Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fq06
Whoops, my bad... at least you were paying attention
Its cool, I am on email notification for the ones in the US warehouse. Hopefully there are some on a container ship headed this way right now, hopefully.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

No Prob rigelkent09.. Hope you enjoy the truck
Old 05-31-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Evil Genius jr.
Give the rer more traction mid-exit of a high speed sweeper.
Try them, you may like or you may hate it.
i dont like it i love it! truck was way more stable around the track.. adding the hub tower and raising the inner to 7mm was insane! saddle packs just came in the mail today too. stoked!
Old 05-31-2012, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Man I'm getting so impatient waiting for my new esc to come in, its supposed to be here tomorrow so hopefully I can get it and get to the track early Saturday to test out the settings on it. So Marcus if your reading this if you can please post up what settings you have for your esc, or anyone with the brushless hobbies esc can chime in as well......

Oh and I just found my new fav. servo's, I just put a radiopost (blue one) servo on my new B4.1 WC and that thing is amazing....... Not only is it the fastest servo I've experienced thus far its also the quietest...... Anyone have any experience with these servo's in particular the higher torque ones?
Old 05-31-2012, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Im in the same boat on the servos. Im debating on putting one in the SC10 4x simply because the green is on backorder for like ever...
Old 05-31-2012, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by samuelsonmark71
Im in the same boat on the servos. Im debating on putting one in the SC10 4x simply because the green is on backorder for like ever...
Are you using the radiopost tx/rx as well? If so how do you like it?
Old 05-31-2012, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Yeah, Ive got the radio and RX. Haven't used the servo as of yet but I am a huge fan of the radio. I would highly suggest it if you are in need of a radio or such. Also working with Darkside Designs to get custom skins for it.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, Ive got the radio and RX. Haven't used the servo as of yet but I am a huge fan of the radio. I would highly suggest it if you are in need of a radio or such. Also working with Darkside Designs to get custom skins for it.
If I continue having brownout issue's after I get my rx8 back or with my brushless hobbies esc I will def. be in the market for a new tx/rx. If the tx/rx is as good as their servo's it'll def. be on the top of the list if I do get a new setup.....
Old 05-31-2012, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

Im just going to go to assume that you are running a Spekrum system right now? I was running the same (Dx3S) a while back and had a lot of issues with high voltage servoes (Savox). Even with the expernal caps added to the reciever I had issues with brown outs and then actually had a RX go bad on me. It was frustrating... Loved the speed of the Savox with the SC10 so I can't wait to snag the radiopost servos. Just out of curiosity, what is the suggest amount of torque for servoes for 4x?
Old 05-31-2012, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Im just going to go to assume that you are running a Spekrum system right now? I was running the same (Dx3S) a while back and had a lot of issues with high voltage servoes (Savox). Even with the expernal caps added to the reciever I had issues with brown outs and then actually had a RX go bad on me. It was frustrating... Loved the speed of the Savox with the SC10 so I can't wait to snag the radiopost servos. Just out of curiosity, what is the suggest amount of torque for servoes for 4x?
Actually I'm running futaba 4pl, I've read issue's with the rx's for them and that they have been known to go bad..........As far as for 4x4's I personally prefer something with at least 200oz torque however since the sc10 is so light I had no issue's running it with a savox 1257 on my backup sc10, which I believe is around 140oz ......
Old 05-31-2012, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
What about the stock springs? I've heard those are a little hard for some tracks. Should I leave my rear oil at 5k and just change the front to 30k?

It's the only tire I have besides the stock tires. I got the Calibers because they seemed to be the tire that could do OK at almost all tracks but not excel in any condition. I'll definitely be getting some HB Beams or similar tire meant for hard, tacky clay conditions.

The RCShox center diff is essentially a ball diff, right? So it should allow me to track straighter when I punch it and retain more traction all around, right?

Before you working on ur truck you must have proper tires. How about subs or barcodes? Once you get that down, you'll be able to tun ur ride better
Old 06-01-2012, 12:26 AM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Whelp, This will probably be the last time I post as a AE owner. I'll still be around to answer questions and piss you guys off though.

Long story that I don't want to get too far into as I don't like to bash companies and I know i'll get ripped for it, but I'm done with AE. They have stretched my patience and customer loyalty too far and will lose a driver for it. (if for some reason you'd like more information, you're free to PM me) So I'll letcha guys know when I get my truck's thread all up and done to sell. It'll be a good Truck to anyone, I worked hard with it. It's The RCtech page 1 Sc10 4x4 like you veterans.

I haven't decided to go to Losi yet, as I really don't like them even if i'm no longer their competition but we'll see. Thanks for all the help guys. Sorry for my attitude in the past and I hope to continue helping the guys who won't use the search function.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
Whelp, This will probably be the last time I post as a AE owner. I'll still be around to answer questions and piss you guys off though.

Long story that I don't want to get too far into as I don't like to bash companies and I know i'll get ripped for it, but I'm done with AE. They have stretched my patience and customer loyalty too far and will lose a driver for it. (if for some reason you'd like more information, you're free to PM me) So I'll letcha guys know when I get my truck's thread all up and done to sell. It'll be a good Truck to anyone, I worked hard with it. It's The RCtech page 1 Sc10 4x4 like you veterans.

I haven't decided to go to Losi yet, as I really don't like them even if i'm no longer their competition but we'll see. Thanks for all the help guys. Sorry for my attitude in the past and I hope to continue helping the guys who won't use the search function.
Bummer. I just got a desc410r. Good Luck
Old 06-01-2012, 01:02 AM
Tech Adept

Has anyone got any tips to stop the shock collars moving?
Mine are very loose and I'm sure they move.
I've put some thread lock on the threads and let it dry but the collars are so loose it doesn't provide much friction.
I'd rather not buy the STRC ones if there is a simple fix.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Glad you lime the servo, ilanstylz! If that had been the torque version it still be in my truck right now. Very high quality and the specs don't hurt either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.