Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 01:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Also the track I run at has a loony sand and I run m2 compound gladiators all the way around...so it's a high traction track. My 2wd sc10 damn near leaves on the bumper cause it hooks so hard on gladiators. So I would imagine that would give me slipper issues but it hasn't yet...(knocks on wood)...
Old 07-12-2011, 04:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Farmer_John
Looks like the beginnings of a buggy body...again, just visualize the SC10 4x4 without the bumpers and nerfs, with a rear wing...insta lightweight buggy...
I have been saying in many threads that the SC10 4x4 chassis could be a platform for future models. Imagine shortening the center chassis a little and changing the arms, CVAs, Links and you have a 10th scale 4x4 buggy. Replace the front chassis section with a 2WD design and you have a mid motor base design for truck, buggy, and SCT.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm finally starting to get around the track halfway decent with this thing. I still have some trouble with sweepers but hopefully sway bars will help with that. I have the shocks laid down all the way with about 3mm spacers under the inner ball studs. I'm also running Tekno hexes which I strongly recommend to anyone. I'm in the process of installing the clutch basket and the sway bars should finally be in today.

Out of the box the Losi will blow the doors off the SC10, mainly due to it being so much more stable. With the necessary upgrades though I think the SC10 can hang. IMO the clutch setup, lack of sway bars, and plastic hexes were significant blunders on AE's part. I really like the concept of the clicker, but honestly don't see much use in it. The truck already has plenty of steering.

This is our 4x4 race last Saturday. I'm the black truck with the orange stripe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfBArCF-kiA
Old 07-12-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbowop
Buggy front and rears. They bolt right up. Just use Losi bushings at the top with a 5mm spacer behind them.

what pistons are you running? i just actually did this last nite and about to do some more testing at our local track. i matched the length of my stock shocks f/r with the losi 8's. was pretty easy to do and used the limiters i had from the stock shocks to make the length. the truck has full compression and does not hit the camber link which surprised me.

thanks, d
Old 07-12-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Numburn
I'm finally starting to get around the track halfway decent with this thing. I still have some trouble with sweepers but hopefully sway bars will help with that. I have the shocks laid down all the way with about 3mm spacers under the inner ball studs. I'm also running Tekno hexes which I strongly recommend to anyone. I'm in the process of installing the clutch basket and the sway bars should finally be in today.

Out of the box the Losi will blow the doors off the SC10, mainly due to it being so much more stable. With the necessary upgrades though I think the SC10 can hang. IMO the clutch setup, lack of sway bars, and plastic hexes were significant blunders on AE's part. I really like the concept of the clicker, but honestly don't see much use in it. The truck already has plenty of steering.

This is our 4x4 race last Saturday. I'm the black truck with the orange stripe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfBArCF-kiA
Thanks for your help at the alabama manufacturers shootout I hand my hands full bringing a new sc10 4x4 to the races with nothing set up yet thanks steve!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bondobird
Ive noticed someone ask why you are not supposed to run the high torque slipper pads on both inside and out and I never saw an answer.
Main reason I can think of is that the HT pad on the belt side would add a little extra strain to the belt....plus the main time that you will be putting extra strain on the slipper, the weight is going to be shifting to the back of the truck, which would lift the front wheels up, and therefore there should be less resistance coming from the front anyway and the stock slipper pad should be reasonably Ok to deal with that....

That being said, I've been running HT pads on both sides since they came into stock and my belt is still doing just fine. I have a spare belt on order, just in case.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any of you guys running a motor fan or even a heat sink?

I think I want to cool this 1410 down a bit for a 2+ hour endurance race.

I may just try and modify the castle fan shroud, and figure out a way to prevent half of the air from just missing the motor entirely because it will hang off the end.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Are the TiN Heavy-duty Ballstuds titanium or just coated?
Old 07-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1Fastpede
Are the TiN Heavy-duty Ballstuds titanium or just coated?
I "believe" they're just coated
Old 07-12-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CentralCoaster

I may just try and modify the castle fan shroud, and figure out a way to prevent half of the air from just missing the motor entirely because it will hang off the end.
I am using a Yeah Racing aluminum heatsink, fan combo and it fits great. It took my temps down 30º on the average day and is usable on a hot (100º) day.

Would like to find more of a heatsink though.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

what temps were you getting kev? my 550 runs hot and im thinking of putting a spare cc fan i have laying around to bring temps down. you going to the track this wed?
Old 07-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Addict

I'm running a Integy dual fan/heatsink combo that has kept my temps under 120. It took a little creativity to get it to fit, but it works.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Tech Addict

I'm currently running a 1410 with the same setup.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

So a while ago I mentioned something about dual stage pistns, well they will be availible soon, I have been helping test them out and the freakin rock. On a rough track they help out a ton in the rebound rate, equaling greater tracktion. Check em out at rcshox.com
Old 07-12-2011, 11:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Losi shocks for sc10 4x4

So do the losi 8 shocks fit the sc10 4x4.I just want to know where I can order them and what wt oil do I use for front and rear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.