Old 05-20-2012, 06:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

something got hot,,, from slippage.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sbrewer
Well installed my center diff for my race this weekend. Won my first heat truck ran great. Checked every think before heat 2 . Second heat got stuck in the short bus bash, finally got on track then a few laps later I started to notice I had little acceleration and it proceeded to get worse. Pulled the truck off a few laps later & this is that I found :-(. What did I do wrong? Locknot was tight, spring was almost fully compressed.
Did you use black grease on the thrust washer and diff lube on center diff?
Too much diff lube will cause the center diff to get really hot.
I beat the lights out of my center diff on an 8 scale track for 6 hours and no issues.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IRM616
Did you use black grease on the thrust washer and diff lube on center diff?
Too much diff lube will cause the center diff to get really hot.
I beat the lights out of my center diff on an 8 scale track for 6 hours and no issues.
Yes I did, but didnt use much. jusr black grease on the diff balls
Old 05-20-2012, 06:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

[QUOTE=kurtblastoff;10756428]
Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Post your setup, all of us can agree that out of the box the truck is a handful but with a few simple mods it can be a demon. 2 stage pistons and Garodisc along with a front end alignment will change your world. 1*toe in, 0camber 5mm inside camber link spacers and give it another try.

Here is my set up.
Front suspension.
running option rack back position.good
2.2 front swaybaryellow?
-1 deg cambergo 0
0deg toego 1*toe in
outside hole front camber link 2mm washer
20 tooth standard pulley
24mm ride height
front shock position middle tower outside arm
front shock yellow spring 1.2mm piston 32.5wt no rebound emulsion shock
go 2stage with 30wt
end un screwed 2 turns.you dont need the extra droop
8mm up travel limited
20,000 front diff fluidgo30k until you get the cdif and then go 5k

rear suspension
medium wheel base
2.0 rear swaybarblue
-1 deg camber2*
24mm ride height
3-2 toe block
camber link mod 7mm inside on tower and middle on hub
go inside on hub with 1mm spacer on inside
rear shock position middle on tower and inside on arm
20 tooth standard rear pulley
slipper de-coupleddual garodisc
8mm up travel limited
rear shocks yellow springs go with front greens
30wt 1.2mm pistons no rebound emulsion2 stage with 25wt
7000 rear diff fluid 5k
I'm running the FT kit with saddle pack. I have 1oz on each side of the battery 1oz in front of battery and 1/2 oz next to gear cover. Also running a tekin 550 5.5 motor and LRP sxx tc speedo. I'm geared at 14th pinion and 62 spur wit no heat problems I feel I could go 15th pinion with no problem.
any help would be great.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Yes I did
something definitely got hot, it looks like the dif balls are black? since they are carbide it looks like you may have used black grease on them? is the shaft messed up? PM me and we can figure it out, something isnt right. for the balls to get hot enough to melt the spur takes alot.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

REALLY?? is that the best you got, who actually runs the manual settings? this is an AE thread so if you have an issue with the SCTE pistons bash them on the SCTE thread. there are team Losi guys running them too with no issues. fact is Nobody fast runs 27mm ride height, I have never even looked at the manual, for what those settings dont work for every track. I have offered several times to give you another set of pistons but you continue to run your mouth lookin like a fool! You saying that they dont work is basically calling 75% of the people on this thread LIARS!! In general if something doesnt work consumers dont continue to buy, SC10 pistons are my number one seller worldwide so you can kiss it! Your measly opinion means nothing. So you can either accept the fact that you are wrong or chase the other SC10 guys around the track that use the pistons because.......THEY WORK!
Really..nothing on the gearing..and your right my opinion means nothing..same as yours..

Full scale offroad SCCA, Buggy Offroad have a 3:1 rebound:compression rate. What this means is the rebound needs to have more damping x3 compared to the compression. Rcshox pistons come with 1.0 x 6 compression and 1.1 x 6 rebound, so basically a 1:1.1 rate. The compression and bump rate barely differ, and they differ in the wrong way anyway. You will need to run some heavy thick oil to make them compare at all to a 32.5wt oil and then again the difference between compression and bump is minor..
Old 05-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
Well since your talking set up sheets..look at their gearing..my ride height is at 24mm but I'm on a high traction indoor track..the 27mm ride height was straight out of the manual..
And your point is? The manual is to get you rolling. I run 24mm on an outdoor track but that's probably because I use those non functioning 2 stage pistons. If you gear staight off a sheet or chart and don't check temps or use the methods outlined numerous times here don't complain. If you really can't get your sc10 going with all the tips here unload it and move on.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Do you even own an sc10 anymore. If you don't I'm not sure why you keep following the thread. Just because something doesn't work for you doesn't mean it isn't good. Let it go.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Really..nothing on the gearing..and your right my opinion means nothing..same as yours..

Full scale offroad SCCA, Buggy Offroad have a 3:1 rebound:compression rate. What this means is the rebound needs to have more damping x3 compared to the compression. Rcshox pistons come with 1.0 x 6 compression and 1.1 x 6 rebound, so basically a 1:1.1 rate. The compression and bump rate barely differ, and they differ in the wrong way anyway. You will need to run some heavy thick oil to make them compare at all to a 32.5wt oil and then again the difference between compression and bump is minor..
They also have high and low speed shim stacks, bypass valving and reservoirs. Don't forget scaling down the wheel weight.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

something definitely got hot, it looks like the dif balls are black? since they are carbide it looks like you may have used black grease on them? is the shaft messed up? PM me and we can figure it out, something isnt right. for the balls to get hot enough to melt the spur takes alot.
I had the same prob when I used black grease and not diff lube. Just saying
Old 05-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Tech Champion

my opinion means nothing about my own product??? DUUUUUH

last time i checked 1:1 offroad buggies had charged shock absorbers which means they have pressure at static!! 1000 ftlb springs, valves etc etc.do your shocks have 25psi of pressure built in to them. Do real buggies jump 300' long 10 story tall jumps? Your right they are minor but so is going from 1.1mm holes to 1.2mm holes on a normal piston but it is done on a daily basis! I can go all night man but so far you are just diggin a deeper hole with your nonsense! You can try and make it seem that in your mind they dont work and i have managed to Fool the entire RC community with fake shock pistons! In fact with every piston set sold i include a pill that you have to take or the warranty is voided, but SHHHHHH dont tell anyone that the pill is just sugar. As far as the faster laptimes and consistency goes well my 6yr old son managed to figure out how to make a time machine and every night between the hours of 11-12 central i am actually hoping around the universe changing laptimes so i can make a million dollars. BTW in the last hour i have managed to sell 5 more sets of my fake pistons........thanx for the exposure
Old 05-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Gearing in the manual had already been addressed when you posted this.
Comparing full scale race truck suspension to rc suspension is silly.

Move along, nothing to see here for you in this thread.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Anyone known what might cause the belt to ride on the ridge of the front tensioner?

Just noticed this the other day. Thought that I should shim the bracket out about 2mm to get the belt to ride in the center of the tensioner puly.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rbcts
Do you even own an sc10 anymore. If you don't I'm not sure why you keep following the thread. Just because something doesn't work for you doesn't mean it isn't good. Let it go.
Me?? I have 2 of them..this is some funny stuff here..never said "my" sc10 didn't work..just sayin the 2 stage pistons don't work....but I guess if in your mind they "work better" then so be it....as posted my opinion is just that MY opinion....that's all these threads are..just opinions....and I get "Ramboed" for saying I ran a 13/62 (pretty much the SAME gearing all the pros run)..then I get to hear (read) all the BS about motor temps and bla bla bla..when ya know I'm right on the gearing..ride height..I run 24mm..I got the 27 outta the manual..but I guess I'm the only person who's read the thing....so hate..don't care..
Old 05-20-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yes I did, but didnt use much. jusr black grease on the diff balls
ilanstylz says nnnnnnooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! black greese on the diff balls, only on the thrust washer.
Clear AE diff lube on the diff balls.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.