Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by umpy907
So if I put on the exotec front locker do I need to put lighter diff oil in
I'm running 7000 front, 5000 rear, still has close to to much steering.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jake S
12t would be a very good safe starting point, depending on how large your track is you may also want to have a 13t too if your track is larger.
doh, I ordered a 14..... I was using the "search" function and it looked like several people were doing 14/62........I will temp it every lap and prey it does not start on fire or the lhs has a 13t.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shark413
That's my truck over on RCShortCourse. I have a few more pictures, any specific area you looking for?
I am running the B44 CF extension with the stock hubs reversed which puts the camber links in a straight line.
Spark,

I went with reversing the rear hubs also (Left is Right and Right is now Left). I currently have the CF tower extensions, 12mm ball studs, and went with 6mm of spacers on the stud. The 8mm of spacers on the stud left only a short amount of threads left on the ball stud which wouldn't thread into the metal eyelet where it is screwed into on the bulkhead. Maybe there is a 14mm ball stud that could be used? I have the camber link on the middle hole on the hub and the inside hole on the bulkhead. I noticed that when setting the rear camber I had to shorten the camber link a lot and it bottomed out on the camber link rod end where it was putting pressure on the ball link causing binding where when I did a swing test on the arms with the shocks off.

With all that said, I think that having a straighter camber link is a good thing. My buggy and truggy and about every RC I have seen has a camber link that is parallel with the arm itself. I am thinking though I might have to remove about 2 to 3mm of camber link (metal part) to reach -2mm of camber where the camber link isn't bottoming out on the camber link end causing binding.

Did you run into any of these issues? Is there any change to toe by reversing the rear hubs? Also, how is this Mod working out for you?

-Hoosier
Old 07-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
doh, I ordered a 14..... I was using the "search" function and it looked like several people were doing 14/62........I will temp it every lap and prey it does not start on fire or the lhs has a 13t.
14 will prob be 'ok' but i always like to gear to keep to motor under 150 after 7 minutes.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RossNZ
I'm running 7000 front, 5000 rear, still has close to to much steering.
Is that what you were running before you put the front locker in?
Old 07-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABN Hoosier
Spark,

I went with reversing the rear hubs also (Left is Right and Right is now Left). I currently have the CF tower extensions, 12mm ball studs, and went with 6mm of spacers on the stud. The 8mm of spacers on the stud left only a short amount of threads left on the ball stud which wouldn't thread into the metal eyelet where it is screwed into on the bulkhead. Maybe there is a 14mm ball stud that could be used? I have the camber link on the middle hole on the hub and the inside hole on the bulkhead. I noticed that when setting the rear camber I had to shorten the camber link a lot and it bottomed out on the camber link rod end where it was putting pressure on the ball link causing binding where when I did a swing test on the arms with the shocks off.

With all that said, I think that having a straighter camber link is a good thing. My buggy and truggy and about every RC I have seen has a camber link that is parallel with the arm itself. I am thinking though I might have to remove about 2 to 3mm of camber link (metal part) to reach -2mm of camber where the camber link isn't bottoming out on the camber link end causing binding.

Did you run into any of these issues? Is there any change to toe by reversing the rear hubs? Also, how is this Mod working out for you?

-Hoosier
Middle hole? There are only 2 holes when you flip the carbon hub...

I tried it with the L/R hubs switched but I didnt like how it was rubbing on the spring so I put it back. I never got to the point of adjusting the camber link so I cant comment on it bottoming out.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SMR 510RR
Middle hole? There are only 2 holes when you flip the carbon hub...

I tried it with the L/R hubs switched but I didnt like how it was rubbing on the spring so I put it back. I never got to the point of adjusting the camber link so I cant comment on it bottoming out.
The two hole side of the CF piece is the side you attach to the hub, the three hole side is the side you attach the camber link I thought....

When I say flip, I mean flip sides of the whole hub from the right a arm to the left a arm...

Last edited by ABN Hoosier; 07-09-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Tech Legend

Default More Cheese = More Speed

Originally Posted by obsoletex
That was a really intense race!! looks like a really high skilled layout.

Scott Brown, owner of Trcr gets all the kudos on the design with the help from some valuable volunteers...

Scott is also a member of Ae Factory Team ...

BIG NEWS

Hearing today Scotty Ernst has included Trcr back on next years Show Down Tour in February....

O-Man !
Old 07-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Spark,

-Hoosier
With my 8mm mod the suspension works fine. No binding and the length of the camber links are fine (no need to trim, and I run -1 degree of rear camber). Also as you noticed it is not really an 8mm mod, I found with the 12mm stud the most you can run is 6mm worth of spacers. With 6mm the stud threads into the metal shock tower insert. With the hubs reversed the camber links are almost perfectly straight.

Bottom of the shock tower showing how far the 12mm stud threads in with 6mm of spacers under the stud.

I have about 1mm of space between the camber link and shock spring (I used a .5mm spacer under the upper shock mount). And you can see how straight my camber link is.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Also as you noticed it is not really an 8mm mod, I found with the 12mm stud the most you can run is 6mm worth of spacers.
it is called the 8mm mod because it raises the outside ballstud 8mm, nothing to do with how many washers you put on the tower ballstud.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Originally Posted by Jake S
14 will prob be 'ok' but i always like to gear to keep to motor under 150 after 7 minutes.
13/62 is what I ran when I had my Ballistic 4.5 550 and seemed ideal (safe). Temps after 6-7 min was around 160°- 167° on the motor and 115° on esc. So although a little warm on the motor side still acceptable. When I geared at 14/62 it was coming off the track well over 180° which I wasn't comfortable with. Swapped to a Pro4 4000 14/60center diff temps also stayed below 165°. Now I am giving the Reedy 4.5 550 a try. Geared at 13/60center diff and performance was right on for my local medium sized indoor clay track. Temps were very nice after about 8min. Motor a tic over 150° and 112° on my Novak esc. I think a 13t would err on the side of caution.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:07 AM
Tech Master

With my 8mm mod the suspension works fine. No binding and the length of the camber links are fine (no need to trim, and I run -1 degree of rear camber). Also as you noticed it is not really an 8mm mod, I found with the 12mm stud the most you can run is 6mm worth of spacers. With 6mm the stud threads into the metal shock tower insert. With the hubs reversed the camber links are almost perfectly straight.
Thanks Shark
Old 07-10-2012, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 137 (99%+)

Not sure if this was asked before, but I don't have time to go through over 1700 pages. Anyways, I'm having trouble with the updated steering Ackerman. I can't get it to turn all the way left or right because the inner tie rod is hitting the bellcrank. What am I doing wrong?
Old 07-10-2012, 12:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Spark,

-Hoosier
One thing I did that thought worked well was to take some extra tower ballstud metal thread pieces (the pieces the inner studs thread into) and use them as part of my 7mm. that way I was still able to run a screw threw the unused slot to try and alleviate any un-needed stress
Old 07-10-2012, 01:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by umpy907
Is that what you were running before you put the front locker in?
Yes, had 20,000 in the front a long time, went to a V1 home made ball diff and down to 7000 in the front, now to my slipper setup, has plenty of steering, almost too much, I even put a sway bar back on the front to try to take some steering away, that seemed better, will do some more track testing soon, I'm very happy with the handling of the track, have done all the mods on here to some point, trucks on rails, just got to hit the right slipper compo for my track and I should beat the Losi's, easy to out steer them, just can't out accelerate them of jumps etc, I'm very close to swapping to a Losi, and close to running out of ideas on the SC10, guys that could never beat me with there other trucks, now do with Losi's, very frustrating!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.