Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 10:24 AM
Tech Legend

Take a leap and ride the wave bro hams !!!!

Or miss the wave and paddle ......

Lite I drove is a on whole new level Cain......
Old 01-13-2013, 10:34 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
So I'm about to bite the bullet on a SC10 4x4 contrary to what almost everybody at my local track says, but can't seem to find what motor combo to use for it. I've read the beginning of the thread about 50 pages in, but can't go through the 2100+ you guys have lol.

What is the current top 3 setups for motor/esc combo? I read a lot about the MMP + 1050, but is there something better now compared to when this thread started?

Also, what made you guys choose this truck over the Losi or Durango? My entire track is pushing the Losi on me... Even the one guy who runs fast with the SC10 4x4 is suggesting I don't go that route. I have a few things in my shopping cart, jus don't know which to actully pull the trigger on.

I've heard mixed reviews on the RX8 system, but if it IS the best I have no issue getting it. As for motors, I'm reading a bunch of stuff about different rotors etc, is there not a motor I can jus buy and throw in?

Thanks guys!
I think if you get an SC10 4x4, go in knowing the quirks of the vehicle. Buy used would be my suggestion to get the most bang for the buck. Depending on your track, you may find benefit to the exotek chassis (especiallly with the heavyweight losi) as well as a center diff.

Me personally, at a minimum I would say my favorite upgrade was the M2C toe in block, closely followed by the center diff and exotek chassis.

A lot of this though will be conditions based.

As for electronics, if you are unsure of the RX8 the Speed Passion GT2.0 Pro will do Pro4 motors as well as 550s. Goes for about $100. The new Speed Passion Reventon Pro can do 2 Pole 550s like the Reedy Sonic.

Personally, a good all around motor I like is the Pro4 4000kv Tekin motor or similar. A buddy of mine is using the 4.5 Tekin 550 and likes that and the Reedy from what I have read sounds good, good enough I may give it a look in the summer.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:37 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Take a leap and ride the wave bro hams !!!!

Or miss the wave and paddle ......

Lite I drove is a on whole new level Cain......
LOL. Thunder Tiger should be proud.

sad thing, the TT based Prolite isn't exactly a revolutionary looking design like the SC10 4x4 and as you say, drives like its on a whole new level.

Curious though how it does when hitting the heavy weight losi's. Looking forward to seeing that first hand.

Is there room for a center fluid filled diff?
Old 01-13-2013, 12:13 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Cain
LOL. Thunder Tiger should be proud.

sad thing, the TT based Prolite isn't exactly a revolutionary looking design like the SC10 4x4 and as you say, drives like its on a whole new level.

Curious though how it does when hitting the heavy weight losi's. Looking forward to seeing that first hand.

Is there room for a center fluid filled diff?

Losi's R a lap down , not even on the Pro-Lites pace ....

The Pro-lite is quite a bit lighter, allowing it to jump better & corner faster ..
Still has the grip & stability the heavier trucks enjoy...
Old 01-13-2013, 12:20 PM
Tech Legend

you have vids of this? would be curious to see, especially how far down the sc10 4x4s are since it looked like the losi and sc10 4x4s were neck and neck on your track, unless you are talking about different group of drivers, etc.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:24 PM
Tech Legend

you have vids of this? would be curious to see, especially how far down the sc10 4x4s are since it looked like the losi and sc10 4x4s were neck and neck on your track, unless you are talking about different group of drivers, etc.
Those other rides are not even close Cain...

Plenty of video coming ...
Old 01-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

I think if you get an SC10 4x4, go in knowing the quirks of the vehicle. Buy used would be my suggestion to get the most bang for the buck. Depending on your track, you may find benefit to the exotek chassis (especiallly with the heavyweight losi) as well as a center diff.

Me personally, at a minimum I would say my favorite upgrade was the M2C toe in block, closely followed by the center diff and exotek chassis.

A lot of this though will be conditions based.

As for electronics, if you are unsure of the RX8 the Speed Passion GT2.0 Pro will do Pro4 motors as well as 550s. Goes for about $100. The new Speed Passion Reventon Pro can do 2 Pole 550s like the Reedy Sonic.

Personally, a good all around motor I like is the Pro4 4000kv Tekin motor or similar. A buddy of mine is using the 4.5 Tekin 550 and likes that and the Reedy from what I have read sounds good, good enough I may give it a look in the summer.
Thanks, I am getting it used from a local racer and the truck is immaculate.

My only concern now is which ESC to get... Will the speed passions handle the Tekin SC4X motors?
Old 01-13-2013, 12:54 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Those other rides are not even close Cain...

Plenty of video coming ...
Looking forward to it, though I am assuming this is all indoors so far, not big 1/8 scale style rutted tracks. When you get yours based on what I read on the other thread, looking to seeing you put a clinic on that losi that got you last time in the vid.

Thanks, I am getting it used from a local racer and the truck is immaculate.

My only concern now is which ESC to get... Will the speed passions handle the Tekin SC4X motors?
Yes. I run the Pro4s, my buddy runs the Tekin 550 4.5 with his Reventon pro. I also ran the 5.5 version for a bit but the Pro4 has more torque in my opinion than the SC4X one so I went with that. Stays cool too and fits the chassis with no mods.

You can also do LRPs from what I understand.

speaking of which, anyone know id the older Sphere EScs can take 550s? I got one sitting here that came in with a vehicle, TC Spec one, not sure what all it can be used for.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Looking forward to it, though I am assuming this is all indoors so far, not big 1/8 scale style rutted tracks. When you get yours based on what I read on the other thread, looking to seeing you put a clinic on that losi that got you last time in the vid.

Yes. I run the Pro4s, my buddy runs the Tekin 550 4.5 with his Reventon pro. I also ran the 5.5 version for a bit but the Pro4 has more torque in my opinion than the SC4X one so I went with that. Stays cool too and fits the chassis with no mods.

You can also do LRPs from what I understand.

speaking of which, anyone know id the older Sphere EScs can take 550s? I got one sitting here that came in with a vehicle, TC Spec one, not sure what all it can be used for.
I can't find a Reventon Pro in stock anywhere The pricepoint is so much better than the RX8 also. Why do ppl seem to like Tekin so much?
Old 01-13-2013, 01:04 PM
Tech Legend

I can't find a Reventon Pro in stock anywhere The pricepoint is so much better than the RX8 also. Why do ppl seem to like Tekin so much?
Tekin has very good customer support, and is a quality racing ESC. Its also a 1/8 ESC so it handles the 1/10 4x4 SCT duties easily.

here is a link to get the Reventon Pro:

http://www.speedpassion.net/shop/index.asp

$130 + shipping

GT2.0 Pro $99 + shipping
Old 01-13-2013, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Tekin has very good customer support, and is a quality racing ESC. Its also a 1/8 ESC so it handles the 1/10 4x4 SCT duties easily.

here is a link to get the Reventon Pro:

http://www.speedpassion.net/shop/index.asp

$130 + shipping

GT2.0 Pro $99 + shipping
So the question overall is... Which one do you recommend? Can the Reventon Pro handle 8th scale if I ever decided to go that route?
Old 01-13-2013, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 98NYFINESTVETTE

AE SC: What pinion size are you using? I read that you are not able to pull out of turn hard enough.
15t pinion on 62t 32p spur on v.1 slipper with garodisks with castle 1410. Temps are non existent. I have the new v.2 center diff installed but haven't had a chance to race it yet. I have a 14t and 16t piston so can go up or down if I need to depending on temps.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:48 PM
Tech Legend

So the question overall is... Which one do you recommend? Can the Reventon Pro handle 8th scale if I ever decided to go that route?
Neither for 1/8. for 1/8 4S you woudl want the Silver Arrow V2 which is about $70 shipped from Speed passion. I use that in the EB48 I have and have used it in a few other ESCs, works great, very smooth. It *may* work on 2S, got mixed reports on this but it is a bigger ESC, may not fit right in the SC10 4x4 without some mod.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Neither for 1/8. for 1/8 4S you woudl want the Silver Arrow V2 which is about $70 shipped from Speed passion. I use that in the EB48 I have and have used it in a few other ESCs, works great, very smooth. It *may* work on 2S, got mixed reports on this but it is a bigger ESC, may not fit right in the SC10 4x4 without some mod.
Thanks for all help... Ended up going with the RX8 since Tower coupons make it much cheaper. Most the local guys have this one also, so they can help with set ups.

I'll be posting pics later this week of the ride. I'll be doing the SC4X 4.5T with RX8 and a DS1313 servo, also ordering 5k/10k diff fluid, extension cable for receiver, and some indoor clay tires... Should be a good time, been wanting to do SCT for a while. Our indoor track is high grip clay and is pretty big.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Tech Legend

No prob, I can understand that for sure.

The SC10 4x4 when tuned to your track conditions can be quite fun truck. For what you mentioned your indoor track is, it should do great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.