Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
sBrewer

feel the extra weight only helps , way better grip ...

6 oz ? maybe to much

suggest

1 oz on back of saddle pack
1oz right side rear of chassis
1/2 oz next to spur
What's the overall weight of your truck?
Old 05-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Legend

sBrewer

Not sure , will get its weight for you , going to practice till 8pm ...

look for later around after 10pm ..

Bet its a pig .....
Old 05-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F_ME
With a 60T spur you should have more speed down the straight not less. I suspect you have a worn out diff spring. Install a FT V2 diff spring and this should resolve any slipping issues.

Stock hub bearings do not last long, especially if your wheels are not balanced well. Check your hub and diff bearings frequently. I have replaced all of mine with Avid ceramic bearings and all is good.
Which Avid bearings did you get? The Metal ones?

Makes sense on the Spur, I don't what I was thinking. Going down in teeth will make it spin faster.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Just to be clear there have only been two documented issues with the thrust bearing on the V2 dif, first one was do to no grease used on the installation, second was something that was discovered in that one of the washers has a bigger ID than the other and the bigger one needs to go on the outside. Even then there has been hundreds of them sold with no issues at all! just wanted to clear that up Any VTS you get will ruin the pads in a day, i get PM's all day about how even the new VTS is better than the old setup but still requires constant attention. The Garodisc definitely solve that issue, if you want to keep a slipper. In a head to head battle on any track the V2 dif will outperform a slipper simple as that, but of course i am biased!! im sure others will chime in shortly!

im going off the one center diff ive seen at the local track. the driver stopped using it because the thrust bearing was destroyed and he also commented on the rear top hat washer was grooved really bad. he thinks it is due to the amount of pressure on the bearing from having the spring compressed.

it could be user error , i dont know. i do know that iam interested in upgrading from my stock set up. just trying to learn more.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twisted
im going off the one center diff ive seen at the local track. the driver stopped using it because the thrust bearing was destroyed and he also commented on the rear top hat washer was grooved really bad. he thinks it is due to the amount of pressure on the bearing from having the spring compressed.

it could be user error , i dont know. i do know that iam interested in upgrading from my stock set up. just trying to learn more.
You don't use the top hat washer with the V2 center diff. So he has the v1 diff or assembled it wrong.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
You don't use the top hat washer with the V2 center diff. So he has the v1 diff or assembled it wrong.
I ran the v1 diff for a while and had no excessive wear on the stock thrust washer assembly. It's still in my box as a spare.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default First race

I got to race my 4x4 for the first time yesterday, thanks to reading this thread for which upgrades were best for the truck(exotek, center diff, tenshock) I got first place in novice 4wd with a 20 second lead. I was 1 lap off pace for pro and I think most of that time was lost due to my lack of jumping skill. So thanks to all who post here.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by SCTDan
Durango. You can run a center diff and slipper at the same time.

I have that truck and the slipper setup is horrible, when i first got the truck i tried to use the slipper with the dif and it was impossible to get a good setting so i locked it down and went with the dif!
Old 05-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Snafujg
Which Avid bearings did you get? The Metal ones?

Makes sense on the Spur, I don't what I was thinking. Going down in teeth will make it spin faster.
Didn't notice and reduction in top speed between the slipper and the C-Diff.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

it was v1, sorry i didnt clarify that.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twisted
it was v1, sorry i didnt clarify that.
No problem. I find that pinning the slipper plates allows for you to run less spring tension on the diff.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

No problem. I find that pinning the slipper plates allows for you to run less spring tension on the diff.
Show us that pin mod.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

OK guys, I just ran my V1 diff outside for the second time. Again, I have to say WOW!
I ran a black dirt med-smalltechnical track. The first qualifier I ran the basket, and it came loose. The second round I tightened it down, and qualified third, but it was hard to drive. The third round I ran the diff, stayed third, but it was easy to drive.
I figured that I would get run over at the start of the Main, but I kept pace with the first two trucks, and passed the second place truck in the first turn! Going into the second turn, I overcooked it, and rolled over on the hump turn. To the back I go!
I then picked off the trucks until I got up to fourth. I was catching the leaders fast! I passed third when he had a mechanical failure, and passed second right after the 6 pack rythm section. Now for the leader. I caught him on the second to last lap. I passed him going under the vertical bowl turn, but saw that he had the speed, so I backed off a little, and let him go wide into the next corner. I put my truck between him and the pipe into a space 1 SC104x4 plus two inches wide. I made the pass stick with no contact, and jumped the next double on the good line. He jumped wide, and landed in the off track astro turf. He drove across the turf, and onto the track right into me! He drove me to the pipe, and hung me up (Losi driver). I lost a straight, but was only one second behind at the finish! All because the truck is awesome with the center diff!! Thanks, Marcus!!
Old 05-07-2012, 07:52 PM
CEW
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Transponder

I have my transponder mounted on top of the receiver box. I'm running stick packs. I have only noticed it miss a reading one time in about 10 hours of driving.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by rcmiket
OK guys, I just ran my V1 diff outside for the second time. Again, I have to say WOW!
I ran a black dirt med-smalltechnical track. The first qualifier I ran the basket, and it came loose. The second round I tightened it down, and qualified third, but it was hard to drive. The third round I ran the diff, stayed third, but it was easy to drive.
I figured that I would get run over at the start of the Main, but I kept pace with the first two trucks, and passed the second place truck in the first turn! Going into the second turn, I overcooked it, and rolled over on the hump turn. To the back I go!
I then picked off the trucks until I got up to fourth. I was catching the leaders fast! I passed third when he had a mechanical failure, and passed second right after the 6 pack rythm section. Now for the leader. I caught him on the second to last lap. I passed him going under the vertical bowl turn, but saw that he had the speed, so I backed off a little, and let him go wide into the next corner. I put my truck between him and the pipe into a space 1 SC104x4 plus two inches wide. I made the pass stick with no contact, and jumped the next double on the good line. He jumped wide, and landed in the off track astro turf. He drove across the turf, and onto the track right into me! He drove me to the pipe, and hung me up (Losi driver). I lost a straight, but was only one second behind at the finish! All because the truck is awesome with the center diff!! Thanks, Marcus!!

Thats AWESOME!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.