Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

How do you guys like the EXOTEK LCG does it make a huge difference in handling of the truck?
Old 06-21-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by fq06
Post your setup and what track you run at or at least what the track is like... indoor? Outdoor? Lots of traction? Low traction?

Many here will give setup advice.
Indoor track med traction I'm running 30 weight oil in the shocks blue sawaybars front and rear and out shock monts on arms and on tower I'm in be 3rd hole front the same I'm running between 18 to 21 sec lap times when every one else is running 17 and even 16 lap times
Old 06-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Machadoracing
Thanks yea I didn't think so I have guys that till methat I need lead in back but I think I was ok with sadle pack I just have hard time getting truck to handle
Here's the thing with the sc10 4x4, it takes time to get it dialed in just right but trust me when you do IMO its the best 4x4 sct out there. Most people give up on it because they get impatient, but for me dialing/tweaking the sc10 is the fun part. You have to remember the sc10 is one of the lightest 4x4's out there, the only belt driven, and has the best steering of all sct's..... Take your time with it, try different things (diff weight shock oils, diff oil's, swaybars, springs, etc) until you find out what works best for you and your driving style.........
Old 06-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fq06
Should not need weight in the back, the design of the truck and motor placement puts plenty of weight at the back. Stick pack users usualy add lead to the front left.

Saddle users usually dont need to add lead, but I have seen a couple people post that they do... in the front.
I was looking at recent AE team drivers setups and saw they added weight in the back when using saddles. My truck has silly amounts of streering, I would be afraid to give it more.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
Here's the thing with the sc10 4x4, it takes time to get it dialed in just right but trust me when you do IMO its the best 4x4 sct out there. Most people give up on it because they get impatient, but for me dialing/tweaking the sc10 is the fun part. You have to remember the sc10 is one of the lightest 4x4's out there, the only belt driven, and has the best steering of all sct's..... Take your time with it, try different things (diff weight shock oils, diff oil's, swaybars, springs, etc) until you find out what works best for you and your driving style.........
Yeah I agree with you sc10 4x4is the best truck out there . I just wish I could get it to drive for me lolbut I never give up and I'll get it there
Old 06-21-2012, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Yeah I agree with you sc10 4x4is the best truck out there . I just wish I could get it to drive for me lolbut I never give up and I'll get it there
LOL it took me months with the original sc10 4x4 kit that came out, but I was able to get it dialed in and dropped my lap times 2-3 seconds once I did and I was running stick packs with added weight etc....... Now with my FT SC10 I am still dialing it in, I am now running saddle packs and the exotek chassis so I still need to do some tweaking here and there and I will hopefully have it good to go within the next couple of weeks since I have it off lol.....
Old 06-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Prophet

Indoor track med traction I'm running 30 weight oil in the shocks blue sawaybars front and rear and out shock monts on arms and on tower I'm in be 3rd hole front the same I'm running between 18 to 21 sec lap times when every one else is running 17 and even 16 lap times
I only compare my lap times to... my lap times. Corner speed is a real pain in the butt, it has eluded me for years. If you want to go faster get more corner speed and don't land on your lid. I am no where near the point where 10ths matter, I need like 5 seconds per lap.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:38 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by transplantlife
How do you guys like the EXOTEK LCG does it make a huge difference in handling of the truck?
Please 'attempt' to use the search function... Top Right.
(you'll get every side imaginable and be able to make your decision. We've talked about the thing 'too' much already)

---------

Drove the 8mm mod and some other tweaks... Holy crap. I can't make heads or tails of my truck anymore. It's a rocket and rips the corners... but then I'll get into a groove and then the ass goes apeshit and spins all over the place which 'feels' random but I only drove 2 packs so far, so I'm going to keep driving it.

The 8mm and the oil/camber change was intensely different. I got a spark.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I only compare my lap times to... my lap times. Corner speed is a real pain in the butt, it has eluded me for years. If you want to go faster get more corner speed and don't land on your lid. I am no where near the point where 10ths matter, I need like 5 seconds per lap.
Yeah coner speed is really hard and the track I run at has a lot of them losi trucks seem to slide and my truck just likes to roll over on its lid I have hard time getting it to get the truck to clear jumps and the track only has one table top in the track but cannt even get close to get over it . When every one else is clearing it . Tracks really short and not a lot of traction
Old 06-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Tech Prophet

I wonder how long until someone makes a part to replace the "8mm mod". Since a few AE drivers are doing it, I assume they will release a part, but maybe not. I am horrible with a drill, I would mess it up.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:46 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I wonder how long until someone makes a part to replace the "8mm mod". Since a few AE drivers are doing it, I assume they will release a part, but maybe not. I am horrible with a drill, I would mess it up.
There's nothing to drill other than making pre-drilled holes a tad larger. It is nearly impossible to screw this up.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Yeah coner speed is really hard and the track I run at has a lot of them losi trucks seem to slide and my truck just likes to roll over on its lid I have hard time getting it to get the truck to clear jumps and the track only has one table top in the track but cannt even get close to get over it . When every one else is clearing it . Tracks really short and not a lot of traction
I was running mine on an indoor HIGH grip track. And rarely rolled after I put the blue sway bars on. Thats odd about the jumps, I only have a 7.5 540 in mine and I cant even pull the trigger all the way on jumps. Its an 8th scale track even. And a guy from my track, bought a team truck, added the upgrade kit and sways bars and crushes all the losi's, so I often think the issue is me (the driver). When I can make my fastest and slowest lap within 10ths, then maybe i will blame the car/truck. With that in mine, I hate the sc10 4x4. Maybe the worst truck ever to work on. So complicated. But I love associated, because they have always had my back as a consumer. So I am sticking it out. They took the time to develop a completely different sc 4x4 and for that I will give them every benefit. Most companies just copied the 1/8 scale or converted them. So lazy.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
There's nothing to drill other than making pre-drilled holes a tad larger. It is nearly impossible to screw this up.
Hmm, you have no confidence in my abilities, lol. I can burn water when i cook. But seriously, I am on a serious budget. Damn wife wants to buy a house, silly woman. And I would really really like to fix the critical items first. I have a vts...... but no one told me i needed a new gear cover... so fail. I don't have any saddle packs, so that is out for a while. And lol, at getting the alum chassis any time soon. Right now, my main focus is trying to push the truck hard and not blow up my 540, lol.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Tech Prophet

I am running this setup. Mostly because it uses a stick pack and was pretty close to mine anyway. http://teamassociated.com/pdf/cars_a..._JC_Spring.pdf
Old 06-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by transplantlife
if you're outdoor racer yes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.