Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I have comment I'd like to make, but I understand from Kraig the Moderator if I make it he will send me to banned camp.

Suffice to say, I find myself feeling like:

Old 05-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

Couldnt hold off any longer, too much high praise. Just ordered a v2 center diff. Cant wait.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
NO offense to WC but guys like him are VERY hard to get out of their box. He is very one sided and i dont see him all of a sudden saying "WOW was i wrong , the RCShox Cdif is much better than my VTS setup"!! Its not going to happen hence a waste of my time and his. Neutral minds are needed to test products along with racers that "want" to make it work instead of looking for ways to make it not work. Take Cameron for instance, A very good driver and is very neutral which is why i use him pretty much exclusively for testing because i know for a fact he will tell me the truth good or bad and by the time the general public gets my products they are RIGHT, hence the V2cdif. Had i released it based on my testing alone high grip racers would still not have enough punch, so you can thank him for that the last two weeks before the release between Cam and I we tested 8 different spurs,8hole,10hole, multiple pin locations etc etc.
My products are not "snake oil" they actually work and do what they are suppose to do! No gimmicks just innovation, dont think for a second that i have not had team drivers test because i have and some of them do run my Garodisc WC just doesnt know that until now Those of you that use the Garodisc know that there is NO situation where a stock pad will outperform them, and i am willing to put money on that!
Thanks for the kind words Marcus. The part I really like about this hobby/business is R&D. I have made countless parts that have gone in the trash and others work very well. Sometimes just taking someone else's idea and make it better. Lap times don't lie in my book and I am consistently faster with your products on both tracks I have raced on.

I have a clutch basket in by parts box too so if I need it at WC track I will run it, but I won't know until I make it there. On my home track the v2 diff is faster than the slipper. Three other people's trucks that I have installed the v2 diff for them have gone faster.

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry

Scott Brown & Chris Bridgewater, Factory & not regional drivers.
Both help me stay in the box ...
I have mad respect for both them and what they can do with with an RC. No doubt they are dialed with AE's set-up.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
I have comment I'd like to make, but I understand from Kraig the Moderator if I make it he will send me to banned camp.

Suffice to say, I find myself feeling like:

Just PM it to me Cee Lo..you know it won't go any where..
Old 05-10-2012, 01:55 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Tweezers my friend!! And just imagine my old blind ass is packing these things in small plastic bags all day
Yeah..... Didn't try tweezers, Tried magnet drivers, magnets, small pliers, and about stabbed the thing into angered oblivion. I love the thing, just wanna kill it sometimes. =P

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
v2 Center diff tech tip:

Some small screw drivers have a magnet on the end (normally cheep give a way ones with company logo's on them). Stand up the pin on the end of the magnet and slide it into the hole first. Slide the magnet off the pin sideways so not to pull the pin back out. Do the pin first and then the ball. When taking the diff apart a bigger magnet can be your friend sucking up all the pins and balls before sliding the gear off.

Lay a towel accross you lap then sand the truck on it's side with the diff up for easy install. If you drop something the towel will keep it from disapearing on the floor.
Yeah, I did this. The pins fall over on the magnets so it wasn't ending up as easy as I had originally planned. I think tweezers are gonna be the ticket.

Now to figure out how to tune the thing...

Originally Posted by jamr1130
Your argument is invalid.
It has been for 7 months, Only now people are finally realizing it after attacking me for saying these exact same things. I don't hold any ill will.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i noticed on AE's online set up sheets it has two boxes for the slipper, de-coupled and coupled. my set up sheet in the back of the book doesnt.

i know one disc drives the front and one for the rear but can someone explain to me what the difference in a coupled slipper vrs a decoupled slipper is.

thanks.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twisted
i noticed on AE's online set up sheets it has two boxes for the slipper, de-coupled and coupled. my set up sheet in the back of the book doesnt.

i know one disc drives the front and one for the rear but can someone explain to me what the difference in a coupled slipper vrs a decoupled slipper is.

thanks.
Coupled means all the slipper plates are keyed to the rear top shaft giving equal power to the front and rear all the time. Stock setup is decoupled meaning the inner slipper plate which drives the belt to the front is not keyed to the rear top shaft and relies on the slipper pad to provide rotation.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SCTDan
Coupled means all the slipper plates are keyed to the rear top shaft giving equal power to the front and rear all the time. Stock setup is decoupled meaning the inner slipper plate which drives the belt to the front is not keyed to the rear top shaft and relies on the slipper pad to provide rotation.
so is there a way to couple them ? or is that where the pin mod comes in ? it seems though that AE would have an option for this as its on their set up sheets.

thanks.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twisted
so is there a way to couple them ? or is that where the pin mod comes in ? it seems though that AE would have an option for this as its on their set up sheets.

thanks.
You can get a rear top shaft and inner plate that work together. Should be listed as optional parts for the FT.

Oh ya, and it's far superior to the old pin mod due to it being factory parts ! Insert sarcasm

Last edited by SCTDan; 05-10-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well I've ordered the v2 diff and some 2 stage shock upgrades for all my cars kyosho losi and the bitch ( sc10)
Old 05-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Tech Adept

This whole V2 Center Diff thing with WC reminds me of Green Eggs and Ham. We all know how that ended!

WC, Try it try it, and you will see!
Old 05-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well im fussy as hell and I will give a very honest opinion from your average Joe!
Old 05-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

Edited for Profanity. Infraction Issued.

-DavidR

Last edited by DavidR; 05-10-2012 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Profanity
Old 05-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

what's going on ? Did I miss all the drama? LOL
Old 05-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

No just the usual, same people harping on wc, tryn to get him to change his ways, knowing dam well hes not gonna do it lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.