Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Tekin says under 200 is required and 180 is not harmful for the pro4.

Esc will shut down on it's own if too hot but I don't like to see more than 120 on mine.

I think how it goes is coolish esc and hot motor, smaller pinion.
Hot esc and coolish motor, larger pinion.

But 13/62 should put you in the sweet spot with a 4600 4 pole unless you are on a huge outdoor like The Dirt in Hemet then you may want to go to a 14
Old 09-07-2012, 10:14 AM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC Shaun
My experience with your Wolf Packs: Ordered three - 4S 3700's
2 were DOA and 1 puffed after 2 charges. That of course being sent to AE for warranty that I had to fight tooth and nail over and waited 4 months.

After seeing that, most of the guys at the track said "That's what you get for buying expensive batteries, and they're supposed to support you!" etc etc. This is a fluke event no doubt and I know you guys are the best. But y'know?
Sorry about that.
The DOA were caused by bad Deans plugs. I know this sounds dumb but the truth after we started seeing the packs come back we did some checking and some kind of film was covering the connector not allowing current to flow.
The puffed one I can't say what happened with it.
As far as the long wait yes after the 4s pack was released the demand was alot higher than expected and we ran out of inventory and had to wait for more to arrive. I hope our service depart took care of you when we did get more inventory.

Again sorry for the problems.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

oh, I am just gonna say it. An AE rep actually posted on this thread, first i have seen. Nice to see.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

What's the benefit of the rpm arms? How do you like em?
Old 09-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ryanpatrickgore
What's the benefit of the rpm arms? How do you like em?
Seem to be stiffer, but I never experienced the bowing that others have had on the AE arms.
The problem I have had with both is after a few hard bangs the inner part of the arm that the hinge pins go through get tweaked and then they bind... both AE and rpm.

The rpm's seem to go longer than the AE arms but both have had the same end results. IMO that part of the arms needs to be beefed up.

The rpm arms seem to have better tolerances in that area and have less stiction... till you have a few wrecks.

I haven't broken one arm but I have replaced a few because of the stiction where the hinge pin is both AE & rpm... even with a fresh hinge pin.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
Yeah Chris is a cheapo, but I'm the same way , actually I'm waiting for the a-spec nano's to arrive in the US warehouse which will probably be the time I start driving my sc10 4x4 again........
Good to see your still subscribed to this thread stylz.
Not making it out your way this week, gotta get new rubber on my Subaru today, it eats through R compound rubber in about 9 months... people think rc is expensive, try a 420 whp car's upkeep

Hope to see you and your 2wd at Westcoast soon... oh and your friends super loud 1/8 buggy
Old 09-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

I've had some huge crashes with it! I think I'm gonna pick some up today. Plus some other parts and do a refresh of the truck this weekend
Old 09-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ryanpatrickgore
I've had some huge crashes with it! I think I'm gonna pick some up today. Plus some other parts and do a refresh of the truck this weekend
When you have it apart, roll the hinge pins on a glass table and check them for any bend. If it's been a while they probably need to be replaced.

New arms, bent pin... it will still bind and not give you butter smooth suspension movement.

I have the Ti-Ni pins and I'm not sure there is a big difference. When a pin goes out of true or the arm is out of whack where they pass through... that makes a big difference.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I just picked up a SC10 4X4 last night. He was running a tekin sc4x 6.5 turn with a havok pro esc. What gearing should i be looking for stock he is running the 32 pitch spur 62 tooth gear and a 13 pinion. Its really slow. I know the motor has more in it should i jump to a 15 or should i go one tooth at a time. I have all the way to a 18 if needed but i dont think that will be needed.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fq06
Danny, where in SoCal are you? Been to local tracks?
Im between ocrc and wcrc right by the Cerritos mall. First track i went to since getting back into the hobby was wcrc, but I work 2 blocks from ocrc so i have spent almost all my time there. Ive been meaning to get back to wc after getting some track time under my belt. That track was pretty intimidating for my first time driving rc in 10+ years
Old 09-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

gotta get new rubber on my Subaru today, it eats through R compound rubber in about 9 months... people think rc is expensive, try a 420 whp car's upkeep
Lucky for you to have awd i have a 600whp camaro, and a 650ish whp vette. Both of em go thru tires like underwear
Old 09-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by xDIRTYx
Im between ocrc and wcrc right by the Cerritos mall. First track i went to since getting back into the hobby was wcrc, but I work 2 blocks from ocrc so i have spent almost all my time there. Ive been meaning to get back to wc after getting some track time under my belt. That track was pretty intimidating for my first time driving rc in 10+ years
Yeah, picked up this truck after being out of it for about 8(?) years myself.

The track at wcrc right now is more of a euro style track from the super nationals so there are no big jumps and not intimidating. They are putting a new track in on Monday that is back to technical and big launchers... may want to get out before the change.

Sooo envious of your work being a couple blocks from a track. I'm only about 15mi from wcrc but LA traffic makes it a 45 min drive

I'm going to wcrc today and maybe Saturday if you get out there I can help you with the truck and it's setup. White & metallic blue body, can't miss me, I'll be the one flying off the straight into the pit area

New layout coming next week, looks entertaining...

Last edited by fq06; 09-07-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah, picked up this truck after being out of it for about 8(?) years myself.

The track at wcrc right now is more of a euro style track from the super nationals so there are no big jumps and not intimidating. They are putting a new track in on Monday that is back to technical and big launchers... may want to get out before the change.

Sooo envious of your work being a couple blocks from a track. I'm only about 15mi from wcrc but LA traffic makes it a 45 min drive

I'm going to wcrc today and maybe Saturday if you get out there I can help you with the truck and it's setup. White & metallic blue body, can't miss me, I'll be the one flying off the straight into the pit area
hahaha no bs my buddy (also his first time on a track) did that exactly on his first lap at wcrc! Funniest shtt ever

Awesome thanks, so long as everything goes smoothly getting this motor in tonight ill be at a track tomorrow. If i go solo ill cruise out to wcrc
Old 09-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by xDIRTYx
hahaha no bs my buddy (also his first time on a track) did that exactly on his first lap at wcrc! Funniest shtt ever

Awesome thanks, so long as everything goes smoothly getting this motor in tonight ill be at a track tomorrow. If i go solo ill cruise out to wcrc
OMG he's got talent to pull that off

What motor are you running? If you have any issues PM me and I'll bring my soldering iron to the track.

Maybe I'll see you tomorrow
Old 09-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Good tip on the pins there

How about flipping the arms? I think I've heard of that?
Does it help?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.