Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 03:40 PM
Tech Legend

Tom

Not sure bout the rest here personally can tell you no need for expensive after market parts.

Practice & tires more important.

My ride has nothing extra other then the 8mm camber mod and some extra blue screws & lock nuts for eye candy.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jstall7543
I looked to me like Dakota only won because lutz lost a wheel. Lutz was way out front until that happened.
It's more then that, he can drive. I love when they come back home and race @ Dirt Burner's or AMS we have a blast.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:41 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Tom,

My suggestion as the best upgrade if you are running on a loose track is the M2C rear toe in block. It amazed me how much better the truck was with that upgrade. much easier to drive hard.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Tom

Not sure bout the rest here personally can tell you no need for expensive after market parts.

Practice & tires more important.

My ride has nothing extra other then the 8mm camber mod and some extra blue screws & lock nuts for eye candy.
People here are running the SC10 4wd without any mods.
The kit setup works really well from my knowledge. I know I wont be doing anything to mine.

I have the following setup on my truck:
5K and 20K oil in the diffs like the manual says.
35 wt AE oil in the front, 30wt AE oil in the back.
4500kv 550 copperhead brushless system (getting it next week)
6800mah 70c Trakpower Lipos (getting these last)
12 tooth/32 pitch 5mm pinion gear, kit included 32 pitch spur gear
(already bought the pinion gear last week it's sitting on top of the truck in the package)

I know im gonna have a good truck to race with. If I have any problems I'll post them here.

I've went all Associated because I felt it was the right thing to do.
I got tired of arguing with people at the track which brand is better than
the other so im sticking with ONE BRAND.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Guys, selling a parts lot of NIB stuff for the SC10 4x4 here: http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...nout-sale.html

I'm getting out of SCT altogether and got rid of my ride. Great Deal on parts to be had!
Old 03-18-2013, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Tom,

My suggestion as the best upgrade if you are running on a loose track is the M2C rear toe in block. It amazed me how much better the truck was with that upgrade. much easier to drive hard.
Do you prefer the half or quarter degree inserts for loose tracks?
Old 03-18-2013, 09:16 PM
Tech Legend

Can add toe for extra traction for out doors, the expense will be a rougher ride on the bumps, less corner speed ...

Instead ?

Just add extra ballast ( 4oz) , this will bring the traction & extra stability for bonus with out losing a plush ride ...

Costs almost nothing to do
performs great...

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 03-18-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'll be testing the Orion R10 pro 2-3s with the new 4pole firmware this weekend. So much smaller and lighter than the RX8. Pulled it out of my FT SC10 for testing in the sc10 4x. I hope it works as good. Ill check it out friday afternoon.

I agree no mods are really required since I drove my original kit for over a year before buying the FT kit. I did go overboard and bought every light weight mod I could and everything exotek except the chassis, also threw in garo disc's. Acer ceramic bearing kit is next since almost all my track vehicles get those.
I'm a nut though when it comes to getting the best of everything. It all adds up and in my mind it makes a difference for me. I loved my first truck all stock probably because I got the Hyper 10sc when it first came out the sc10 was hands down better out of the box especially in the steering department.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm running 3.5deg rear toe and 4mm mod on indoor and it's dialed. Everything about it has yielded positive results for me, I'm probably not as good of a driver as cherry but so far I'm loving it. I went to the track with this setup 3 days in a row and there were a lot of trucks and buggys running and I was definatley one of the fastest drivers. Several people were asking me what truck is that, what motor is that lol. Good times!
Old 03-19-2013, 04:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rippen
It's more then that, he can drive. I love when they come back home and race @ Dirt Burner's or AMS we have a blast.
I agree Rippen. Dakotah is one of the best drivers in Michigan. Watching him drive his 4wd buggy is a lesson on how it's done. I am looking forward to this summer racing with him. I am planning to race 8th scale Nitro, Electric and Short Course 4wd OR 2wd in the State series were Dakotah was State Champ in Nitro last session. I will also be at Dirtburners as much as I can.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:04 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teammoose
Do you prefer the half or quarter degree inserts for loose tracks?
Here is the review I posted on it:

http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/t...e-setting.html

excerpt that I think sums it up well:

The 2nd heat went VERY well. The rear end was PLANTED. And I don't mean like annoyingly planted where you were fighting it to get it to turn. It just hooked up. No weird kicking out of the rear end down any straight. In the end I was 3rd behind the leaders overall. Definitely faster as I could push the car with more confidence.
I would say give either setting a test and report back. the change is so quick to make its worth trying both. On carpet I found I really liked the 2.75 degree toe in setting.

Just add extra ballast ( 4oz) , this will bring the traction & extra stability for bonus with out losing a plush ride ...

Costs almost nothing to do
performs great...
Unfortunately WC from my personal experience driving on extremely loose conditions it doesn't work as well as you make it out to be, using the exotek chassis which adds about 5 - 6oz of weight at the lowest point on the vehicle which is probably better than just adding weight at a higher point on the chassis.

As a side note, the ride was still plush, planted yet still could be driven hard like the losi's.

Honestly one thing that could be a cool upgrade to the vehicle is if they made the chassis with the option to have inserts on the bottom of the chassis to add weight. You could then bolt on weight a the lowest point of the vehicle as needed. Maybe even do inserts on the front and rear chassis plates too.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:10 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Jstall7543
I'm running 3.5deg rear toe and 4mm mod on indoor and it's dialed. Everything about it has yielded positive results for me, I'm probably not as good of a driver as cherry but so far I'm loving it. I went to the track with this setup 3 days in a row and there were a lot of trucks and buggys running and I was definatley one of the fastest drivers. Several people were asking me what truck is that, what motor is that lol. Good times!

Can be at 4S this Sat , like to race and then go to TRCR and race again ...

O-Man !
Old 03-19-2013, 09:32 AM
Tech Rookie

I have a question about running different tread patterns on my 4x4.

I've got some green compound Gladiators, which are a bit more knobby than your standard racing tire. And a set of yellow compound Blockades, which are not as knobby and are more like a tire you see on the track.

I want to try these out, and see if I couldn't get a combination with this set that will hook up. Would you put the bigger knobs on the front or back?? Anyone have any good experiences with different tread patterns??

Running on hard packed clay, loose in some areas, medium traction.

prolineracing.com/tires/gladiator-sc-2.2/3.0-m3-soft-tires/

prolineracing.com/tires/blockade-sc-2.2/3.0-m3-soft-tires/
Old 03-19-2013, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Can be at 4S this Sat , like to race and then go to TRCR and race again ...

O-Man !
Wow geo you are living the dream! I wish...
Ill be at the track racing tonight! Maiden voyage with the new sc104x4 ! If it feels good then I'm racing it! Bringing the buggy tho as always.
See you there
Old 03-19-2013, 09:59 AM
Tech Legend

easy rider

Blocks on the rear

Gladiators on the front

suggest looking into what the others racers are using ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.