Tech Rookie

Merry Christmas to all!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 02:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Merry Christmas Everyone

Cain thanks for your pm and setup

Originally Posted by dday
You don't mention in your setup anything about limiting up travel of the shocks.

I doubt the paper gasket is the reason your diffs are leaking, and will be confirmed when you open the diff up and find coned washers/shims under your sun gears. I have reused my paper gaskets many times when changing the thickness of diff fluids and never had them leak.

Don
I run 6mm of limiter plus 2mm rubber oring washer already on shock plus shock boots so I'm 8mm easy. in the front all of it on top of ball cup, on the back 4mm under ball and 4 above, forgot to mention because I just posted on it last week and even took pics so people could tell me if I screwed up the limiter placement for using the front springs on rear so figured it would be remembered my bad

I never said my diffs leak
In fact they don't but the reason I wanted to use 2 paper seals is because I wanted to minimize or eliminate the chance of leakage. Preventative maintenance Read a Post where WC Cheese Master said it worked.

My Diff gears are still in new condition as they were just rebuilt and installed last month, with a total of 3 race days, with 3 races a day so 9 total 6min races. So pretty sure they're still good to go. I have installed the rc shox v.2 center diff which is the only reason I am taking apart a recently rebuilt diff so I can change diff fluid wt.
I cleaned up my post and added limiters please post if you have any feedback on the rest of my questions I've higlighted in red like which size shim to use xray .3 which I still need a link to or full dimensions on size or the .5 that ae is shipping out any help is appreciated.

Originally Posted by AE SC10 4X4
Hi guys getting my truck set up during christmas break
I've been reading this thread from start to finish for a month now and am on page 1860 so almost caught up
So happy I missed the whole exotek clutch debate, it was no fun reading thru it.

I have installed
Exotek LCG V.2 Chassis
RC SHOX V.2 Center Diff
Castle 3800 1410 SCT ESC
Savox 1258
Spectrum DX3S with cap on receiver/ so no glitching or brown outs.
RPM arms front and rear
Sway Bars White Front, Blue Rear
Shocks 32wt front 27wt rear
Yellow springs on front, Blue Front springs on rear
Front 6mm limiter and 2 mm rubber shock ring Rear 6mm limiter with 2mm rubber shock ring 4mm under ball cup and 2mm plus shock ring up top.
12mm Aluminum Hexs
Proline Flo Tek

I am about to tear apart my front and rear diffs and rebuild and replace paper seals and diff fluid.

I will be changing diff fluid to 7000wt Front 5000wt rear for center diff. My LHS had no Team associated 7000 wt diff fluid so I purchased Losi 7000wt diff fluid. Will this be a issue? It costs $3 more than Team Associated Fluid so hope it works

I believe wild cherry posted to use 2 paper diff seals on each diff and it will eliminate leaky diffs otherwise theres the kyosho grease I believe Mantis posted using.

Can I get away with reusing my installed diff paper seal if it isn't torn or damaged and just installing one additional paper seal?

I've used search, but found nothing on these 2 specific questions.

Will the paper diff seals from a sc10 fit a sc104x4

and

I want to shim up the diff gears to eliminate outdrive wobble.
I'm not sure if I should use the .5 washer some people have been using and team associated is sending out if you call them? or the xray .3 I've read people are using?
Can someone please tell me the dimensions/part#/link/ or easy way to find the xray .3 washers that people are using because when I asked for them at the LHS nobody there had no clue they 4 different kits because one of them had to have what I needed

I don't know which one is preferable to use xray.3 or .5 washer?
Also if I use the .3 washer its one .3 washer under sun gear on each side of diff remove stock shim?
I also read somewhere one .3 shim and leave .2 stock shim on other side?

I also read that putting 2oz/3oz of weight in front and sides of servo will help truck handling even with the exotek.
I am running a regular stick pack .

Originally Posted by ryanpatrickgore
Too many questions dude. You have overwhelmed us.

1.I had no leaking if diffs at all, just used 1 seal no probs
2.cant answer any q's about tiers or 8mm as I am not at your track. Probably have to figure this one out yourself. Just trial and error
3. Some people need the .5 shim some didn't. My rear diff would only take a .4 and the front was fine with the stock .2. Seems the different batches had different tolerances Again you need to do some trial and error for yourself.
4. With my exotek I still used weight up front, just an ounce on each side.
Honestly tho... The truck was more nimble and faster with the stock chassis and weight under the slipper am up front. The Exo planted it, but for my track (smooth indoor) not needed really only needed for loose outdoor tracks.

Good luck. You'll figure this stuff out after you get some real wheel time.
I liked the bk setup the best
I know I need more wheel time, I want to live at my track till I can drive like this truck deserves
Thanks for the info sorry I overwhelmed you
Had alot of questions after reading 1932 pages of this thread from start alot of data to recall within a month plus all the fighting
Old 12-25-2012, 03:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AE SC10 4X4
I know I need more wheel time, I want to live at my track till I can drive like this truck deserves
Too much practice is bad. Take it from a guy who spends 10 hours a day, 6 days a week at a track.

----

WC,

I agree, but the b44.2 comes in feb and it's time to get out of Stk Buggy. =)

Honestly, thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm not going anywhere and will drive at events. But club nights tinkering with everything trying to keep up with the Durangos is going to slow.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:02 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

merry Christmas or whatever else you do for the holidays to all!

Gotta love the wife's traditions, kids pretty much open all the presents christmas eve night, then, stuff from santa in the morning. I remember getting up early in the morning excited for all the stuff, our kids and the wife are sleeping away right now lol while I am cooking a pernil (spanish roast pork shoulder).

Anyway, I am still very curious if we could see 1/10 SCB 4x4 become prevalent. I for one really enjoyed the handling characteristics of the SC10 4x4 in buggyish form. If it doesn't work out selling the sc10 4x4, maybe I'll see what it can do in a buggy form, especially with that vehicle coming from that one company using essentially the sc10 4x4 to make a 1/8 buggy.

SC Shaun,maybe that is something you could get going at your track? For those who like the scale of the SCTs but not the hackfest? Possibly using the new SC10B body in some fashion?

AE SC10 4x4: no prob on the setup. I hope it helps and if its a no go on your track feel free to rip it up. Also,give WC's recommendation on ride height a try. I think looking at my gauge I had it set wrong and I am really more at 21mm than the 23mm in the guide. The lip of the jumps here are funny with stuff lower.

Where did you find 32W and 27W oil or did you mean 32.5W and 27.5W?
Old 12-25-2012, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Old 12-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Well the build is going awesome, this truck is wicked. I will post pics as some as I can.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
merry Christmas or whatever else you do for the holidays to all!

Gotta love the wife's traditions, kids pretty much open all the presents christmas eve night, then, stuff from santa in the morning. I remember getting up early in the morning excited for all the stuff, our kids and the wife are sleeping away right now lol while I am cooking a pernil (spanish roast pork shoulder).

Feliz Navidad we are having Tapas at my house

AE SC10 4x4: no prob on the setup. I hope it helps and if its a no go on your track feel free to rip it up. Also,give WC's recommendation on ride height a try. I think looking at my gauge I had it set wrong and I am really more at 21mm than the 23mm in the guide. The lip of the jumps here are funny with stuff lower.

Where did you find 32W and 27W oil or did you mean 32.5W and 27.5W?
Sorry your correct 32.5w front and 27.5w rear from maifields clay set up.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm going to be running a castle creation Sidewinder SCT ESC with the 3800 KV motor. Do I use the 48 pitch or the 32 pitch spur gear.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Tech Legend

I would just go with the 32P gears.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

I would just go with the 32P gears.
What tooth pinion gear shouls I start off with.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by rippen
What tooth pinion gear shouls I start off with.
A lot of it depends on track size. I would say a good starting gear initially with the 3800 - 4000kv motors would be a 13T or 14T pinion and check temps.

For the motor you are using, this is the 4 pole version right that is made to use in vehicles like the SC10 4x4? (ie - 4x4 SCTs)

this one?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXAETT&P=ML
Old 12-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

A lot of it depends on track size. I would say a good starting gear initially with the 3800 - 4000kv motors would be a 13T or 14T pinion and check temps.

For the motor you are using, this is the 4 pole version right that is made to use in vehicles like the SC10 4x4? (ie - 4x4 SCTs)
Yes, it's a 4 pole 3800.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:37 AM
Tech Legend

cool.

That's the gearing I personally would start with.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks
Old 12-26-2012, 11:42 AM
Tech Legend

no prob. If you can, see about doing the motor fan setups you find on this thread. They help a lot with motor temps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.