Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 01:52 PM
Tech Legend

[QUOTE=Jake S;10933368]whats this 8mm mod your talking about?

------
Its a rear camber link modification designed for high traction surfaces... ...

Allows the truck to roll over a little less & slide instead of digging in and flipping over .

Higher the traction ?

The easier it is to experience traction roll's with out the mod .

Don't recommend using on loose tracks or out door's ...
Old 07-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Wild Cherry;10933401]
Originally Posted by Jake S
whats this 8mm mod your talking about?

------
Its a rear camber link modification designed for high traction surfaces... ...

Allows the truck to roll over a little less & slide instead of digging in and flipping over .

Higher the traction ?

The easier it is to experience traction roll's with out the mod .

Don't recommend using on loose tracks or out door's ...
And yet, I asked a few days ago and people said it worked great outdoors and was too planted indoors, so odd that after 1700 pages people change their minds.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
And yet, I asked a few days ago and people said it worked great outdoors and was too planted indoors, so odd that after 1700 pages people change their minds.
i like it outdoors it makes the rear feel like its not going to swap ends on power. i like it outdoors.

i was the one that said i thought it could lock the rear end in too much for my liking indoors, but would still use it, but may try the 3-3 rear block with it indoors.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Allows the truck to roll over a little less & slide instead of digging in and flipping over
the mod itself doesnt make the truck "slide" it lowers the roll center which allows you to push harder and not traction roll on high bite.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
It's a dead horse that we keep beating the crap out of. If we're going to speak about it, at least bring something new to the table (not directed at anyone in particular).

I just want to run my truck. Lack of a 63-tooth spur gear is preventing that right now.
And I'm guessin you didn't notice the ..as in humor..it doesn't take an "F"ing genius to figure out that after 4 pages of "raising the ball stud 7mm" the subject is dead..now add 15 more pages and it's really dead..I would hope that coyote knows I was joking..and now maybe you know also..
Old 07-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
I thought you were going to post BKs setup?
Aaaaah !

C-on ...

Maybe later tonight , have go work & race tonight ..

BTW Craig !!! BK gets all the kudos for creating the 8mm mod.....

Be surprised , no real big changes , cept maybe the ft weight & rear hub moved all the way back .

All of you that can't stand the repeat questions ?

Pm the mod with the info and help the thread become more useful...

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 07-03-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

lol, My point was Jake, that information changes over time. The original idea is improved upon or is replaced by another idea. Asking people to go find their own answers and read 1700 pages is unrealistic. And modding a car can be very confusing for a lot of people because it is not stock and can require drilling or special parts. The B4 thread is filled with BigBore spring and shock questions and people ask the question daily for the same reason. I have done my share of suspension geometry reading and I really don't get all the mechanics and forces all that well. So I rely on people who do understand it to simplify it for me, as do a lot of racers. Some people may not understand that this is pretty complicated science for most people. I work with people that constantly tell their peers to "google it" and refuse to be helpful. I understand not wanting to answer the same questions over and over, but it is unrealistic to think the 100s of people reading this thread will spend hours search for the correct answer and not just ask a question.
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Jake S
the mod itself doesnt make the truck "slide" it lowers the roll center which allows you to push harder and not traction roll on high bite.
Jake , not going to debate suspension theory...

You asked , and I gave you the answer, mostly because lots of new guys here that need to know why & how to use ....
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yea it lowers roll center so makes the roll couple longer aka the truck rolls more. It does make the rear bite in less, I have not traction rolled since I did it but I think that may have more to do with the camber gain from the shorter camber link.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Personally, I prefer a parallel link (little to no camber gain) to keep things as predictable as possible.

I'm going to test your camber gain theory this weekend with the plastic B4 hubs to see if you're right.

That said, I couldn't stand the truck when I shortened the rear links with the stock huibs.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
lol, My point was Jake, that information changes over time. The original idea is improved upon or is replaced by another idea. Asking people to go find their own answers and read 1700 pages is unrealistic. And modding a car can be very confusing for a lot of people because it is not stock and can require drilling or special parts. The B4 thread is filled with BigBore spring and shock questions and people ask the question daily for the same reason. I have done my share of suspension geometry reading and I really don't get all the mechanics and forces all that well. So I rely on people who do understand it to simplify it for me, as do a lot of racers. Some people may not understand that this is pretty complicated science for most people. I work with people that constantly tell their peers to "google it" and refuse to be helpful. I understand not wanting to answer the same questions over and over, but it is unrealistic to think the 100s of people reading this thread will spend hours search for the correct answer and not just ask a question.
I will give people the answer if they seem like they have invested some time trying to find it themselves. Its the people who join a forum and first day start 3 threads about the same thing that really get to me. I had no problem finding the information when I wanted to do the mod...I searched for 8mm and found everything I needed to know about the subject.

A basic understanding of roll center goes a long way to tuning this truck, or any truck for that matter. The hard work has really be done already by the people who wrote all 1700 pages of this thread, there is a lot of information about what worked, what didnt and what has been replaced by newer mods.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
Personally, I prefer a parallel link (little to no camber gain) to keep things as predictable as possible.

I'm going to test your camber gain theory this weekend with the plastic B4 hubs to see if you're right.

That said, I couldn't stand the truck when I shortened the rear links with the stock huibs.
The link positioning has a lot less to do with camber gain when compared with link length. With the 8mm mod the link is mounted 8mm above the inside hole on the stock hub because of how the holes are located on the carbon piece. Basically you have to run a shorter link and you end up with more camber gain.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Tech Addict

So whats this 8mm mod i keep hearing about??? Anyone know what pinion i should use with a 2.5 turn motor on a small track??? Why does my truck handle so bad outdoors???? Whats this center diff mod??? Is it the same as pinned??? Do i need a fan?? How do u get an rx8 to fit?? Anyone have any good setups for a indoor asphalt track
with low traction and 40ft jumps??? Why am i not currently dating a supermodel?? For the love of GOd people figure it out already!!!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Aaaaah !

C-on ...

Maybe later tonight , have go work & race tonight ..

BTW Craig !!! BK gets all the kudos for creating the 8mm mod.....

Be surprised , no real big changes , cept maybe the ft weight & rear hub moved all the way back .

All of you that can't stand the repeat questions ?

Pm the mod with the info and help the thread become more useful...

how does moving the rear hub back help ? does it make the truck more stable ? i would assume it takes away some traction as it moves the tire further away from the weight of the truck..even if it is 2mm.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by twisted
how does moving the rear hub back help ? does it make the truck more stable ? i would assume it takes away some traction as it moves the tire further away from the weight of the truck..even if it is 2mm.

Moving rear hub back makes for better handling on bumps & 180 turns.

Also helps with landings off jumps ..

But , you lose traction the further the hub is moved back ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.