Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 09:23 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Like I said. (obviously didn't delete it in time, lol)

BK is BK. My point is AE isn't doing it. BK is. I'm trying to give credit to BK and only BK. AE isn't sitting around pow wow'ing for us. BK is. etc etc.

AE doesn't show much of caring about 4x4 SCT (if they cared they'd require the stars to run the class). Kyosho doesn't even think 4x4 SCT is going to last. (don't some people think 1/10 4x4buggy is the same way? IE: losi)

Just banter.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash

BK is BK. My point is AE isn't doing it. BK is. I'm trying to give credit to BK and only BK. AE isn't sitting around pow wow'ing for us. BK is. etc etc.

AE doesn't show much of caring about 4x4 SCT (if they cared they'd require the stars to run the class). Kyosho doesn't even think 4x4 SCT is going to last. (don't some people think 1/10 4x4buggy is the same way? IE: losi)

Just banter.
I have it on good authority that TLR has a new 4w coming out next year. It's a worlds year after all.

And if it's no good, they'll just reissue the xx-4 again.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I think SCT might last. They erased 1/10 ST with it. I also think 1/8 electric buggy might have a future. It might come to pass that for the money 1/8 electric is the way to go. but 2wd SCT might stay.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SMR 510RR
Basically the exact opposite of that...

Going up in diff fluid will make the two tires more "locked together" so that would only make the truck spin more easily. Raising the front ballstud would lower the front roll center and make the truck softer in the front and would only make the problem worse.

Raise the rear inner ballstud to increase rear traction.
went to the track again today to do more testing.. i went to 7k in the rear instead of 5k.. left the front with 20k.. the truck felt more consistent coming into the triple.. with only 7mm on the inner ballstud.. i will probably bump it up to 8mm tomorrow. overall the truck felt decent today. has anyone have issues bending the front chassis brace screw? kinda random question but ive bent that screw like 5 times!
Old 07-15-2012, 12:19 AM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BorackBasher
has anyone have issues bending the front chassis brace screw? kinda random question but ive bent that screw like 5 times!
I just don't know how you guys are doing that. I cartwheel down the hill (track's uphill/downhill on 50% of it) and do stupid trick jumps with mine and i've never bent that screw. Have no clue how you guys are going threw them like that.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jake S
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ed-Upgrade-Kit

is a good start.

then sway bars, springs, tires (of course)

for greater details on what 'the team' is doing to the truck checkout:

http://teamassociated.com/news/annou..._Team_SC10_4x4
Thanks Jake
Very helpful
Old 07-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash

Just banter.

C-on find a clue yote ......

The best Ae help we have even seen came from Chris Jarosz.

Then you & the rest only complained to him how bad Ae did with the design of the truck & stole their ideas to improve .

So even he kept his distance from us because of that crap ...

Also a good reason we will most likely never see BK here

and why your stuck with me .......
Old 07-15-2012, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Steve Hartson, Kody Numedahl, Ty Tessman, Max Flurer and BK run the 4x4 sc10 but since Cav and Maifield don't run that class now AE is backing away from that class?

Bass Ackward logic much?

I agree that AE doesn't come in this thread and chat because of numbskulls like Coyote.

I'm sure BK is too busy to deal with this, but it would be cool if he actually gave some tips.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
Steve Hartson, Kody Numedahl, Ty Tessman, Max Flurer and BK run the 4x4 sc10 but since Cav and Maifield don't run that class now AE is backing away from that class?

Bass Ackward logic much?

I agree that AE doesn't come in this thread and chat because of numbskulls like Coyote.

I'm sure BK is too busy to deal with this, but it would be cool if he actually gave some tips.

im lucky to have a lot of the ae drivers choose (ocrc) as their home track.. like hartson for example.. he isnt too thrilled about the sc10 4x4.. when im having issues with the truck he will help which is cool.. but for set up wise.. he's just not that into it as he is into the buggy.. even cavalieri's dad doesnt know much about the truck.. which sucks for us who enjoy tweaking on it.. trying to get the truck better in a way..
Old 07-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

A lot of the fast guys always prefer the buggy class. Something about that class. Been around forever i guess.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
Just to give you guys a heads up on how loud my slipper setup is here is a video of it at WCRC from yesterday.....

It's the blue/red sct you'll see come in towards the bottom at around 40 seconds into the video, oh and sorry but the video is kind of long so no need to watch the whole thing.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
That sounded just like mine!

I had a bad bearing on the rear diff, not sure if this was the actual cause, but after the rebuild it was much quieter.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

So here is a question I've been pondering lately. If the SC10 4x4 is having such weight issues outside, why aren't more people running dual shorty packs? Adds more run time as well as weight. Is the fit that bad or what is it? Just thinking out loud really
Old 07-15-2012, 09:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default XP Server horn

I just got a new XP servo for the truck. The futaba servo horn doesn't fit down on the servo very well. Is there a different horn that works better or do you just use the stock one that comes with the xp servo?
Old 07-15-2012, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BorackBasher
im lucky to have a lot of the ae drivers choose (ocrc) as their home track.. like hartson for example.. he isnt too thrilled about the sc10 4x4.. when im having issues with the truck he will help which is cool.. but for set up wise.. he's just not that into it as he is into the buggy.. even cavalieri's dad doesnt know much about the truck.. which sucks for us who enjoy tweaking on it.. trying to get the truck better in a way..
man I'm jealous!
Old 07-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by math_rulez
That sounded just like mine!

I had a bad bearing on the rear diff, not sure if this was the actual cause, but after the rebuild it was much quieter.
I'm going to be replacing all my bearings with Avid as soon as I tear it down and redo everything and clean it up.

I'm also taking a break from 4x4 sct's, I want to concentrate more on my buggies. Now that my track is going to be allowing 1/8th buggies I'm going to be running both my 1/10th and 1/8th most of the time for now, and since 1/8th is expensive to run/maintain etc I don't want to be going broke trying to run a third vehicle all the time................

I'll still be coming back to this thread checking up on who's pissing off the Coyotemiester as well as how many people WC keeps pissing off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.