Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was making every truck I came across look silly today in practice so I'm not buying anything else for a while. The current crop of young guns are amazing drivers for sure. I would assume associated has something in the works that will dominate again, they seem to like waiting for everyone to come out with their new trucks and then they release something better, AE always wait's....
Old 03-17-2013, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomErickson
I think I will set up my SC10 4x4 for my kids as a basher/Novice racer. Are the 13mm shocks functional on the 2wd SC10?
Yes they are functional but you're going to have to run a lot Lighter weight oil I have them on my G4 right now
Old 03-17-2013, 09:38 PM
Tech Legend

Cactus was kinda a let down with the Sc4w turn out .
Only 2 heats ...

We had way more at our own Show Down tour .

Bk qualified 6th in the A finish 9th Not so bad and better then most can do ...

Anyone basing a opinion on
one race results must very short sighted IMO...

The truck is far from being out classed .
Quite the opposite is the fact and opinions can't change it ....

Heck !

I even won our local Sc4x4 race this Saturday with the Sc10 4x4 !

Against more then a few Losi & Techno's ...

Does that mean those other rides must be toast ?

I trust you guys would know that would be pure bull ...
Old 03-17-2013, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Only 2 heats ...

Heck !

Good job cherry! I agree about the sc10 4x4 being a very capable ride regurdless of venue. A lot of times the locals will dominate race's just because they are so comfortable there. You know what I mean.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Poor lutz loosing that wheel had to hurt, he was way out front. Good racing though. I couldn't imagine driving on a track that big compared to what I'm used to. That's nuts!
Old 03-17-2013, 10:06 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Jstall7543
Good job cherry! I agree about the sc10 4x4 being a very capable ride regurdless of venue. A lot of times the locals will dominate race's just because they are so comfortable there. You know what I mean.

I'm comfortable any where if my ride is performing good.
locals will have the advatage most of the time , have to practice a few days before and make up for what the local has ..
Old 03-17-2013, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

I think I'm going to start racing on saturdays at four seasons pretty soon. I can't during the week because I work night's. Just for fun, nothing serious.

My new rx8 browned out a few times over the weekend when I crashed the triple. So I put in another reciever and a castle bec. Always had steering, esc chimes and reboots. Im running a savox 1258mg or tg, cant remenber and I can't see it in the truck. So that sucks. What esc's do you run cherry?
Old 03-17-2013, 10:18 PM
Tech Legend

I think I'm going to start racing on saturdays at four seasons pretty soon. I can't during the week because I work night's. Just for fun, nothing serious.

My new rx8 browned out a few times over the weekend when I crashed the triple. So I put in another reciever and a castle bec. Always had steering, esc chimes and reboots. Im running a savox 1258mg or tg, cant remenber and I can't see it in the truck. So that sucks. What esc's do you run cherry?

Will be there on a Saturday, let me know ....
I use the Lrp FLOW , awesome & reliable ...
I don't use the fan ...

I had to install a new servo for the guy next to me just before closing the track , got her done in 35min ....

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 05-15-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:46 PM
Tech Adept

Default really

Only 2 heats ...

Heck !

Hummm 9 place out of 10 don't seem like the truck is up to par to me and one word comes to mind OUTDOOR more proof that this truck just plain sucks for outdoor tracks. I also see that ryan still isn't driving this truck which is arguably the most popular class in rc right now, nice factory support for your 4x4 AE. He sold tons of them a few years ago (suckerd me into buying one) buy winning all those races but why stop racing now im sure he can still win with one seems AE just doesn't care about this platform anymore.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I can appreciate your input, tell you what, I'll try some front blues on the rear just to check it out. I'd go softer but I don't have any on hand.
If you like the way the truck feels with blue fronts on the front, I would suggest green or white in the rear to go with them.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I agree that there are some other good brands out there for outdoor. However, while this is obvious, but I still think the most significant factor in performance and race finishes is driver skill. I actually can't wait to run outdoors with my sc10 4x4. I always like referring people to the big outdoor race below that non-big name pro drivers won with an sc10 4x4 (northwest short course nationals).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzz0YHWs8dc

Granted, this track's traction looks decent for a big, outdoor dirt track, I think it still points to the fact that if you're at least a decent driver, you can still do well with this truck outdoors.

I personally think one of the reasons the big name pro's don't drive this car at every, big outdoor race is because they can't use too many aftermarket mods that make the truck better outdoors (i.e. exotek chassis, rcshox center diff, mtc toe block or strc 0.5 degree hubs).

Not to make another plug on the truck indoors, as we know it shines indoors. I finished fourth at my trophy race on a medium traction, small indoor track, and I'm an average driver. 2 out of the top 4 were sc10 4x4.

Last edited by Eaglesrx; 03-18-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:30 AM
Tech Legend

If someone has to go by
race results ?
Sc10 beat um all in the Nats, right ? Ae is the National Champion & all ...
Mass entries there , all the Team drivers were attending, ect ...

Still even going by the Nats would not make the other rides sheft queens IMO..

Its kinda dumb to base 1 race as
the tell all or know all with what ride is best .
Old 03-18-2013, 10:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If someone has to go by
race results ?
Sc10 beat um all in the Nats, right ? Ae is the National Champion & all ...
Mass entries there , all the Team drivers were attending, ect ...

Still even going by the Nats would not make the other rides sheft queens IMO..

Its kinda dumb to base 1 race as
the tell all or know all with what ride is best .
I agree cherry. One race means nothing. I just like to show that race because it's fun.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Tech Addict

So you guys ARE recommending that I keep and race my SC10 4x4. All I need to do is get the hop-ups and go for it. Driver skills matter more. OK. My truck started out as the initial kit and I have a number of upgrades so far such as sway bars, aluminum hexs, RPM arms, 8mm mod and the FT upgrade kit. I am using two shorty packs with the stock chassis and the car is fairly balanced. I probably need to change springs, oil, and pistons to dial it in better. I could also use either the center diff OR add some more stators to the VTS slipper. Last time I ran the truck it was pretty good on 8th scale tracks with my Novak 4.5t 550 motor and Havoc Pro SC with a 14t pinion.

I know the Ryan's didn't race it at the Cactus Classic (the track wasn't that big really) but that could be because they were running everything else! Didn't Ryan Maifield win the WCRC event a few months ago? Dakotah is a fantastic driver and I will be racing with him most likely if he races 4x4 SCT in Michigan at all. He often doesn't race this class locally.

It is time, now that the SC10.2 2wd is out, for AE to deliver some improvements for this truck. It would be cheaper for me to upgrade what I have rather than jump to a new kit. I prefer Associated and love this class so please help me improve my truck. What should I consider for mine to be more competitive?
Old 03-18-2013, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

I looked to me like Dakota only won because lutz lost a wheel. Lutz was way out front until that happened.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.