Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jordan Anderson
Does anyone run the Tekin Pro 4 motor with the LRP SXX V2 speed control? How's the performance? Are you better off with one of the Reedy 550 motors with the LRP speed control or does the 4 pole perform well with it?

I would prefer to use the RX8 to run the Pro 4, but with the saddle pack config of the factory team truck, I'm not a big fan of having to chop up to RX8 to fit it in...

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!
I have the pro4 with my rx8 so couldn't answer how it performs with the LRP..... You don't have to chop anything up with the FT kit and RX8. I have mine mounted on the rx side next to the motor and didn't have to mod/chop anything for it to fit.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So with the RX8 mounted on the reciever side, do you put weight on the other side with the reciever to balance it out? Also, where do you mount the antenna for your reciever when you put it on the "passenger side"? Any chance you have a picture of this setup?

Thanks!
Old 06-11-2012, 09:21 AM
Tech Adept

Default Exotek locked front clutch

I was thinking about trying the Exotek locked front clutch. I saw a few posts about it back on pp. 1603-1604, but I'm not sure I've seen much since. I recognize many/most might simply prefer V2 Cdiff. Notwithstanding, I'd still like to hear, so . . .

Can people who have given it a try follow up with additional comments either good/bad? TIA for any additional feedback.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

This is the only picture I have for now, I haven't added weights yet because I just installed my rx8 a couple of days ago and haven't weighed it yet on my scales to see where I would need to add them if so. I also have the rx wire zip-tied to the chassis brace just for now because I was trying to clean up the wires a little, however I may just stuff it in the rx box since I put that on the other side and mounted it with double sided tape.......

I'll try and take closer pics later on and post them if you'd like.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Gentlemen,

I stripped out a set screw in my factory team aluminum wheel hexes. Anybody have a good method on getting that out?

Thanks for the help!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

C4 lol
The hex is pretty much done unless you can find something to take the screw out with, torx, extractor, flathed, Allen wrench jb-welded in, etc.
Otherwise just cut a slot in the head of the screw with a dremel
Old 06-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Bortzilla
Gentlemen,

I stripped out a set screw in my factory team aluminum wheel hexes. Anybody have a good method on getting that out?

Thanks for the help!
can try a Dremel and use the thin ceramic disk wheel .

live with the cut on hex
Old 06-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drolmaeye
I was thinking about trying the Exotek locked front clutch. I saw a few posts about it back on pp. 1603-1604, but I'm not sure I've seen much since. I recognize many/most might simply prefer V2 Cdiff. Notwithstanding, I'd still like to hear, so . . .

Can people who have given it a try follow up with additional comments either good/bad? TIA for any additional feedback.
We ran one of our trucks without it and with it, back to back, on the same day at the same track.

Pluses:

-More drive out of the corner. Noticably more. You can really see the front wheels ripping now for traction.
- Easier to correct in the air. I assume because the front wheels are pulling in the air all the time
- Truck is not as twitchy and assuming you have the rear locked in you can push harder out of corners.

Delta's

- Off power steering is reduced slightly. running 30k in the front now and 10k might now be the ticket
- Too much power off a jump can send the nose sky high.

We like it outdoor at least.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jeff whiting
We ran one of our trucks without it and with it, back to back, on the same day at the same track.

Pluses:

-More drive out of the corner. Noticably more. You can really see the front wheels ripping now for traction.
- Easier to correct in the air. I assume because the front wheels are pulling in the air all the time
- Truck is not as twitchy and assuming you have the rear locked in you can push harder out of corners.

Delta's

- Off power steering is reduced slightly. running 30k in the front now and 10k might now be the ticket
- Too much power off a jump can send the nose sky high.

We like it outdoor at least.
Thanks for the reply. I am still learning to drive this thing and want to go step-by-step. I still wanna try the HT slipper on the inside, this Exotek mod, garodiscs, possibly Cdiff.

Did you happen to notice additional wear on the tranny? Did you change how much you tightened the VTS slipper nut?
Old 06-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by drolmaeye
Thanks for the reply. I am still learning to drive this thing and want to go step-by-step. I still wanna try the HT slipper on the inside, this Exotek mod, garodiscs, possibly Cdiff.

Did you happen to notice additional wear on the tranny? Did you change how much you tightened the VTS slipper nut?
We have only run it for a week but you would have to assume that the belt and front transmition will get a good workout with no slip now. We are still are running the slipper nut flush with the bolt. Something to play with there now that the slipper only affects the rear wheels. All in all, a nice 10.00 dollar tuning aid. Have fun.

Jeff
Old 06-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Tech Addict

Would someone please wake me up when this thread stops talking about suspension bind being related to camber links, lol. To those of us still trying to learn setup and what adjustments do and why, this bind thing is really confusing the $#@& out of me.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JLinney
Would someone please wake me up when this thread stops talking about suspension bind being related to camber links, lol. To those of us still trying to learn setup and what adjustments do and why, this bind thing is really confusing the $#@& out of me.
When you hear "bind" think resistance to movement. Or lack of resistance.

Last edited by jeff whiting; 06-11-2012 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 06-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

But that makes me think softer suspension. but less bind = less traction?
Old 06-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Evil Genius jr.
But that makes me think softer suspension. but less bind = less traction?
Yup , the resistance or bind is what transfers more weight to the tire creating more traction..

less bind makes less grip , but is smoother on bumps ...

Jeff , "resistance" sounds good to me ....
Old 06-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Okay,
So less bind = a softer suspension over bumps but yields less traction in the turns.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.