Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 09:40 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

How did the sc10 4x4 do at nationals? That was a loose outdoor 8th scale track. Saw some video of the main, but unsure where AE was in the mix.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
How did the sc10 4x4 do at nationals? That was a loose outdoor 8th scale track. Saw some video of the main, but unsure where AE was in the mix.
I would also like to see more details. I know that Max Flurer was doing fairly well and finished just out of the podium. On the Podium was Losi, Durango, and Tekno so a good mix of manufacturers. Max was flying the big jumps and performing well but as you said the track was loose. He finished 4th. What I heard is that most of the turns were off camber and the stupid kick up jump near the pit entrance was a killer. Many drivers found themselves on their lids way too much.

Kinwald was 2nd in the B-Main and I noticed that he was not jumping the big jump leading to the back straight.

This truck is fast and can be tuned to drive well. I have mine running very well in light form. Driving skill especially on this track played a big part. Dakotah Pfend is one of the best drivers I have ever witnessed so hat's off to him for the win. His second National title in 4x4SCT.

Even though the AE drivers (Flurer and Kinwald) did not podium I would like to see what they were doing this the chassis set-up.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anyone hear run a viper esc I might get that to fit vx8
Old 08-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MD
I have been racing at the parking lot races, not the SC10 4x4, at the Hobbytown in St. Charles, IL. Each year in August they hold a dirt race at Elburn Days in Elburn, IL. They build a good sized dirt track after the tractor and truck pulls. It's Sunday, August 18. It's fun and the track get's really loose with a lot of loose dirt. There is great food and they usual have a good turnout. The registration fees are matched by the store owners and donated to the Lion's Club which organizes and hosts Elburn Days. I haven't run my SC10 4x4 much and need help with setup, 4WD vehicles run better on this surface. But, I would like suggestions. Thanks.
will shoot me a pm with your email and i can try and send one that way my PC Kinda sucks so i Hope i can get it to work if not i will send it back in apm to you the hard way
Old 08-05-2013, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boborc
anyone hear run a viper esc I might get that to fit vx8
I run the Viper VTX8 in my "other" 4x4 corr truck and have the Tekin RX8 in my SC10 4x4. If I had to guess I'd bet the Viper would fit in the SC10. It's slightly shorter and slightly wider than the RX8. I will say, that as much as I like the RX8, I like the VTX8 much more. I love the ease of programming through the Progauge or EZ Link, it's very smooth, and built for abuse. I kept my SC10 4x4 as a ready to go backup truck but if it were my regular race truck it would absolutely have a VTX8 in it .
Old 08-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by King DORK
I run the Viper VTX8 in my "other" 4x4 corr truck and have the Tekin RX8 in my SC10 4x4. If I had to guess I'd bet the Viper would fit in the SC10. It's slightly shorter and slightly wider than the RX8. I will say, that as much as I like the RX8, I like the VTX8 much more. I love the ease of programming through the Progauge or EZ Link, it's very smooth, and built for abuse. I kept my SC10 4x4 as a ready to go backup truck but if it were my regular race truck it would absolutely have a VTX8 in it .
yeah space is tight foot print should fit worried about height with the belt covers, want to keep it on the right side. the active 8 will not fit without major hacking. the rx8 just needs a little fan shroud trimming. The viper shroud is aluminum or plastic? You would say durability is good? Always been a novak man but the havoc has been nothing but problems with a 4 pole can't handle the power draw so I have to go 1/8 size. Viper is new to me how is there quality and customer service if you know. Thanks
Old 08-05-2013, 05:51 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

There service is great and have a 1 year warranty
Old 08-05-2013, 06:20 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imrob
will shoot me a pm with your email and i can try and send one that way my PC Kinda sucks so i Hope i can get it to work if not i will send it back in apm to you the hard way
PM sent.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boborc
yeah space is tight foot print should fit worried about height with the belt covers, want to keep it on the right side.
I run my RX8 on the left side. I didn't want to cut up the fan shroud or the belt tunnel. The fan shroud on the VTX8 is metal and it is too tall to fit under the belt tunnel. It would easily fit with the fan shroud and fan removed, but I personally won't recommend not running the fan. You can ask Nick (Nikos) on Viper's RCTech thread and read what people are saying about their awesome products. I was a Novak guy with my 1/10 escs but put a Viper VTX10R BE in both my T4.1 and SC10 2wd and they are incredible. Their support is among the best and they're very active and involved on this forum.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Any one here tried to Fit the Proline F-150 raptor body on an SC10 4x4? Just measured bought one cut it out when to measure up the posts and wheels are rubbing pretty bad on the front end. its okay when sitting there but with any compression it will hit the lexan and tear my tires to shreds. not to mention it is too short for the bumpers as well.

maybe I'll have to get a Flo-Tek instead as i believe these are fine for clearance even with the + 3mm wheels.

Whats annoying is it says Sc10 on the package, which i believed was the same size body as the 4x4, but apparently not? just checked the Flo-Tek and it says that same thing no mention of Sc10 4x4, just Sc10
Old 08-05-2013, 10:36 PM
Tech Initiate

small list of parts i ordered for my truck
1 Hitec HS-5645Mg Digital High Torque MG Servo
2 Pro-Line Trencher SC 2.2 /3.0 Tires Slash Front/Rear(2)
2 DE Racing Trinidad SC Wheels for Team Associated SC10 4X4(2)
1 AKA Racing 38001 Premium Tire Glue
1 JConcepts package of four tire rubber bands
1 Associated Belt Covers 4x4
2 ST Racing Aluminium Belt Tensioner Pulley Hard Anodized SC10 4X4
2 Associated Silicone Diff Fluid 60000cst
1 Associated Front Bumper Set 4x4
1 Associated Drive Belt 4x4
2 Associated Gear Diff Rebuild 4x4
1 Associated Silicone Diff Fluid 30000cs
1 Associated Silicone Diff Fluid 100000cst
1 Pro-Line Slash Flo-Tek Clear 1/10 Short Course Truck Body
Old 08-06-2013, 08:23 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

A little bit of advice that I learned the hard way racing this weekend. Do not forget the thrust bearing washer!!! Also take your time and don't rush to get ready between heats.

I forgot to install it and managed to ruin a spur gear and shave some aluminum off my exotek front locker and rear ST racing belt tensioner. Thank fully the ESC thermaled before any major damage was done. Didn't even get to finish the 3rd heat.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slugga
Any one here tried to Fit the Proline F-150 raptor body on an SC10 4x4? Just measured bought one cut it out when to measure up the posts and wheels are rubbing pretty bad on the front end. its okay when sitting there but with any compression it will hit the lexan and tear my tires to shreds. not to mention it is too short for the bumpers as well.

maybe I'll have to get a Flo-Tek instead as i believe these are fine for clearance even with the + 3mm wheels.

Whats annoying is it says Sc10 on the package, which i believed was the same size body as the 4x4, but apparently not? just checked the Flo-Tek and it says that same thing no mention of Sc10 4x4, just Sc10
will i can fit my stock sc10 body on to my 4x4 and the 4x4 onto the 2wd with no problems at all. did you put you body mounts in the right spot. or you could just maybe trem some of the wheel well area away maybe.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Slugga

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...ze=2048%2C1536

This is a raptor and +3 j concepts wheels... I did trim the finders a little more than the indicated lines and watched for paint wear and trimmed back accordingly... I like the body alot...
Old 08-06-2013, 11:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BenG477
[IMG]
Not the same one, im talking about this one http://prolineracing.com/bodies/true...vt-clear-body/

I have already cut the wheel arches out some already to give it some more room, but its just a terrible fit.

It's not even long enough to fit both the rear/front bumper with out it bending, I have lifted up the front posts as high as possible.

I have a feeling this was designed with the slash in mind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.