Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RossNZ
Yes, had 20,000 in the front a long time, went to a V1 home made ball diff and down to 7000 in the front, now to my slipper setup, has plenty of steering, almost too much, I even put a sway bar back on the front to try to take some steering away, that seemed better, will do some more track testing soon, I'm very happy with the handling of the track, have done all the mods on here to some point, trucks on rails, just got to hit the right slipper compo for my track and I should beat the Losi's, easy to out steer them, just can't out accelerate them of jumps etc, I'm very close to swapping to a Losi, and close to running out of ideas on the SC10, guys that could never beat me with there other trucks, now do with Losi's, very frustrating!
Originally Posted by umpy907
So if I put on the exotec front locker do I need to put lighter diff oil in
Originally Posted by RossNZ
I'm running 7000 front, 5000 rear, still has close to to much steering.

I know as of late this thread seems to only be focusing on the 8mm mod but there are a ton more info on here. If you search here you will find that your steering and accelaration questions have been answered and mods and upgrades have been around for easily 6months now. There are products available from for example Mac the Knife, RCshox and more recently Exotec that address accelaration issues. You can even do the mod for almost nothing by pinning the top shaft. Steering too twitchy and fast? Solved. Rcshox has a steering rack, The Akbar out since late last year. And now AE has it's own version of a steering rack. In fact the AE Factory Team SC10 4x4 you see today is the incarnation of all the tech and mods that the clever guys on this thread have developed and tested over the past year. What weight diff oils to run? No need to guess it's been answered. There looks to be alot of new SC10 4x4 owners on here. Welcome. Again this thread is like over 1700 pages to sift thru but the info is here.

Last edited by jamr1130; 07-10-2012 at 06:59 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Not even sifting required. Either use the search function or even google what your wondering plus RCtech, and boom, it brings you to the page and everything (its what i do most the time)
Old 07-10-2012, 07:57 AM
Tech Addict

just wanted to do some maintenance to the truck yesterday at the track.. currently running 30k in the front with 7k in the rear.. truck felt kinda loose in the rear so i bumped it up to 10k in the rear.. it actually felt worse! im not sure if i filled the diff all the way or not... just curious on other peoples opinions.. truck didnt feel right as the back end of the truck was very unpredictable. before with the 7k i could actually drive the truck.. not sure whats going on here.. itching to rip her open again and figure it out! currently running the 8mm mod too. another issue i had yesterday was i stripped out a rim with the aluminum hexes.. first one for me! im ready to give up on this truck... has anyone else stripped the hazard rims? do the aluminum hexes get worn out? also is it okay to put a shim behind the roll pin or will it bind up?
Old 07-10-2012, 08:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by BorackBasher
just wanted to do some maintenance to the truck yesterday at the track.. currently running 30k in the front with 7k in the rear.. truck felt kinda loose in the rear so i bumped it up to 10k in the rear.. it actually felt worse! im not sure if i filled the diff all the way or not... just curious on other peoples opinions.. truck didnt feel right as the back end of the truck was very unpredictable. before with the 7k i could actually drive the truck.. not sure whats going on here.. itching to rip her open again and figure it out! currently running the 8mm mod too. another issue i had yesterday was i stripped out a rim with the aluminum hexes.. first one for me! im ready to give up on this truck... has anyone else stripped the hazard rims? do the aluminum hexes get worn out? also is it okay to put a shim behind the roll pin or will it bind up?
To stabilize the rear end on power or mid corner, you actually want to go down on oil thickness. Try 3-5k.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Your setup is simply just wrong!! going thicker weight in the rear dif will always make it worse, you want to go thinner, 5k is best. IMO you are starting with advanced mods when you need to start off from the beginning!
In stock form without a minimal amount of modding you need to get a set of dual garodisc, proper front end alignment, 30k/5k dif oils,sway bars Y/B, yellow front springs and green front springs in the rear. My base setup is on the RCShox thread, i suggest starting there.
Its not an issue with the wheels, the nut simply backed off or was not tightened down enough. No need for shims behind the roll pin, if so something is not put together correctly.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Krio
To stabilize the rear end on power or mid corner, you actually want to go down on oil thickness. Try 3-5k.
yea the rear end was ridiculous.. i will try 5 in the rear today to see the difference.. i thought 10k would take the loose end away..i guess not.. is there any other mods to make the truck more stable? running on a high bite clay track?
Old 07-10-2012, 08:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Your setup is simply just wrong!! going thicker weight in the rear dif will always make it worse, you want to go thinner, 5k is best. IMO you are starting with advanced mods when you need to start off from the beginning!
In stock form without a minimal amount of modding you need to get a set of dual garodisc, proper front end alignment, 30k/5k dif oils,sway bars Y/B, yellow front springs and green front springs in the rear. My base setup is on the RCShox thread, i suggest starting there.
Its not an issue with the wheels, the nut simply backed off or was not tightened down enough. No need for shims behind the roll pin, if so something is not put together correctly.
bought brand new wheel nuts and im super anal before every heat or qual to make sure their tight! check them every freakin run!
Old 07-10-2012, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

bought brand new wheel nuts and im super anal before every heat or qual to make sure their tight! check them every freakin run!

Blue loctite on the axles and let it sit for 5min before putting the nuts back on. Stuff happens on race trucks!
Old 07-10-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Blue loctite on the axles and let it sit for 5min before putting the nuts back on. Stuff happens on race trucks!
yea i geuss i gotta do that too to the 4x4.. did it to the 2wd and never comes off.. thanks for the help guys.. and whats the dual garodisc? kinda confused on that?
Old 07-10-2012, 08:22 AM
Tech Champion

yea i geuss i gotta do that too to the 4x4.. did it to the 2wd and never comes off.. thanks for the help guys.. and whats the dual garodisc? kinda confused on that?
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-services.html

http://rcshox.com/shoxshop/catalog/i...hp?cPath=23_26
Old 07-10-2012, 08:25 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

http://rcshox.com/shoxshop/catalog/p...products_id=48
Old 07-10-2012, 08:44 AM
Tech Legend

Stick with the 30K ft & 7k in back for diff's ....

Only fill the diff's half way , never fill all the way to the top .

Go to www.Rc10.com Find a set-up that fits your track conditions .
You will find Ae best drivers set-up advise there.

Never striped a rim yet , only can happen if the wheel nut is loose. Advise buying some serrated wheel nuts, they are best and do not need lock tight ...

No shims needed behind pin ....

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 07-10-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

The way I drive I use a ton of steering, stay on power for almost the whole turn. I prefer the rear end to slid out. Would going 5/7 fit my driving style?
Old 07-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I actually started to like my truck this week. One thing this truck does well is turn. I still want to plant the rear even more. I have not yet added weight up front, I know some people said this helps it to push a little. With a stick pack, its like 2oz front left right?
Old 07-10-2012, 08:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I actually started to like my truck this week. One thing this truck does well is turn. I still want to plant the rear even more. I have not yet added weight up front, I know some people said this helps it to push a little. With a stick pack, its like 2oz front left right?
Adding weight up front will add to front end traction, not the rear. Not what you want.

Try the STRC 3.5° rear hub, that will plant the rear end more for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.