Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 01:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
Cause, you know, everybody loves a fanboi - Who makes up his own rules of physics, and when proven wrong with cites, just argues harder that "a factory guy explained it to me that way". Really funny when the factory engineer tells him he has it wrong.

Just saying, but all that really happened.
I understand all the complaints about WC, we all know they are aired almost daily. My point is....... He is not maliciously spreading bad info and he is not breaking any rules. You guys get all worked up and he loves it.... (These are just my observations). Fan boy or not he's got good intentions IMO. My favorite is " he types in broken sentences". Who gives a F*#&!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 02:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default AE A.K.A WC

I race with him, and if it's not AE, LRP, Airtronics you will never be fast!! That's what he believe's and thats ok buy me. Don't let it get to you on this forum. You are the one's buying the RC equipment not anyone else. People always are going to agree or disagree, that the nature of it all. Learn, Live and be happy that we can race or play with these RC trucks. I am still fast no matter what I Drive!!
Old 12-30-2012, 08:44 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by nolimit1
I race with him, and if it's not AE, LRP, Airtronics you will never be fast!! That's what he believe's and thats ok buy me.

I do tell everyone this , its the truth .....
o-MAN !

Craig
What this ?
No pretty horses for this morning ?

I really enjoy coming here to share with you guys the latest help from Ae & my
latest modifications with this truck ...

The ones who have moved on ?
Will be lapping you soon ...
Old 12-30-2012, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by associatevalley
My point is....... He is not maliciously spreading bad info and he is not breaking any rules.!
It might not be malicious, but it's often bad tech or just downright wrong.

Try searching this thread for "bad tech" and see what you get.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry

Craig
What this ?
No pretty horses for this morning ?
Old 12-30-2012, 09:36 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
It might not be malicious, but it's often bad tech or just downright wrong.

Try searching this thread for "bad tech" and see what you get.
I never complain bout cute horsies pictures ...

Your advise is always pictures of pretty horsies, air hoses, cup cakes ...

not that I think they are bad or even brother me ...
Old 12-30-2012, 09:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Should I do away with the mud flaps, or do you guys run them? I was looking at T-bone front and rear skids.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:15 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by rippen
Should I do away with the mud flaps, or do you guys run them? I was looking at T-bone front and rear skids.
Flaps bring extra rear weight that can affect the handling .

suggest trimming the outer sections of the rear bumper off , just to lighten ...
Old 12-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

I never complain bout cute horsies pictures ...

Your advise is always pictures of pretty horsies, air hoses, cup cakes ...

not that I think they are bad or even brother me ...
How do you remove mud from screws on the bottom of the chassis? Somebody asked, and I answered how I do it. Compressed air and a Vacula blow gun. It was on topic, and hadn't been mentioned, and was pretty innocuous. Here it is in case anyone would like to see it.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/11609870-post26522.html

I don't think I ever posted a cup cake, so your making it up/lying about it.

What is the problem? Oh, that's right, there isn't one except the ones you cause.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Has anyone had problems with stripping spur gears recently, or ever? Only change I made recently is went to 10K in rear diff... stripped 3 in a row.
(32 pitch 62t, 13 pinion w a 4.5 reedy sonic 550)
Old 12-30-2012, 06:10 PM
Tech Adept

I use my body reamer to clean the dirt out of clogged hexes... works great!

Now for some questions / input needed:

I have the original sc10 4x4 that I have been running with the FT conversion and Maifield's exact setup besides not coupling the slipper.

Track: Super tight indoor clay, slightly rough with a lot of low, somewhat 'peaky' jumps.

Here are the problems I am having:
The truck seems pretty unstable when going over anything rough. The front end especially. It seems as if the suspension packs up when compared to others that I have driven / watched (many sctes). On smooth tracks, the truck is super fast and consistent. The biggest improvement I have made to the truck is moving the front lower shock mount to the inside holes, increasing leverage on the shock and making it absorb front impacts quite a bit better. The truck is fast when driven perfectly (currently hold fastest lap at the track), but hard to drive consistently. If everything is not downsided perfectly, the truck gets out of shape. I watch the losi's miscalculate jumps and slam through the bumps and the trucks stay so much more composed. It surprised me that people are moving to stiffer springs on the rear (front springs) and that maifield's setup (and just about every other setup I have seen) uses the stiffer yellow (mine came with blue, currently running yellow) springs on the front. On the bench other trucks feel much more plush (SCTE's and MIP/SCTE's). My 2wd sc10 feels great through the rough, also running maifield's setup... and loving it. Has anyone else encountered this? I have always seen people increasing spring rate on the sc104x4.... makes me wonder how the truck would feel with softer springs all the way around. The losi's just seem more plush and forgiving over every bump on the track. The sc10 4x4 seems to be almost rigid in comparison. I do drive in a cold environment, and have tried going to thinner oil (currently at 25wt all the way around) and removed on of the x-rings and did some shock work mentioned in this thread to make sure the shocks are perfectly smooth. I have made sure everything in the suspension is free of binds. Are people going to stiffer springs to help with stability while cornering? The truck handles the corners just fine, it's the rough sections that send it on it's lid that hurt me in a race.

I am also having trouble with the truck hooking and high siding on the track after a low speed double followed by a sharp turn. I have hit this double with a losi intentionally trying to get it to hook and flip... it won't, it just goes into a predictable slide. What is confusing is that the losi feels like it has more sidebite in the middle of all the other corners. Will the 7mm mod help this?

While the truck is super efficient compared to other 4x4 sct's, I am thinking about jumping ship and going to the losi. I drove a friend's losi with mip kit the other night and the truck felt SO much more forgiving over every bump and jump. If you cased or overjumped the truck, for the most part, stayed composed. I felt just as fast driving an unfamiliar truck in 3 laps, and not having to worry so much about perfect timing let me relax and concentrate on other aspects of driving.

Another problem is braking over bumps. Without a center diff, the associated will pack the front end on bumps. The losi stays way more composed when on the binders in the rough. Does anyone see associated copying the aftermarket again and coming out with a center diff for the truck?

My arms are slightly warped, but there is no biding in the suspension movement.

Has anyone gone to softer spring rates and had luck? I don't want to put more money into this truck if it is not going to help. The tekno or scte is looking pretty good at this time... especially when you add in ease of maintenance. Another friend at the track that has an sc10 4x4 has never won a main, but borrowed a fully modified losi and won for the first time that night. Once an associated lover, he does nothing but talk crap about the truck now

I struggle in 4x4 sc, against the same drivers that I am lapping in 2wd...
Old 12-30-2012, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by GraphiteChassis
Has anyone had problems with stripping spur gears recently, or ever? Only change I made recently is went to 10K in rear diff... stripped 3 in a row.
(32 pitch 62t, 13 pinion w a 4.5 reedy sonic 550)
Have you checked your mesh after stripping? Make sure that your motor isn't moving on you. I am on my 4th series with my truck and still using the original spur. Also, maybe make sure that you are not missing any screws or bolts after the diff change in the rear... it is a bit more complicated than most trucks and the whole rear diff/gearbox is kind of one unit. If a bolt is missing, you may get just enough deflection to cause stripping?
Old 12-30-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Building my FT SC10 4x4 and can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I am trying to put the VTS slipper together. It seems the outer hub doesn't sit low enough on the shaft for it to clamp the slipper clutches and spur gear?? What gives? I slides over the squared off part of the trans shaft maybe 1/8 inch then bottoms out. There isn't even enough threads to get the nut on with the spring and washer installed. Would not even matter since the outer hub isn't hold tight against the clutches. Is this some kinda machining error or am I missing something?
Old 12-30-2012, 09:17 PM
Tech Legend

Deeds
Doubt its a machine error...

check to see if the rear pad has moved out of place on the spur gear

also
The outer disk has to clear the keyed slot on the top shaft & the squared off inside of the middle slipper disk ( thin steel disk) ...
Old 12-30-2012, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Deeds
Doubt its a machine error...

check to see if the rear pad has moved out of place on the spur gear

also
The outer disk has to clear the keyed slot on the top shaft & the squared off inside of the middle slipper disk ( thin steel disk) ...
Thank. If I take off the spur and slipper and try and install the outer hub it will will only go on about an 1/8 inch. Thats with lining up the keyed sides. Hmmmm..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.