Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Here's one that Rossnz made...
http://www.rctech.net/forum/11128813-post28686.html

Last edited by fq06; 10-29-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Adept

thank you for all response.

i did see the online manual for these car and to be honest it seemes caind of complexed to overhal the diffs.My xray xb9 i just need to take away a few screws and then the diffs are already out.
If i use a electric dril i can change the diff fluid in al 3 diffs in less than 1 hour.With no problem.

So if the gir mesh is ok in this ae is it solid?Does it realy need a lot of maintainance?
Is the ae 4wd buggy more easy?

The reason i did choose the sc is becouse people tell me it is more forgiving and more easy to drive,and at the same time it dosent brake that easy, compared with the ae 4wd buggy rc10B44.2.Is this thrue?
Old 10-28-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Nope, Not true mine breaks just fine. It's turned down right now. I use the rx8 Esc
This truck has gear diffs, the 44.2 has ball diffs.
2 very different technologies.
You can get to the b44 faster but they take more time to build and set up properly.
The truck takes longer to access them but they are simple and nearly brainless to work on.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:18 AM
Tech Legend

Xray , the sc104x4 is very strong and will take a lot of abuse ..

With time you should become more familiar with the truck & able to service both diff's in about the same time as your 1/8th scale....

You have great ride and a good choice for you to learn about racing R/c .
Old 10-28-2012, 12:02 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
With time you should become more familiar with the truck & able to service both diff's in about the same time as your 1/8th scale....
Lol, service 2 diffs in same time as 3 diffs on the 1/8 ...

The SC10 4x4 is pretty durable and for the conditions I can see in the vid you race on should be well suited for it.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cain
Lol, service 2 diffs in same time as 3 diffs on the 1/8 ...

The SC10 4x4 is pretty durable and for the conditions I can see in the vid you race on should be well suited for it.
The LHS that own this track have the durango and ae and some others.

Durango is wery exciting but is prown to brake more often in this track.

The best drivers that is driving both sc and buggy there is something like 0,5-1 seconds faster with the buggys(4wd)
Becouse of the buggys lower cg it can be some faster in certain playses.But on the other hand the sc is not that nervous compared to buggy.
But when it comes to the flying it seemes like the buggy is mutch more stable,i think i know why

My order in my Lhs is only "verbal"in the way that he wil get the sc later this week.The Buggy B44.2 is also comming this week.
So ther is stil a possebility to change my mind.

And as you al know it is always difficult to choose.And it is typical for human to want the thing you dont have.

But yes,this track is wery good for sc.....
Old 10-28-2012, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

not sure of tracks that 10 min mains or qual on regular basis but the upcoming PNB race has 3 10 min quals and 10 min main for SC.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

We've been doing 7 min heats and 10min mains.

Sc 4x4 Amain is always last at our track. And I can run for another 3-4 min after the race before lipo cut off. I'm only running a 5100 saddle set up with 4600 pro4
Old 10-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Had a decent day at the track today with the 4wd. except the rear camber links popping off on the tower. Well found out one of the ends was broke and the hobby shop had no parts so I came up with this. Used the rear camber links of my RC8.2. Anyone done this?
Old 10-28-2012, 09:06 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi, guys just got a SC10 4x4 running it with
1410 3800kv castle 4 pole with original sidewinder esc
Savox 1258
Spektrum DX3s with a cap just in case....
to avoid any savox servo/spektrum/castle esc issues stated by other members, I've read up to page 219 of this thread and counting
geared 15t pinion and stock 32 pitch gear.

A member here Cueball22 rebuilt it from the ground up for me so its new again and set it to the most recent Ryan Maifield setup on Associateds website

I got to drive it today for the first time just some parking lot speed runs nonstop the 1410 had plenty of torque with some good top speed
I know I can gear it higher but am happy with current gearing. I ran it for 15 minutes continous today and the esc was slightly warm, and motor had barely any heat it was also 55 degrees out so I'm sure that had something to do with it
I drove it down my street and the dreaded wheel nut fell off, now I am short a wheel nut till I can make it to LHS 2 hours away. Will probably buy the j concepts nuts on ebay.

I am going to start racing it at my local track and besides swaybars, and the right tires for my track, and maybe a better esc (though this one worked nicely )
A RX8 or maybe a mamba max sct or mamba monster (overkill I'm told) what would you recommend?
I won't lie the sidewinder really surprised me how well it worked and my steering was so smooth and turned quickly, I kept making circles. I also learned this truck will flip over sideways easily when you turn at higher speeds.
Will swaybars fix this?
Anyways I'm glad I got this truck as my first offroad rc since it will work as a basher or even let me run at the track

I also figure since this is the SC10 4x4 thread maybe someone has a spare set of swaybars or wheel nuts they want to sell ?
or a J Concepts Chassis Over Tray
Shameless plug I know
Seriously I've posted in the wtb and haven't found everything I want yet so if you have spare parts or upgrades send me a pm please. This is a great thread and I look forward to reading it all lol.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I got a weird problem. On my rear diff case when i tighten up the top two bolts that go into the motor mount the diff spins freely. But when i put the lower bolt in the drive train locks up?
Old 10-28-2012, 09:24 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xander Bolanos
I also figure since this is the SC10 4x4 thread maybe someone has a spare set of swaybars or wheel nuts they want to sell ?
or a J Concepts Chassis Over Tray
Shameless plug I know
Seriously I've posted in the wtb and haven't found everything I want yet so if you have spare parts or upgrades send me a pm please. This is a great thread and I look forward to reading it all lol.
Welcome to the thread!

A place I like to go for New spares is here:

http://kriostasis.com/store/index.ph...1&keyword=sway

you can also find parted out Factory teams on ebay to get the stuff you want for less than buying it from some online shops.

Originally Posted by nmdesertracer
I got a weird problem. On my rear diff case when i tighten up the top two bolts that go into the motor mount the diff spins freely. But when i put the lower bolt in the drive train locks up?
From what I have been reading and experienced myself, seems like there is a set of cases out there that are not made "right" as some others.

I basically snug down my case screws, then back them off equally until the drivetrain spins free.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Tech Adept

I want to get a set of Jconcepts Double Dees to go with their white Hazards wheels. Since the wheels are 3mm wider is there a certain size Jconcepts Double Dees tires that I have to get or will the ones that say fit 3.0 x 2.2 work with the Hazards? I would buy the premounted, but they don't come in white.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coconut
I want to get a set of Jconcepts Double Dees to go with their white Hazards wheels. Since the wheels are 3mm wider is there a certain size Jconcepts Double Dees tires that I have to get or will the ones that say fit 3.0 x 2.2 work with the Hazards? I would buy the premounted, but they don't come in white.
They aren't 3mm wider, the offset of the wheel gives you 3mm more track width.

The wheel is the same width as every other wheel.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Just regular shortcourse tires for hazards.
I had the same wheels and I liked em a lot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.