Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kjohnsiii
Anyone known what might cause the belt to ride on the ridge of the front tensioner?

Just noticed this the other day. Thought that I should shim the bracket out about 2mm to get the belt to ride in the center of the tensioner puly.
The only way this could happen is if the belt is too loose.. otherwise it's hard to pull the belt over the ridge even if you are trying.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well on a big outdoor track the Losi is going to dominate..but you can make your SC10 competitive..one..don't waist your money on 2 stage pistons..they don't work..to all you fanboys.. ..go to emulsion shocks.. get rid of the bladders, raise the rear camber links (inside)..it should give you more rear traction..raise your ride height (on a high traction indoor track I'm at 24mm) I would try 27mm, on my Losi the magic number is 28mm..so 21mm is way to low, to me you were undergeared..I'm at 13/62 on a small indoor track..might want to go up..check motor temps..
Originally Posted by Oasis
sooooo many fanboys..
so what have i said thats wrong..the 24mm ride height? the 13/62 gearing that most of the team drivers have on their set up sheets?
my opinion that the 2 stage pistons that I HAD didnt work? maybe yours work but mine didnt work..
Try reading your original post. You didn't offer an opinion on the pistons. You tried to pass it off as a fact and said they were a waist of money. I never questioned 24mm ride height. It was suggesting a 27mm height when even you admit the setup sheets call for 24 or less. STOP KILLING PUPPIES!
Old 05-20-2012, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I run on the same tracks as Oasis. When I run my 5.5 540 I run 15/93, when I run my 550 I run 11 or 12/62. Heating isn't a problem, nor is top speed, but you cant gear any higher than that's if you want too jump the giant supercross triple or quad the track design guys around here like to put right outside off a hairpin. You can gear higher, but around here its slower. Imo this is where the shaft drive trucks pwn the AE chassis. They can get totally punched on the runup much easier.

I have not idea what he is talking about on the 27 mme ride height. I always run 24.

Last edited by CraigMBA; 05-21-2012 at 12:53 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arakon
The only way this could happen is if the belt is too loose.. otherwise it's hard to pull the belt over the ridge even if you are trying.
The funny thing is the belt was actually to tight when I noticed it. There was way to much drag in the truck. So I started to look into seeing if the front or rear was to tight by removing the belt ect.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCTDan
Try reading your original post. You didn't offer an opinion on the pistons. You tried to pass it off as a fact and said they were a waist of money. I never questioned 24mm ride height. It was suggesting a 27mm height when even you admit the setup sheets call for 24 or less. STOP KILLING PUPPIES!
What did I say I was at..24mm..all I said was to try 27mm, that's what the manual said..and for me the pistons were a waist of money..didn't get the "right" pistons..ride height is a pretty easy adjustment to "play with"..if you practice without trying different settings/adjustments you will not learn what your car is going to do..i.e.: free it up, more traction..etc..no set up is perfect for everyone..I do try different settings to see how it's going to affect my truck, I do know how to set up a truck..talk all the smack you want but those who know me know this to be true..so..I'm still right on the gearing for where I race..
Old 05-20-2012, 10:32 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
I run on the same tracks as Oasis. When I run my 5.5 540 I run 15/93, when I run my 550 I run 11 or 12/62. Heating isn't a problem, nor is top speed, but you cant gear any higher than that's if you want too jump the giant supercross triple or quad the track design guys around here like too put right outside off a hairpin. You can gear higher, but around here its slower. Imo this is where the shaft drive trucks pwn the AE chassis.

I have not idea what he is talking about on the 27 mme ride height. I always run 24.
I got the 27mm out of the manual..I guess I won't read that anymore....ride height is an adjustment you should play with..not like changing diff fluids..
Old 05-20-2012, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SCTDan
Not too cover Oasis back here, but his SCTE was total garbage with Marcus pistons into it, compared to the stock ones. I also speculate he had some that's were mispackaged. Marcus offered too make its right. Don't know what happened after that, nor can I comment on his products because I don't used any of them (I run MIP because they have less moving parts).

I see the frustrating experience I have had we this chassis is contagious. Maybe we should started eating what Nick is having for breakfast.

I'm going to run Tuesday night after a month haitus and a total overhaul. I'm even looking forward to it.

Last edited by CraigMBA; 05-21-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Sitting back with some popcorn & a soda watchin' & reading the action
Old 05-20-2012, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry about some of my posts, my DSL is down and I'm posting from my phone.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:03 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
Not too cover Oasis back here, but his SCTE was total garbage with Marcus pistons into its, compared too the stock ones. I too speculate he had some that's were mispackaged. Marcus offered too make its right. Don't know what happened after that, nor can I comment on his products because I don't used any of them.

I see the frustrating experience I have had we this chassis is contagious. Maybe we should started eating what Nick is having for breakfast.

I'm going to run Tuesday night after a month haitus and a total overhaul. I'm even looking forward to it.
My truck was better than Nicks Friday ....he was faster than me but he's a better driver....over the ripples my truck was railing it like the Losi's..fast as..well you know....it's the first time I've really gotten to drive the kody set up..I'm pretty sure I'll get way faster..just not lovin my radio right now, time for a change in that department..
Old 05-20-2012, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BLbound
Sitting back with some popcorn & a soda watchin' & reading the action
Uhh pass the popcorn please. Man if this keeps up I may just change the channel. I've just read the past 4 or 5 pages and I think there was only 2 questions asked and answered. The rest of the posts were nothing but bickering.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamr1130
Uhh pass the popcorn please. Man if this keeps up I may just change the channel. I've just read the past 4 or 5 pages and I think there was only 2 questions asked and answered. The rest of the posts were nothing but bickering.
I don't know why but it seems this thread has the most bickering out of most of them. Jamr do you want butter or caramel coated?
Old 05-20-2012, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BLbound
I don't know why but it seems this thread has the most bickering out of most of them. Jamr do you want butter or caramel coated?
Originally Posted by jamr1130
What are you guys bickering about? Lol while you guys decided, I'll take caramel
Old 05-20-2012, 11:53 PM
Tech Addict

took a 2 month break from driving the 4x.. heard about the upgrade kit and went out and bought it.. since i installed the brace and basket on i've been stripping spurs left and right... does anyone else have this issue like me? another quick question what will the upgraded ackerman do? more steering? because i already have too much i feel like but not in a bad way...
Old 05-21-2012, 12:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BorackBasher
took a 2 month break from driving the 4x.. heard about the upgrade kit and went out and bought it.. since i installed the brace and basket on i've been stripping spurs left and right... does anyone else have this issue like me? another quick question what will the upgraded ackerman do? more steering? because i already have too much i feel like but not in a bad way...
No such issue here. Check your gear mesh, and check that the slipper actually can slip and isn't locked down.

The ackerman bar gives you two options, more and less aggressive steering.. give it a try.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.