Tech Legend

Sarantakos

Feeding tip

I like cheese ....

Think Coyote likes birds ....
Old 05-08-2012, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CEW
I have my transponder mounted on top of the receiver box. I'm running stick packs. I have only noticed it miss a reading one time in about 10 hours of driving.

Sounds like the folks having problems are mounting around the Rx box. Do you have a telemetry system? I wonder if it's the Rx that is causing the interference instead of the chassis, or maybe the Al chassis adds just a bit more making the diffrence?

Also good point about the glitch buster, the extra weight could be causing the servo to pull more power in the turns making the transponder weak.

I mount mine where the brace would mount on the front.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I'd like to thank Krio for the fast shipping and great prices. I'm finally going to tear my truck down tonight and figure out what's going on.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ksarantakos
So I'm racing an SC10 FT 2WD right now, and want to to add a 4x4 to the mix. My problem is that this thread has 1500+ pages... Where can I go? What can I read? To get up to speed on what works and what does't on this truck?

Are there acknowledged setups and hop ups for this truck that I can start with?

I'd love the guidance and help... don't want to start any new threads, willing to do research... just need to be pointed in right direction.

Thanks!

-kyri
The initial page is very good for most of the items. The latest V2 Center diff items are hot and IMHO most critical.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

coyote...nice response....
Old 05-08-2012, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F_ME
I use the Avid Revolution Ceramic bearings. They are metal shield on one side and rubber on the other. You run the rubber side out that is exposed to dirt.

As for your speed being slower on the straight with the slightly smaller spur, the only reason you would notice your truck being slower with the center diff vs. the slipper is due to slip. The main reason that the center diff would slip is due to your spring being sacked out. A new FT V2 SC10 diff spring is less than $2. I will bet you that if you compare the new spring to your existing, the old spring is shorter. This will cause you to not get enough tension on the diff and will cause it to slip. This will not happen with the new diff spring. I replace the diff spring at least once a month depending on use to prevent this from happening.

As for comparing the Center Diff to the standard or even FT VTS slipper, no comparison. I have a new FT VTS slipper. The V2 Center Diff is staying in my truck. The truck launches hard and is crazy fast down the straight. Diff action is more consistant and now tunable thanks to the new V2 design.
I'm actually going from the V1 center diff to the V2. V1 was such a huge improvement over the original kit slipper that I will never go back to a slipper setup, even the new factory one. So when I went to the V2 diff, I was surprised how much slower it was. But your suggestion on the spring makes sense to me. I'm still using the original spring that I got with the kit back in Nov. I'll get a couple V2 diff springs and see if that resolves my speed issue. I'm thinking it's going to work.

Thanks for the advice on the Spring and Bearings. I'll get those ordered today!
Old 05-08-2012, 07:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
I'd like to thank Krio for the fast shipping and great prices. I'm finally going to tear my truck down tonight and figure out what's going on.
Thank you for the props! I just received another truck to part out, so stock should be updated by the end of today.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Transponder issues

Transponders can have issues when mounted flat to a metal chassis. It was a topic on another thread. Most solved the issue by elevating the transponder but it has to stay parallel to the ground. That's why most aluminum chassis buggies and truggies have a plastic transponder mount spaced above the chassis.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

iam truning it in to a street truck love it
Old 05-08-2012, 08:18 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krio
Thank you for the props! I just received another truck to part out, so stock should be updated by the end of today.
fast shipping and excellent customer service. when I need more stuff, I know where I am looking!
Old 05-08-2012, 08:42 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by vito
iam truning it in to a street truck love it
Set up some pop cans & do a figure 8 so you can get some practice with the car heading towards you ......
Old 05-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Set up some pop cans & do a figure 8 so you can get some practice with the car heading towards you ......
You know, I've given you a bunch of grief for posting bad tech, but this....this....this is really useful and something I've never thought of.

Thanks.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:08 AM
n8b
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Make sure you turn around every once in a while. Mix it up, don't want to get use to turning right, left, right. Need to get some left, right, left practice too...
Old 05-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Legend

Default JConcept SC Tire Tip

Trimming JConcepts Pressure Points

Told you guys bout removing the arrows in the middle of the tire to help improve forward bite .

Can try removing the dots on each side of the arrows for even more forward bite .

Also ....

Try trimming the arrows off on the outside thread of Ft tire for smoother steering ....
Old 05-08-2012, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

how high can i go on the gearing with a 4.5 trun 550 iam at 12 62

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.