed take down and put the clutch on the drill back to like 3 if it has one.

you may know all of that already but I thought I would worn you just incase you didnt.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lodhammerdin
What would you say is a good temp for the slipper to be after a five minute heat and a 10 minute main? Thanks for your input.
Well My first race day I had mine slipping a little but it didnt seem overly excessive...at least until i tried pulling the spur off and discovered the spur melted and fused the outer hub to the shaft. It also discolored the slipper spring at its base so now its blue lol.

I remember seeing temps on the outer pad as high as 170.

I am now running the dual pad basket and hot racing vented slipper hubs, and high torque pads. Have it slipping pretty well and its cool to the touch. haven't put an actual race on it so will report back later.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
IMO it sounds like you're undergeared. Try going up a tooth or two at least and temp it after a couple minutes. Undergearing brushless motors is just as bad as overgearing them.
Originally Posted by Smoedog
Well My first race day I had mine slipping a little but it didnt seem overly excessive...at least until i tried pulling the spur off and discovered the spur melted and fused the outer hub to the shaft. It also discolored the slipper spring at its base so now its blue lol.

I remember seeing temps on the outer pad as high as 170.

I am now running the dual pad basket and hot racing vented slipper hubs, and high torque pads. Have it slipping pretty well and its cool to the touch. haven't put an actual race on it so will report back later.
Sounds good to me im gonna be ordering the basket as soon as I sell some more of my stuff sold. But it seems like people look at my name and say "im not gonna buy from him" so I t might take a week or two to get the money.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Hey guys,

I have a good friend of mine that owns a Losi SCTE 4x4, and is on the fence about buying the SC10 4x4. I've tried to convince him. Can you guys please offer some opinions as to why he should have this truck, as opposed to the Slowsi....
Old 07-25-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Tuning Springs

Don't know if it was already mentioned but A-Main has all the tuning springs available for the truck. I'm going to wait for the set instead of buying them individually.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackLabelVinyl
Hey guys,

I have a good friend of mine that owns a Losi SCTE 4x4, and is on the fence about buying the SC10 4x4. I've tried to convince him. Can you guys please offer some opinions as to why he should have this truck, as opposed to the Slowsi....
Chad which track does he run on? I run at SCSC Titusville, Daytona, etc. Each truck has its strengths and weaknesses.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackLabelVinyl
Hey guys,

Depends....does he like running things over, or driving with skill?

Kidding....mostly.

The SC104x4 rewards smooth, articulate driving....

The Losi rewards aggressive, balls to the wall aggressiveness....

To each his own....but I would rather be a racer than a redneck wifebeater..... (ooooh...was that a little off colour?)

We have 1 (ONE) Losi at our track....4 SC104x4s...a couple of Ofnas and a couple of Slashes..... The SC10s are consistently 4 of the top 6...the Losi is either 2nd or 2nd last..... depending on what broke.... one of the Ofnas is consistently a half lap (on 50 second laps) ahead of everyone but the guy could be driving a 2wd strike and still kicking our butts.... the other Ofna is usally right in the middle of the pack...

I much prefer the driving style of the SC104x4....but have only ever driven it, or a Slash 4x4 VXL....on 3S.....which is not really a racer, but a crap ton of fun!

This vid is of a Slayer running a custom .21 engine....and I have to say, the Slash on 3S is just as rediculous....I cleared the back triple and left tire marks on the "Fountain Tire" (Yellow) banner at the top of the trailer....
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Moral is....do you want to just plain have fun "bashing" on a track, or do you want to be a competitive racer....

If you want to be a competitive racer, are you Kyle Petty, smashing your way to the front, or Richard Petty, respecting other's racing lines and trying to find the fastest way around the track?

Bashing = something Traxxas with some rediculous motor+battery or engine
Kyle Petty = Losi
Richard Petty = AE

And....well....the Durango has got to be Lee Petty....competitive....old school ideas...if you're used to driving saddle packs in another class, and want to see if it will hold up in the SC4x4 class, get the Durango.... if you don't know what Saddle Packs are...stay away!
Old 07-25-2011, 08:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BlueGlowBoy
Depends....does he like running things over, or driving with skill?

Kidding....mostly.

The SC104x4 rewards smooth, articulate driving....

The Losi rewards aggressive, balls to the wall aggressiveness....

To each his own....but I would rather be a racer than a redneck wifebeater..... (ooooh...was that a little off colour?)

We have 1 (ONE) Losi at our track....4 SC104x4s...a couple of Ofnas and a couple of Slashes..... The SC10s are consistently 4 of the top 6...the Losi is either 2nd or 2nd last..... depending on what broke.... one of the Ofnas is consistently a half lap (on 50 second laps) ahead of everyone but the guy could be driving a 2wd strike and still kicking our butts.... the other Ofna is usally right in the middle of the pack...

I much prefer the driving style of the SC104x4....but have only ever driven it, or a Slash 4x4 VXL....on 3S.....which is not really a racer, but a crap ton of fun!

This vid is of a Slayer running a custom .21 engine....and I have to say, the Slash on 3S is just as rediculous....I cleared the back triple and left tire marks on the "Fountain Tire" (Yellow) banner at the top of the trailer....
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Moral is....do you want to just plain have fun "bashing" on a track, or do you want to be a competitive racer....

If you want to be a competitive racer, are you Kyle Petty, smashing your way to the front, or Richard Petty, respecting other's racing lines and trying to find the fastest way around the track?

Bashing = something Traxxas with some rediculous motor+battery or engine
Kyle Petty = Losi
Richard Petty = AE

And....well....the Durango has got to be Lee Petty....competitive....old school ideas...if you're used to driving saddle packs in another class, and want to see if it will hold up in the SC4x4 class, get the Durango.... if you don't know what Saddle Packs are...stay away!
well put......i just got back from running a bunch of packs at the track with the SCTE, and well....i was def faster around the track with it, Then again.....I might be that Squeeze the throttle, balls out type...lol Ran 6-7 packs through the Losi...and nothing broke. More consistent around the track than with my SC10 4x4. Both are excellent trucks and fast at the track....but definitely very different in how they deliver it and get the job done
Old 07-25-2011, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

The Losi is great on a outdoor bumpy, loamy, rough surface, the weight keeps it planted. It jumps well, its just heavy so the acceleration is not there, but they are coming out with aftermarket chassis and shock towers to lighten it up.

The AE has awesome acceleration but in the rough bumpy loamy stuff it gets tossed around a little, with the right tire and the right driving style it stays up front

but around here at the tracks we run the Losi is king.

Now if I was running the smooth, hardpacked stuff, higher grip tracks, hands down the AE is what I'd run.

i personally want to own both.

I may even convert my new buggy to a sct to see how she does since its so simliar to the losi layout.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default I agree with you...

Originally Posted by racer1812
Not saying I disagree, but look at where we are all at...a forum, for the most part we really don't know where we all race. So one guys local fast guy might have the name Ryan the next guys "fast guy" might me some basher schmuck but he's still the fast guy in the area. This is exactly why when people post about their results with this truck or any car/truck I simply don't give their post any credit.....

If you can walk and chew gum at the same time you can make this truck fast... if not then don't buy this truck and disgrace the AE brand..
I agree to you statement above. The performance of this truck is relative to where you race and who your competition is.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Well I drove the Losi personally that took first place and it was ridiculously easy to drive, my truck felt like I was fighting it more.

He only had a 5.5 motor in it, it was smooth controlled power. I will continue to refine my setup to see if I can make it work.

drive time is definitely the key.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
Well I drove the Losi personally that took first place and it was ridiculously easy to drive, my truck felt like I was fighting it more.

He only had a 5.5 motor in it, it was smooth controlled power. I will continue to refine my setup to see if I can make it work.

drive time is definitely the key.
yup....that's what i felt, that i didn't have to fight the Losi as much around the track as the AE. Maybe i just haven't gotten the right setup yet on the AE...but i have tuned it a decent amount. Running 30k front, 5k rear on the diffs...35/25 on the shocks, Medium Front and Soft Rear on the sways. The AE definitely has a much quicker acceleration, but def more squirrely and twitchy around the track.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by evilllempire
yup....that's what i felt, that i didn't have to fight the Losi as much around the track as the AE. Maybe i just haven't gotten the right setup yet on the AE...but i have tuned it a decent amount. Running 30k front, 5k rear on the diffs...35/25 on the shocks, Medium Front and Soft Rear on the sways. The AE definitely has a much quicker acceleration, but def more squirrely and twitchy around the track.
agreed, have you played around with the clicker? also i think if you drive it less aggressively and smoother it rewards you. I'm working on shock positions and running 2.0 piano bar wire all around with 35/30 oil in the shocks.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlueGlowBoy
This vid is of a Slayer running a custom .21 engine
That's a Hyper SC, it even SAYS SO in the video.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.