Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
Thanks for all the help/tips on the esc/motor recommendations everyone........ I found what I was looking for and got everything for a really good price. My backup sc10 4x4 will be going to my supervisor from work, I'm trying to get him into rc's and wanted to get him something good for the least amount of money..........
I bought a 120 brushlesshobbies after having nothing but problems with my havoc pro and since the change, not a single issue. I talked with Stan before ordering the 120 for at least 45 minutes about his product. He stands by his products 100% and will help with your setup. Great esc
Old 05-25-2012, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
I thought it was said by someone (an AE Driver I believe) that they would not be doing new stiffer a-arms due to cost?
Correct. You can't just "change the plastic" - you have to redo all the molds to accommodate the different material.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losicorey
I bought a 120 brushlesshobbies after having nothing but problems with my havoc pro and since the change, not a single issue. I talked with Stan before ordering the 120 for at least 45 minutes about his product. He stands by his products 100% and will help with your setup. Great esc
Yeah I exchanged about 10+ emails with Stan before I bought the 80a esc, still haven't run it yet but hes a standup guy so I'm sure his products are just as great......
Old 05-25-2012, 08:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Basic maintenance question but after cleaning my truck (I use simple green with all electronics removed then wash, blow off with compressor, wipe down with denatured alcohol then blow off again) I am getting a "squeak" on my ball joints where some of the control arms connect. Black grease? Or is there a better lubricant that is plastic safe?
Old 05-25-2012, 08:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by uWtech14
yep, .5mm shims. you no longer use the outdrive washer. if you need some call AE.

Thank you.

Just got off the phone with AE, they are sending me out shims today! sweet.

I asked if any other kits are effected. Apparently the 2WD SC10RS also needs the fatter shims. Good thing I asked, I just picked up an RS a week ago.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Buiding my kit now and have a question. On the 8mm mod is the idea to get the inner camber mount 1mm lower than the outer or does raising the link also have an effect? Reason I'm asking is I have a different rod end that I can use on the inner tie tod that will lower it 1mm and save the hassle of raising the hub mount. Anyone tried this?
Old 05-25-2012, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod
Buiding my kit now and have a question. On the 8mm mod is the idea to get the inner camber mount 1mm lower than the outer or does raising the link also have an effect? Reason I'm asking is I have a different rod end that I can use on the inner tie tod that will lower it 1mm and save the hassle of raising the hub mount. Anyone tried this?
NO, Believe it or not the angle being the same the height of the camber link rod makes a big difference in rear traction.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
He just likes to blurt shit to make people think he's part of the A-team.

no comments Coyote ...

Cain , I know Ae said no way cus of the need for new molds , but I made my best guess .....

I did say stiffer plastic , not graphite and the arms could be redesigned ....

One thing thing I know would make a big improvement in performance would be stiffer arms and other parts ..

Thus my guess ...

Craig , would not say still not possible .....

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 05-25-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:52 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

no prob WC. I know you do have some contacts in there with AE, so I figured maybe you heard something.

I really hope though that they see the need for improving there a-arms, especially with other vehicles from other companies on the horizon that will compete with the SC104x4 that have said that won't be a problem with their stuff.

Anyway, Does anyone know if that guy who owns the first thread post still updates it at all. I would like to see the definitive 8mm mod info stated on there as I have myself gotten a bit confused by the benefits, minuses etc. on doing it and the various debates, etc. that I have kind of just ignored it now, but I would like to have the correct info in one place to refer too
Old 05-25-2012, 09:07 AM
Tech Legend

Cain , I have been hearing such things about ....

and

sure beats discussing the 8mm mod again ...

Been doing mass wrenching , bout 1/2 done with the Team ...

I noticed Ae included a Team driver tip with the shocks .

Recommend to just install only one X-ring on the top of cartridge tube.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry

Craig , would not say still not possible .....
Anything is possible - but with 2013 being a Worlds year, I'm fairly confident their product focus is other places. Remember, I know people who work in the AE building too.

I would be very surprised if there was any other development for this platform over the next year or 18 months.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 149 (100%+)
Default 8mm mod

Hey guys. So I decided to sell my SCTE and try out the FT Sc10 4x4. So far i love the truck. I have a few questions though. I am having a hard time get the truck around the track. Always traction rolling. We run on a very high bite track. Will the 8mm mod help me with the traction rolling?
Old 05-25-2012, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
NO, Believe it or not the angle being the same the height of the camber link rod makes a big difference in rear traction.
Ok thanks for the info. I'll go ahead and raise the whole link.

On another note, looking at gearing for a 4600 pro-4. I run a 13/40 in my scte. Since the internal ratios between the trucks are pretty much the same, with a 62 spur in the ae that would put me at an 18 pinion. I see guys running a lot smaller in this truck. What am I missing?
Old 05-25-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
Anything is possible - but with 2013 being a Worlds year, I'm fairly confident their product focus is other places. Remember, I know people who work in the AE building too.

I would be very surprised if there was any other development for this platform over the next year or 18 months.

I bet your in for big surprise then ....
Old 05-25-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skyline1015
Hey guys. So I decided to sell my SCTE and try out the FT Sc10 4x4. So far i love the truck. I have a few questions though. I am having a hard time get the truck around the track. Always traction rolling. We run on a very high bite track. Will the 8mm mod help me with the traction rolling?
I'll let someone else comment on the 8mm mod as I am still parsing all that has been said about it and its specific benefits.

But, in general to your problem, I had the same issue on a carpet track and raised the inner ball stud about 5mm on the rear and that cleared up my traction rolling issues.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.