Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
liverc was not working for me yesterday.

Cam is selling his SCT. He's leaving us.
Where did you hear this?
Old 07-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
Looks like Cam did not have the best of weekends at SCS.
Something kept shutting off , ESC or something ...

Cam's truck was good , he even let me try it out for few laps ...
Think it had the VTS on then though ....

Jeff
Hoping he sticks with it .....

Craig
6 + 2 bumps = mass pressure , no mercy , luck almost as important as skill..

1st qualifier not good ?

2nd qualifier you start in the back ..

The track layout demanded skill and brought no mercy to even one mistake ..

Scotty Ernst , Traxxas, JConcept , Pro-Line , Futaba, Orca, Team Losi Racing,Viper , Spektrum ....
Not to mention least
Scott Brown & Trcr ....

All hosted a fantastic event for us in the N/w ...

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 07-01-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

lol, I let someone drive my truck this weekend. They said it turned on a dime and was extremely hard to make small corrections on, lol. Hope this week of fixes makes it nice to drive.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Finally got to run the truck today with the 8mm mod done. It is way better, still needs a little tweaking for outdoor but on indoor it was basically dialed in. Its nice to have multiple tracks in one place to test out different ideas.

The last problem I am having is that the rear end wants to come around at high speed typically on the brakes.

Setup:
Front blue springs-rear red springs
Blue Swaybars front and rear
35w front 30w rear
All shocks middle hole top outside bottom
8mm mod
24mm ride height
v2 cdif 4 pins
.5oz weight in the front of chassis (added this afternoon, drives about the same with and without the weight)

Its not bad, it just wants to rotate too much on corner entry on the higher speed sweepers...If I push too hard into the corner I am going for a ride. The 8mm mod did make a huge difference but I just need a little more. I dont really want to swap springs as I like how the truck jumps and lands, if anything I would go up a spring front and rear to yellow fronts with green fronts in the rear.

I am thinking that maybe a slightly stiffer bar in the front may be my next tweak, seemed like the front had a little bit too much roll and that would make the rear softer in relation to the front. Curious to see what you guys would suggest.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by SMR 510RR
Finally got to run the truck today with the 8mm mod done. It is way better, still needs a little tweaking for outdoor but on indoor it was basically dialed in. Its nice to have multiple tracks in one place to test out different ideas.

The last problem I am having is that the rear end wants to come around at high speed typically on the brakes.

Setup:
Front blue springs-rear red springs FRONT GREEN/WHITE IN REAR/ YELLOWS IN THE FRONT
Blue Swaybars front and rear YELLOW IN FRONT
35w front 30w rear
All shocks middle hole top outside bottom INSIDE ON THE REAR ARM
8mm mod
24mm ride heightLOWER REAR TO 23MM
v2 cdif 4 pins
.5oz weight in the front of chassis (added this afternoon, drives about the same with and without the weight)

Its not bad, it just wants to rotate too much on corner entry on the higher speed sweepers...If I push too hard into the corner I am going for a ride. The 8mm mod did make a huge difference but I just need a little more. I dont really want to swap springs as I like how the truck jumps and lands, if anything I would go up a spring front and rear to yellow fronts with green fronts in the rear.

I am thinking that maybe a slightly stiffer bar in the front may be my next tweak, seemed like the front had a little bit too much roll and that would make the rear softer in relation to the front. Curious to see what you guys would suggest.
What alignment do you have in the front/ ACKERMAN bar?
Old 07-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Setup:
Front blue springs-rear red springs
Blue Swaybars front and rear
35w front 30w rear
All shocks middle hole top outside bottom
8mm mod
24mm ride height
v2 cdif 4 pins

What HUGE difference did the 8mm mod make? Yeah, a lot of setups use 2.2 mm front and rear sway bars. That is yellow I think. My front roll too much on higher bite too, everyone says use yellow springs front and rear. So i plan on guying them. Also, in my opinion the sc 4x4 likes you to stay on the gas, I have noticed if I pull off the gas too much on the sweepers it will swap ends. I assume this is in part do to the amount of drag the belt causes. Combined with a light truck causes instability when you on and off the throttle. That my 2 cents anyway. But I am very curious as to what you noticed with the 8mm on outdoor racing, since i plan to order the parts.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Legend

Default 8mm mod

More betta shim for raising the rear ball stud ...

Larger outside diameter & same inside as the smaller ballstud blue washer.

Ae # 4617

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 05-15-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
More betta shim for raising the rear ball stud ...
but but but then i cant use my button head screw in the other ballstud location
Old 07-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jnyrcr
Where did you hear this?
Facebook.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Jake S
but but but then i cant use my button head screw in the other ballstud location
Button head? huh
Old 07-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Button head? huh

i use in the outside hole for the inside camber link, seems to make the ballstud stay in better, so that the threaded insert isnt able to move around, and it helps keep it square under use, and also keeps it in there when tearing the truck apart
Old 07-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i ran on one of the larger tracks in my area today (team crc) and wasnt having the best of luck with the truck.

1st round i was just feeling the track out as it was a new lay out since the last time i raced there. was a lap and a half off pace. 2nd round i tried the 3-3 anti squat bar and it just made the truck looser. i ended up qualifying 5th in the "B" main. i went back to the pit and changed the front drive pully from the 20t to the overdrive and took off the 3-3 block and put the 3-2 back on. truck was alot faster and i ended up winning the "B" and bumped to the "A".

in the "A" i had a great start and managed to get up to 5th but got in a wreck and that set me back to last ... got going again and took over 2nd to last spot. not great but iam happy with therun.

so far things i have done to the truck include :
8mm mod
vts slipper
30k front diff
3 rear
over drive pullin in front
35 front shock oil with blue springs
27.5 oil in rear with yellow springs

this of course isnt my whole set up. truck has come a long way from when i got it as a rtr. its still a little loose and looking for more things to do to make it hook up better. im thinking about the exotek front slipper plate and adding some weight.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
'someone' messed with their diff just recently.

My pro4 blew up bigtime. Bearing explosion and I screwed the rotor trying to press, pry, pull the bearing off. This is the second bearing in a month. I'm a little frustrated but sigh, I like the motor.
yes i did, went to 3k rear fluid.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
What alignment do you have in the front/ ACKERMAN bar?
Thanks I will have to try some of that next time out.

I have the FT steering bar and I have them in the front hole. I was going to try the other hole but I forgot to try it out at the track. My setup is -1 camber and 0 toe on the front and -1 camber with the 3-2 block in the rear.

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
What HUGE difference did the 8mm mod make? Yeah, a lot of setups use 2.2 mm front and rear sway bars. That is yellow I think. My front roll too much on higher bite too, everyone says use yellow springs front and rear. So i plan on guying them. Also, in my opinion the sc 4x4 likes you to stay on the gas, I have noticed if I pull off the gas too much on the sweepers it will swap ends. I assume this is in part do to the amount of drag the belt causes. Combined with a light truck causes instability when you on and off the throttle. That my 2 cents anyway. But I am very curious as to what you noticed with the 8mm on outdoor racing, since i plan to order the parts.
The 8mm mod is just like adding even more shims on the inside ballstud. My previous setup was roughly 5.5mm of shims on the inside and this was more than that. The rear end is much more planted now and I dont have to tip toe as much through the sweepers like I felt like I had to before. It was better for both outdoor and indoor, I feel like the difference was more noticeable on the outdoor track as there is just less traction outside vs. the indoor clay track. Definitely worth having in your box, a great tuning option.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

It was better for both outdoor and indoor, I feel like the difference was more noticeable on the outdoor track as there is just less traction outside vs. the indoor clay track. Definitely worth having in your box, a great tuning option.
i also really like the 8mm mod outdoor, it does make the rear end alot more planted outdoors

indoors it seems like its just to lower the roll center to lower the chance of traction rolls. i have only ran it outdoor as of now, but i think indoors the rear will be almost TOO locked in, and thinking that making the switch to a 3-3 rear block to get some rotation back might be the ticket.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.