Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

hey guys...i have an sc10b and was wondering if the XP SP SC700-BL Brushless ESC will run in blinky mode?
Old 02-27-2013, 08:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by m2cracing

guys, I have been asked by the Losi guys to make a set of 17mm adaptors
so they can run the 1/8 scales buggy tires as well as the sct tires.

I think both the losi and associated run the same axle size which is 5mm on the Losi.
I am not sure that the associated is the same size and would like some
feed back from you guys on the sc10 axle size and if you are also interested
in have the same options.
these adaptors will be made to quickly change from the stock hubs to the
17mm adaptors so you can have the choices with out having to do major changes to your vehicles.
The adaptors will have a side load for the pins and a set screw to hold the pins in place as well as being able to still thread a special nut into the end
of the shaft to capture the hubs(which I haven't got made as yet.
but it will be a simple process and still use a 7mm wrench to tighten to
retainer nut.
let me know your thoughts on this.
you can pm me here on the site or
send me an email to
[email protected]
mitch
Mitch, the SC10 4x4 uses 6mm axles.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I highly recommend the Jconcepts Hazard +3mm offset wheels for this truck.
I bought some white ones and they were a direct fit. I have them glued to
the kit included carpet tires, because I plan on running the truck on carpet and dirt.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:37 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jstall7543
Well I just spent a bunch of money making my truck as light as possible and the pro4 4000kv seems to pull real nice. 8oz is alot. I'm at 90% aluminum screws and anything titanium I could put on it. Truck feels so nimble and quick. If I get hacked the 8oz would come in handy. My truck feels almost to light in the back now but im still on my initial setup. I pretty much copied kinwalds setup minus the weight so far.

http://www.liverc.com/news/special_f...39;s_SC10_4x4/
Truck feels better for those who run on loose conditions like I do with extra weight like the exotek chassis.

As a comparison on two extremes, it was interesting to read Sharks perspective on the AE Prolite versus the Tekno SCT410 and where you see the benefits. You may find it a good read.

Hey cherry, I'm wondering if you have tested the ball diff yet or seen it in action, I used the exotek front locker and forward traction is significantly improved but the truck doesn't turn as tight. Could just be my setup. Just curious, because people are giving the ball diff positive reviews. Maybe I still need to tweak my rear links some more. Or go to a lighter swaybar in front.
I owned the ball diff by the way, one of the best upgrades for the vehicle in comparison to the clutch basket setups (MTK, VTS). Even on high traction situations, which, for me are carpet which is probably the highest it performed excellent.

Originally Posted by ???E-Racer
I highly recommend the Jconcepts Hazard +3mm offset wheels for this truck.
I bought some white ones and they were a direct fit. I have them glued to
the kit included carpet tires, because I plan on running the truck on carpet and dirt.
+1, they really help the truck out. They stock tires work very well for what they are on carpet. Put a set on the rear of a losi SCB a guy was having trouble getting the rear to lock and it was night and day for him.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ya, I've seen the prolite and tekno in action but I'm a sc10 4x4 lover. I don't race, I only have enough time to play on Friday's and Sunday's. I've considered racing on saturdays at 4s but for now I just keep practicing because the competition is so fierce in my area I figure why bother. Im a pretty fast driver and rarley crash but then Mike Brown fires up his truck and gets by me no matter what because I always crack under the mental pressure.

I'm not sure why people want to come in the SC104X4 thread trying to sway people away from this chassis, it kicks @$$. I have the original kit version and a new FT version, I could buy any chassis right now but I'm a believer in the truck. I've got a scte I dumped around a grand into and I don't even drive it anymore carbon everything, light weight chassis the whole 9 and I still prefer the sc10 4x4 style of driving.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:02 PM
Tech Legend

I'm not sure why people want to come in the SC104X4 thread trying to sway people away from this chassis, it kicks @$$.
I hope you didn't take away from what I said that I was trying to sway you towards one vehicle or another, as that wasn't my intent.

What my intent was to give examples of two thoughts as far as handling goes between lightweight versus heavy weight extremes, which the prolite and tekno comes to mind and the benefits and minuses each shows. This could be applied to the concept of running a really lightweight SC10 4x4 versus a heavier weight one.

Outside of that, nothing else was my intent.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Hey cherry, me and my buddy brought our SC8E'S TO 4S last sunday. I was running 2200kv on 6s and I was able to jump that entire back section double then triple all at once easy, thats over 24ft I think, I over shot it by around 6ft and landed it, it was hilarious. 30ft with a 5ft run. Everybody there was like WTF is that, new hang time record I think lol! The truck is around 5hp on 6s lol and it's pretty dialed for handling. Such a beast.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cain
I hope you didn't take away from what I said that I was trying to sway you towards one vehicle or another, as that wasn't my intent.

What my intent was to give examples of two thoughts as far as handling goes between lightweight versus heavy weight extremes, which the prolite and tekno comes to mind and the benefits and minuses each shows. This could be applied to the concept of running a really lightweight SC10 4x4 versus a heavier weight one.

Outside of that, nothing else was my intent.
Oh ok, it just seems like every time I come on this thread people always mention this or that is better and it might be for them. I spent over two weeks researching what truck to buy a month ago and after all that I bought another FT sc10 4x4, IMO there is just nothing else that drives like this truck. It really is a engineering marvel as far as Rc trucks go lol! Thanks dude
Old 02-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Tech Legend

no problem. I don't drive the truck anymore, but as I said before when I made the switch, it wasn't because I wasn't happy with mine. I wanted something that shared parts with my Tekno EB48, and as I said as well, if it didn't at least perform at the level I had my tuned SC10 4x4 performing at, I would get rid of it.

I think the main complaint you will see is that people want more help from official AE reps on getting the truck tuned for loose condition tracks. That is where the aftermarket has really helped out with the truck to be honest.

And ultimately, some trucks just don't fit the driving styles of people. I like AE vehicles as they in general have A LOT of steering. As an example, when trying someone elses losi 22 that was tuned well enough for the driver using it, to me it felt lazy, my vehicle to him, way too twitchy. Together, we made some nice battles around the track
Old 02-28-2013, 12:58 PM
Tech Legend

Jstall You are a animal,only seen the GoulZilla make with his B44..
Old 02-28-2013, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Jstall You are a animal,only seen the GoulZilla make with his B44..
OMG that is so funny, I litterally fell outa my chair laughing...

George and Cain caused me to get a SC10 4wd. If I would have
never got on this forum I probably wouldnt have never gotten one.
I had my eyes dead set on the Losi for the longest time, im glad I chose this truck instead.
Thier posts have been spot on and really helpful.
The tekno is a nice truck but it's just too expensive for me, Im not paying $399!
The losi is about $299 but that's also a little more than I was willing to spend.
SC10 4wd is about $150 less than the tekno and it's basically the same thing I was looking for. Tough chassis for 4wd short course racing.
Now george where's that video of the 8mm mod...
Old 02-28-2013, 04:08 PM
Tech Legend

Have to travel to Massachusetts to make that video.
BK called in sick for our Show Down Tour

I already posted what the mod does.
My Ae teammates & BK himself is the source for the information.

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 02-28-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

I got the sc10 4x4 to be different. The belt diddent scare be that was just.one less thing to have to oil and rebuild. Simple and sweet. It is a sight on the track.as well. If I was a better driver I.would place much better. Last race I.took 2nd place aganst 2 losi's and a prolite. Only reason the losi got be was we got in a side by side scuffle and he got me sideways with the extra weight. So I bought the exotek chassis installed now, he's got another thing coming next time
Old 02-28-2013, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Have to travel to Connecticut to make that video.
BK called in sick for our Show Down Tour

I already posted what the mod does.
My Ae teammates & BK himself is the source for the information.
What's going on in Connecticut?
Old 02-28-2013, 05:09 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
What's going on in Connecticut?
I fix ,meant rc Excitement,Massachusetts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.