Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
Me disagreeing with it's "necessity" (as always) is "conspiracy" and on top of that is also accusatory that you don't know what you're talking about?

Man, you've got to lighten up more than I do.

(for the record since quoting fails on this forum, I did not say he was 'false' in his opinion... (That was directed towards someone else) I only said "ohhh boy" to stirring up cobwebs.)
Hence the laughing smilie
Old 07-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Tech Addict

check out kinwalds set up on www.rc10.com
Old 07-12-2012, 09:18 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Hence the laughing smilie

---------------

Kinwald's setup is going to help me buckle down my own setup when I drag my feet back to PRCR for sure. Rain is the only reason I go to that miserable cramped hole. (It's not the track's fault, it's oregon weather and my preference for being outside.)

But seeing BK drive that track gives me a little itch to see some indoor action. Good thing I've got all summer to work on my truck for fall since my Slash 4x4 is just as fast as the losi's now.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=BorackBasher;10968227]check out kinwalds set up on

From what I have seen in my brief RC addiction there is a lot of setup sheets that people try to emulate and wonder why the car is not dialed in like they would like. I myself am guilty of this not knowing too much about the RC world and decided to constantly look for the best "setup sheet".

From what I have been told and witnessed is there are so many variances that truly are to your own preference. I have been doing a lot of shadowing of a few drivers, some pro and some definitely good enough to be pro. I have seen two drivers, both from associated, drive completely different sc10 4x4 setups vs almost exactly the same RC8 setups.

I realize what I am stating is old news to most of you on this thread but I am also sure there are a lot who peruse through this thread that are relatively new like me and want the "perfect setup". There isn't a magic bullet and I have realized the only way to figure it out is to do it yourself (with a little help from WC and Mantis, thanks guys)

I guess the best thing is to start with a proven base setup (RCSHOX forum page) and go from there but do not expect to emulate anyone's setup sheet and expect the truck to do what you want it to do. Slight changes in ones style completely affects the way the truck needs to be set up.

I am still a newb, and have taken a lot from this fantastic forum and hope to spread the shortcuts of actually enjoying this SC10 4x4 as I also see a lot give up on it to get the "easier" truck. The fact of so much needed tuning is what actually attracted me to this truck as that is true racing.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Re: Setups

As a new guy, what you're looking for probably isn't what you want. I used to always look for as much steering as possible. The more the merrier. In my quest for more steering, I would eventually make the car/truck too tail happy and swing back too far in the opposite direction (as far as tuning goes).

My advice. If your setup sucks, GREAT! Now you can make changes, one at a time, to get a feel for how they change the dynamic of the car. Most important thing is to change one thing at a time to know if you're heading in the right direction with your changes or not.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hey all. Selling my ft sc10 4x4 thought I would share.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ace-ready.html
Old 07-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Tech Legend

Feeling good about only recommending Ae driver set-ups .

Anyone can trust Ae Factory drivers knowing far more than just
some guy on the internet ...
Old 07-13-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rbcts
Hey all. Selling my ft sc10 4x4 thought I would share.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ace-ready.html
Good luck selling it for that price lol
Old 07-13-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I agree however the "some guy on the internet" really depends on WHO that person is you are talking about.

And to add, some of those "some guy on the internet" types have put out fixes for issues that AE and other companies address with VERY similar products many months down the road.

Looks like this weekend I will get a change to try out my RC Shox center diff and pistons, wish me luck!
Old 07-13-2012, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Of course not to the conspiracy theorist........... Because i dont know what i am talking about
This guy telling you to lighten up..

I'll take a guy that offers advice who regularly races anyday.

I'd love to see a race, wild cherry vs coyote where cherry gives CS a two lap lead from the start AND still wins by a sizeable margin..
Old 07-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
Good luck selling it for that price lol
Man that is steep for price. Although I realize the money put into the truck is worth the money that you are asking but its a long shot to get that kind of cash for the truck.

It's always more valuable to the owner and I could see a price of $550 and it would still take a while to sell it.

Should just keep it unless you are realistically ready to take a large loss. Nice rig though man, looks great. Good Luck
Old 07-13-2012, 10:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Feeling good about only recommending Ae driver set-ups .

Anyone can trust Ae Factory drivers knowing far more than just
some guy on the internet ...
Can you please recommend a setup from the website for me?

The track is a relatively large (1/8 style) track, outdoor, smooth, low traction, dusty.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:49 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I kinda wanna try kinwalds...lol.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by drolmaeye
Can you please recommend a setup from the website for me?

The track is a relatively large (1/8 style) track, outdoor, smooth, low traction, dusty.
suggest checking all the Ae driver set-ups on www.rc10.com

use the set-up come closest to your track conditions
Old 07-13-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
suggest checking all the Ae driver set-ups on www.rc10.com

use the set-up come closest to your track conditions
Of the setups listed on the website, can you lease recommend which one you would use based on my description of the track in the previous post?

Specifically, it is a relatively large (1/8 style) outdoor track. It is smooth (hard-packed dirt), low traction, dusty.

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.