Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 10:09 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

So anyone found a place where the rear swaybars are in stock?
Old 07-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Installed my FT sway bar sets last night (thanks Kevin). While I had it that far apart, I figured I'd go through the rest of it and refill difs, check bearings, do some cleaning...curious to see if the real bars will change my set up much, if any over my cobbed up set.

Discovered you can put just about 6mm of spacers under the inside ball studs.

I had initially installed the thrust bearing dry and after almost 2 months of running could see no perceptible wear, but dotted it with black grease anyway.

I need to increase the frequency of dif maintenance.

My arms show no indication of warping.

My slipper pads may have been glazing quickly due to the mis-reading of my calipers...

...and...

This is still a difficult truck to work on. I need a Makita. One should be included in the FT kits, once released...
Old 07-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just put some on back order at Amain... I'll post once I get the notification that they have shipped...

I missed the last batch by about an hour!
Old 07-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cain
So anyone found a place where the rear swaybars are in stock?

I got mine last Friday at Dynamic Hobbies in Hemet, CA.

http://dynamichobbies.net/products.php?action=bios

You might call them and see if they have any more. I think they do mail order.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
I'd be happy with some individual spring releases if the kits are anything like what the B4 and T4 had, most of the springs were not usable for normal offroad conditions.
Agreed. I think one step on either side of stock would be sufficient.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

if you guys watch ryan cavalieri's setup on youtube he has on yellow springs which are 1 step stiffer than the blue ones that the kit has. i think those are key to making a better setup. i saw the spring rates on ae's website and thats what im waiting for to come out

d
Old 07-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by derbrylac
if you guys watch ryan cavalieri's setup on youtube he has on yellow springs which are 1 step stiffer than the blue ones that the kit has. i think those are key to making a better setup. i saw the spring rates on ae's website and thats what im waiting for to come out

d
Thanks for the tip...I'm going to try some old odonnel z01b springs, before they went to the big bore shocks. I know they will fit diameter wise, I may need to cut them down a ring or 2 to make them SC10 4x4 length...at least it will be a different spring to try & fun at the same time
Old 07-08-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Regular

d
I've been anxiously waiting for springs also. I think sway bars and 1 step heavier front and 1 step lighter spring in the rear would make this truck unbeatable.
To my question.... Is there anyone that has some other R/C vehicle that uses big bore shocks (1/8 scale, Losi 22, Durango, etc.) that can tell us if there is another manufacturers springs that will work?
Old 07-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

i was contemplating on putting on some losi8 buggy shocks on it and try various piston, spring and weight oils but its almost sacriligious to do that to an ae vehicle. i hope they do come out soon to help us all out with this truck. i have been running my shocks on the very outer hole on the tower to compensate as a heavier spring and seems to be working and handling a bit better but the front tends to bounce a bit more. the only thing ive noticed is that i can take turns and sweeper alot more aggressive without the whole front being numb or unstable.

d
Old 07-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

also, does anyone know what oring i can use to rebuild my diffs? i wanted to know if it was the same size as the 2wd gear diff orings

d
Old 07-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Amain has both front and rear sways instock...
Old 07-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BLbound
I'm going to try some old odonnel z01b springs, before they went to the big bore shocks. I know they will fit diameter wise, I may need to cut them down a ring or 2 to make them SC10 4x4 length...at least it will be a different spring to try & fun at the same time
I had some laying around that I tried and they fit great. The O'donnell springs are tapered down at both ends though so trimming them down won't really be possible, and even the softest spring felt quite a bit stiffer than the kit springs to me. So they fit, but I don't think they'd work very well.

Since those springs fit, the non big bore SC8 springs will fit as well, but they are a bit long.

i was contemplating on putting on some losi8 buggy shocks on it and try various piston, spring and weight oils but its almost sacriligious to do that to an ae vehicle.
I've had Losi 8ight big bores with soft red springs on my rig since I first built it. I love them for my local track since it is a soft dirt 1/8 scale track that gets super torn up, rutted and bumpy whenever the big truggies/buggies run their heats and mains.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MasiisaM
Amain has both front and rear sways instock...
Thanks!

Just ordered both along with some other set up and spares. I have not even built the truck yet
Old 07-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by turbowop
I had some laying around that I tried and they fit great. The O'donnell springs are tapered down at both ends though so trimming them down won't really be possible, and even the softest spring felt quite a bit stiffer than the kit springs to me. So they fit, but I don't think they'd work very well.

Since those springs fit, the non big bore SC8 springs will fit as well, but they are a bit long.

I've had Losi 8ight big bores with soft red springs on my rig since I first built it. I love them for my local track since it is a soft dirt 1/8 scale track that gets super torn up, rutted and bumpy whenever the big truggies/buggies run their heats and mains.

are you running buggy front all around? or both front and rear buggy shocks? thanks for the tip, i might just make some work for this truck till the spring rates come out.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

d

While the springs do have a yellow mark on them, they are the same rate as the production blue springs. His were pre-production, and everything went into production the colors changed. No need for yellow springs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.