Old 07-19-2012, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Jeff i just sent you 5 bux for saying that!! LOL
Old 07-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Put the VTS slipper back on and then compare ....
I have it installed as well. This exotek thing just replaces the inner pad and plate. The vts basket is still in place on the outside. So they work in tandum. I'll let you try it tonight if you get to trcr. You can put it on your truck if you have it there. Just takes a sec
Old 07-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ryanpatrickgore
I have it installed as well. This exotek thing just replaces the inner pad and plate. The vts basket is still in place on the outside. So they work in tandum. I'll let you try it tonight if you get to trcr. You can put it on your truck if you have it there. Just takes a sec
Meant replace ft drive back to slipper pad , rather then me try ?

You switch back & drive , I watch .....

Then we will put the Exotek back on, then I watch again ....

Lap times will be the judge , not me .....

Good to see you testing ........

Also will be happy to try your ride a lap or two & TY for the offer to try the Exotek..
Old 07-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Here is my opinion on both the exotek and center diff, but I will state I am no expert with rc's in comparison with Mantis and others so take it for what it is.

I've owned both sc10's from the team kit to factory team kit, I've done upgrades consisting of MTK basket, rcshox garodisc's for both AE's clutch setup's, and both V1 and V2 diff's.........

What I am currently running now is the exotek inner hub with the VTS slipper and rcshox garodisc's, and the honest truth I'm loving it. Its putting down all the power I need for the front and rear, and to me is performing the same as the V1 center diff (now that's just my opinion). I do have the V2 center diff and the only reason why I'm not comparing it to everything else is because I've had bad luck with it, and its solely 100perc. my fault. Both times I tried it I locked the nut down so tight I'm sure I was bending the top shaft to where I could not get my gear mesh set properly. So I always ended up putting back the exotek/vts/garodisc setup back on and only having to tighten the nut barely past the threading and I had all the power to the front and rear I needed for my local track.

So to me the exotek hub along with the vts slipper and garodisc's is just what I prefer to run, not saying the center diff is better or the setup I run is better but I just like how my setup is and don't see a need to change for now.

My point is if you feel the need to spend the money on the center diff then go for it, its a great product and from what I've read on here and other forums from those using it are really liking it, but if you want something that IMO can work just as well and don't want to dish out the extra cash then try the exotek hub w/ vts and garodiscs and you could be just as satisfied.....
Old 07-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Jeff i just sent you 5 bux for saying that!! LOL
Old 07-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Old 07-19-2012, 12:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Meant replace ft drive back to slipper pad , rather then me try ?

You switch back & drive , I watch .....

Then we will put the Exotek back on, then I watch again ....

Lap times will be the judge , not me .....

Good to see you testing ........

Also will be happy to try your ride a lap or two & TY for the offer to try the Exotek..
My laps will be better when the rear stops trying to go faster than the front, lol.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

ilanstylz, what you are describing is exactly the setup I plan to use.

I have the Exotek locked front and I'm waiting for my Garodisks to come (may be here today for all I know) which I intend to use for the rear slipper.

Hope this works out!
Old 07-19-2012, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
My laps will be better when the rear stops trying to go faster than the front, lol.
run the front 19 overdrive gear?
Old 07-19-2012, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maddog94
ilanstylz, what you are describing is exactly the setup I plan to use.

I have the Exotek locked front and I'm waiting for my Garodisks to come (may be here today for all I know) which I intend to use for the rear slipper.

Hope this works out!
Cool post up your results after you've tested them out, so I can see if its just me liking it or not lol.....
Old 07-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by samuelsonmark71
run the front 19 overdrive gear?
tried too. belt is to streched, the tensioners were all the way down and it skipped. I will try again once I get a new belt.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
Cool post up your results after you've tested them out, so I can see if its just me liking it or not lol.....
If the rain holds out, I will be giving my exotek some track time tonight. /cross fingers
Old 07-19-2012, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Doesnt get any better than this!!
http://rcshox.com/shoxshop/catalog/p...products_id=58

Install a center dif and problem is solved, your complaint is the number one problem with the truck on loose conditions, the center dif has been proven to fix this, which is what i designed it for! all of the tracks i run on are loose and blown out which are the wort conditions for this truck.
+1 on center diff. My only complaint is that it's a pain to work around if you need to change rear diff fluid, however iv'e been running 5k/5k with the center diff and it's worked with me on all tracks so far, so I don't really change oil at t the track very often.

I've tried VTS and didn't like it as much, back end would come around much easier to where I had to be careful with the 4000kv pro4, with center diff I can hit full throttle and keep it going where the wheels point no problem.

Will be upgrading to the RevTeck 4800kv & RX8, gonna be a rocket!
Old 07-19-2012, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

can you put beadlock rings on any rim? not looking to use it as a beadlock, but more for the "look"

mostly want to know if anyone has done it to jc hazard wheels.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mizchief
+1 on center diff. My only complaint is that it's a pain to work around if you need to change rear diff fluid, however iv'e been running 5k/5k with the center diff and it's worked with me on all tracks so far, so I don't really change oil at t the track very often.

I've tried VTS and didn't like it as much, back end would come around much easier to where I had to be careful with the 4000kv pro4, with center diff I can hit full throttle and keep it going where the wheels point no problem.

Will be upgrading to the RevTeck 4800kv & RX8, gonna be a rocket!
I took my truck on the street with the 14tooth pinion and the pro4 4600 with the epa at 85% it is still super FAST! Wayy too much for the dirt.

racing tomm night, can't wait.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.