SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Old 10-17-2013, 09:09 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by rcwarlock22
Would you guys suggest running the center saddle pack setup over the side stick pack setup? Thnx
Shorty battery lighter weight & center chassis position is why it gets used .

Lots also use the saddle pack for the extra weight & run time ..
Old 10-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Somebody's got to give those who visit the thread the best set-up help they can find for the Sc10 4x4 ..

I try to save what left in their wallets and go faster with out blowing cash on parts that won't help .
That's the thing I have never seen anyone say I'm broke and can't afford a part on my truck, this hobbie is by no means cheap but spending some money on a part that has been proven to HELP people drive this truck better should have its place in here and not to be shut down by you,since you don't like it which is fine it's been noted too many times.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:29 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by dirtbikekid33
That's the thing I have never seen anyone say I'm broke and can't afford a part on my truck, this hobbie is by no means cheap but spending some money on a part that has been proven to HELP people drive this truck better should have its place in here and not to be shut down by you,since you don't like it which is fine it's been noted too many times.
Go ahead and plug your favorite parts .

I will do my best to inform and show how to do just as well and save money ..

ABN Hoosier

Love the site , very civil , no put downs anywhere .

Will register later when I get home ...

You get my full support , a promise ...

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 10-17-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

haha I aint buying anything as long as i'm still reasonably competitive without it. The best is to see people spending more than twice as much and they're still not faster than me. Hell i raced with slicks where everyone else had minipins and got 3rd place because everyone who was "faster" than me crashed. (okay it was only a club-level-race with roughly 12 entrys)
Old 10-17-2013, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cody227
haha I aint buying anything as long as i'm still reasonably competitive without it. The best is to see people spending more than twice as much and they're still not faster than me. Hell i raced with slicks where everyone else had minipins and got 3rd place because everyone who was "faster" than me crashed. (okay it was only a club-level-race with roughly 12 entrys)
Ok well for everyone who isn't super pro like you and WC should be able to buy this OPTION part and talk about it.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:19 AM
Tech Legend

Ok well for everyone who isn't super pro like you and WC should be able to buy this OPTION part and talk about it.
You gotta try to stay on topic first ...
Why ruin the thread with more about how you don't like my views or advise...
Old 10-17-2013, 11:42 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah I'm sorry I'm off topic I'll just do what you do and come to the sc10 4x4 forum and say the prolite is the fastest short course ever made, by the way how's that working out for you wc, anyway done talking to this guy sorry guys.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AzFittin
I would consider this one of the "must haves" for the truck. If you are running an Exotek chassis you may be good without but I cannot say for certain as I have not tried.

You can make one as gtfour mentioned (really very easy to make) or you can buy the parts from the FT kit and convert it.

It really is worth having.
I ran the exotek chassis when I had the vehicle. didn't find a need for the chassis brace.

Originally Posted by rcwarlock22
Would you guys suggest running the center saddle pack setup over the side stick pack setup? Thnx
Center saddle setup in my opinion, vehicle felt better balanced. Or, the shorty front setup sounds good. But, you may find you like something different, as doing either layout seems pretty straight forward, maybe do what AZ did and post your lap time results. I'd be curious to see how much of a benefit you actually see.

Somebody's got to give those who visit the thread the best set-up help they can find for the Sc10 4x4 ..
I agree, unfortunately, usually the guy who toots (or, in this case would "tokes" be more appopriate?) there own horn isn't that guy ...

I try to save what left in their wallets and go faster with out blowing cash on parts that won't help .
When you promote on the sc10 4x4 thread buying the Thunder Tiger / AE Prolite vehicle to the point that the mods deleted your posts, that doesn't exactly save you cash on parts for the sc10 4x4 ...

Good thing though the Center Diff has people who actually own the product and take the time for comparisons to the other options out there are posting, include result times too. Most helpful for someone looking to get an idea of how well a product is working. It gives those considering the product an idea of what to expect, the pro's like the performance gains seen over other options as well as the cons like more maintenance as it relates to the RC Shox Center Diff.

Being honest goes a long way to make the experience with the sc10 4x4 better, and improves the entire knowledge base as well for the vehicle.

Originally Posted by racer1812
Laughter is best shared!

That Reedy 5800 square pack looks pretty cool. Wonder if this will get ROAR approved?

Old 10-17-2013, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm curious about that square pack also!

I'm sure the center diff is a great product and I could buy one any day of the week. One thing concerns me about your data is that my lap times naturally get faster as the day goes on and then I reach a point where I start to zone and drive worse. So I think you need a blind test where some else set's up your truck and you put on a blind fold and then see witch slipper diff combo works best without even seing your truck go and you could have a panel judge the event. Lol just playin. If you really want to push the center diff then you could fly over to trcr and enter a race where your the only one running a center diff. You should win easily. Heck I'll even come up and enter that race with my 3 pad vts.

On a side note I've seen the pro lite driven by one of the fastest guys in Washington Pacific NW and it was absolutley insane but if someone is trying to get sponcered by AE they won't allow you to drive it reguardless of how fast it is because the sc10 4x4 is AE's race truck. Does that make sense?
Old 10-17-2013, 12:49 PM
Tech Legend

JStall come up this Saturday please !!!

The course is amazing fun , traction galore ...

Lots of good folks too , nothing like this thread ...

Will be glad you came , a promise ...
Old 10-17-2013, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

JStall come up this Saturday please !!!

The course is amazing fun , traction galore ...

Will be glad you came , a promise ...
I can't, I'll be out of town for the day...one of these days I'll come up. What time is the racing on saturdays for future reference.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jstall7543

I'm sure the center diff is a great product and I could buy one any day of the week. One thing concerns me about your data is that my lap times naturally get faster as the day goes on and then I reach a point where I start to zone and drive worse. So I think you need a blind test where some else set's up your truck and you put on a blind fold and then see witch slipper diff combo works best without even seing your truck go and you could have a panel judge the event. Lol just playin. If you really want to push the center diff then you could fly over to trcr and enter a race where your the only one running a center diff. You should win easily. Heck I'll even come up and enter that race with my 3 pad vts.

On a side note I've seen the pro lite driven by one of the fastest guys in Washington Pacific NW and it was absolutley insane but if someone is trying to get sponcered by AE they won't allow you to drive it reguardless of how fast it is because the sc10 4x4 is AE's race truck. Does that make sense?
Hey there Jstall,

Guessing this is in reference to my post since you mention data and lap times. I know you are playin a bit with your post but I do want to make sure you get the underlying point that published testing of different options would be a great thing to have. I would love it if someone with access to a consistent, controlled track would do a similar test. I think that could be of real use to anyone coming on here with questions.

As for pushing the c-diff I try my best to let people know the environment I run in and why something works for me. I also try to let them know that it is my opinion. I could take the opposite tact of saying the quad VTS setup is a POS and base that appraisal on the fact that I prefer the c-diff but that would be counter-productive to someone looking for options/information. Being as I have never tested the quad VTS I can't say that is is good or bad and would never call it a POS even if it was garbage for me. Thankfully we all have different tracks, setups and styles that suit us, so what works for me may not for another and that leaves room for all sorts of optional setups. I know you are not the one calling things a POS but I get the feeling you think I am a c-diff fanboy. If I was, I would probably be calling things a POS. Rather I am someone who has used it along with some other options and found it to be better for me, on my track with my driving style.

Ohh to come up there and race, that would be sweet but not in the cards unfortunately. No need to race alone and report BS up, not my style ... besides I know I would not land in first place on one visit When I do make it to other tracks I take all of my options and ask the locals what is working. I know there is no replacement for experience and local knowledge.

Gotta admit, the ProLite is kind of interesting. Just don't understand its place is AE's lineup.

Go ahead and plug your favorite parts .

I will do my best to inform and show how to do just as well and save money ..

ABN Hoosier

Love the site , very civil , no put downs anywhere .

Will register later when I get home ...

You get my full support , a promise ...
So WC, unless I am reading things wrong and "DirtBag" is meant as a compliment you may want to refrain from such posts on the other site. You may be seen as the guy putting people down.

GuessN DirtBag's post had no effect at all ....

I run on High grip and have tried to make work , had to add pins to stop it from slipping and with extra pins it locked up and became useless ......
Old 10-17-2013, 04:05 PM
Tech Legend

Jstall we start racing at 7 pm

You get to practice all the afternoon so plenty of time to prepare ,run packs & get lunch .

I want to go down there the next track change.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:15 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Nothing wrong with what you are stating. I think that would be an interesting test for sure and would love to hear the results. I think anyone with a truly objective opinion can easily see that working towards the best setup for the vehicle helps the product overall. Just imagine during the times before the center chassis brace and clutch basket setups if those people didn't make those parts where early adopters would have been with the joy of glazed pads, belt issues, etc. that were common.

Yeah, but that same driver, what is he running now? and I am assuming he fast with that too right? Would you consider what he is driving better than what he has then since he switched?

I think what we need to keep in mind overall is when you make a vehicle change or part addition as you commented on, does it make you faster. Does your experience improve. That is what matters really in the end. And to be able to understand this, you have to have an open mind. For some, its very obivious they can't do that for whatever reason.

Lol, I love you man!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.