Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Cherry and Cantrell were putting down some serious fast laps last night, very impressed with their driving skills, both their trucks were dialed, congrads to both of you on a great night of racing.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jnyrcr
Cherry and Cantrell were putting down some serious fast laps last night, very impressed with their driving skills, both their trucks were dialed, congrads to both of you on a great night of racing.
thanks buddy. whats your name? its hard to put a face to a screen name. hope your out at the track soon!
Old 03-24-2013, 09:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cantrell8
thanks buddy. whats your name? its hard to put a face to a screen name. hope your out at the track soon!
I'm John, was pitted across from mike, the blue and white truck you lapped twice, was giving you a hard time about your paint job .
Old 03-24-2013, 10:07 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by jnyrcr
I'm John, was pitted across from mike, the blue and white truck you lapped twice, was giving you a hard time about your paint job .
John

Thank you and welcome to the thread ....

I kinda liked the Wonder Women X plane cantrell was sporting...
Old 03-24-2013, 10:46 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Why has the Ae Sc10 4x4 gotten faster & faster ?

Not cus of expensive after market parts ....

All because the Ae TEAM is the best and they help anyone that needs ...
considering the chassis brace as well as the clutch basket style VTS appear to be based on after-market products prior to the release of the AE versions, seems like a bit of a stretch WC you are making there.

Also seems from your recent posts you are in agreement that more toe in can help on loose track conditions, which, as it stands right now, AE doesn't have a toe in block system out yet.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cain
considering the chassis brace as well as the clutch basket style VTS appear to be based on after-market products prior to the release of the AE versions, seems like a bit of a stretch WC you are making there.

Also seems from your recent posts you are in agreement that more toe in can help on loose track conditions, which, as it stands right now, AE doesn't have a toe in block system out yet.

Why would they ae let's us design, test, and perfect every mod that makes this truck better then they copy and profit from it.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:45 AM
Tech Adept

well good luck, today was my first day with the truck. was very happy, its a very different driving style, ive been racing buggy the past few years. never liked sc. then ran cherrys in a qualifyer last weekend i had alot of fun. an now i have my own. running jon's setup. with ion tires. a viper vtx10r and a viper 5.5 540 can the truck felt very smooth, im not running any added weight. also not using any front belt covers. i feel my batterys held my truck up. they felt very weak at 5min. but for the most part am very happy with the truck an it fun to drive!
Sweeeet!
Old 03-24-2013, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GraphiteChassis
Sweeeet!
Aww ya man! Can't wait to run with you buddy! I'm at tacoma now. Going to run the 4x4 today and get some more wheel time on this truck. The tracks a bit loose here in practice but with a good sweep, and some green dot in the rear an it will be planted!
Old 03-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

So after practice I. Found a couple flaws in my truck fixed them an tqed the first round of quals with a 21/6:12 could be a bit faster though. Still have 2 quals an the main to go! Sundays at trcr are awsome!
Old 03-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Don't know where to start...

So I've been driving a stock FT 4x4 for about 3 months now, and was deciding on if to get a different truck or keep this one and get some upgrades. Well I found an Exotek Chassis combo cheap and then found quite a few other parts.. I did put them on piece by piece also to see the results...

Stock vs Exotek Chassis...

Wow, knocked off an average of .5 seconds on my laps and settled the car down a lot. I still want to add a bit more weight to it, but am very happy with the changes. I went from running low 15's on our track to hitting high 14's on average. Still not close to the Losi's that speed around on the smaller track, but doing better. I still think driving skill has a lot to do with it.

Now I added a bit more...

M2C toe block
STRC .5 rear carriers
STRC belt pulleys

I decided to go with the full out 3.5. I'm glad I did. Driving the truck now is like driving on rails. I felt like I was driving my 4x4 10th buggy around with a higher CG. I kid you not, my times went from the high 14's to averaging high 13.5-13.9's regularly and broke 12 many times. It's ridiculous how much of a difference this could all make from a stock setup.

We got a new track locally so I've also been getting in a ridiculous amount of track time in, I'm sure this helps a lot also. I'm jus glad I'm getting up there with the fast guys.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:10 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
Don't know where to start...

So I've been driving a stock FT 4x4 for about 3 months now, and was deciding on if to get a different truck or keep this one and get some upgrades. Well I found an Exotek Chassis combo cheap and then found quite a few other parts.. I did put them on piece by piece also to see the results...

Stock vs Exotek Chassis...

Wow, knocked off an average of .5 seconds on my laps and settled the car down a lot. I still want to add a bit more weight to it, but am very happy with the changes. I went from running low 15's on our track to hitting high 14's on average. Still not close to the Losi's that speed around on the smaller track, but doing better. I still think driving skill has a lot to do with it.

Now I added a bit more...

M2C toe block
STRC .5 rear carriers
STRC belt pulleys

I decided to go with the full out 3.5. I'm glad I did. Driving the truck now is like driving on rails. I felt like I was driving my 4x4 10th buggy around with a higher CG. I kid you not, my times went from the high 14's to averaging high 13.5-13.9's regularly and broke 12 many times. It's ridiculous how much of a difference this could all make from a stock setup.

We got a new track locally so I've also been getting in a ridiculous amount of track time in, I'm sure this helps a lot also. I'm jus glad I'm getting up there with the fast guys.
What! Thats not possible! aftermarket parts actually making a difference ... thats crazy talk!

Congrats on the improvements. Do you think you will try less toe at all (your running 4 right now if I am reading what you posted correctly). The nice thing with the M2C block is the .25 degree changes you can make too.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
What! Thats not possible! aftermarket parts actually making a difference ... thats crazy talk!

Congrats on the improvements. Do you think you will try less toe at all (your running 4 right now if I am reading what you posted correctly). The nice thing with the M2C block is the .25 degree changes you can make too.
I'll eventually start messing more with the toe angle more, but now I want to find a suspension set up that I feel most comfortable with. I also ended up with the front/rear spring kits for the truck, so I have a lot to try. Any suggestions on where to start?

I'm also thinking about picking up that piece to the slipper assembly that helps with breaking and accelerating. I'm spacing on the actual name.. replaces one of the slipper pads on the inside of the spur gear.

What spring/rollbar set up are you using Cain?
Old 03-24-2013, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

So after practice I. Found a couple flaws in my truck fixed them an tqed the first round of quals with a 21/6:12 could be a bit faster though. Still have 2 quals an the main to go! Sundays at trcr are awsome!
heck ya... now that winter series is done at brcr im gonna try and make tuesdays at trcr more often.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I'll eventually start messing more with the toe angle more, but now I want to find a suspension set up that I feel most comfortable with. I also ended up with the front/rear spring kits for the truck, so I have a lot to try. Any suggestions on where to start?

I'm also thinking about picking up that piece to the slipper assembly that helps with breaking and accelerating. I'm spacing on the actual name.. replaces one of the slipper pads on the inside of the spur gear.

your thinking of the exotek front locker.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

http://tweakstation.wordpress.com/20...p-and-results/

here is some info. and my setup at the 2ed qual. for the 3rd qual i went to the outside hole on the rear arm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.