Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by treky11
I was wondering the same thing. I sent emails to both exotek and to stormer yesterday but I haven't gotten a response from either yet.

Anyone hear have a v2 chassis and a factory team kit built?
Here's mine:

Old 05-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
It does take some time to get to the diffs, but this thing is tough!
Yea this truck is "my rock" it's the one I can run week after week without touching it between race days other than removing tires for storage and cleaning. When big races come up I'll tear it down and put in fresh oil and what not, but that's about it so far.

Compared to the SC10 I don't think it's any more difficult to maintain. I can get to my 4x4 diffs much faster than on the 2wd given that most of the screws needed are the same size and more or less in the same location.

A good screw gun makes the whole thing go much faster.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone else have problems with the inline exotek strap/mount being a really tight fit? I was finally able to squeeze them in there, but now once side is very tough to get the battery to slide in. Did anyone need to grind it down, or did I do something wrong?
Old 05-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mizchief
Anyone else have problems with the inline exotek strap/mount being a really tight fit? I was finally able to squeeze them in there, but now once side is very tough to get the battery to slide in. Did anyone need to grind it down, or did I do something wrong?
My reedy,and protek fit fine, my thunder power fit tight. Gonna grind it a tad bit
Old 05-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ShortCourseOnly
I baught this kit for mine. I needed the chassis brace after casing a really big jump and throwing the belt. I replaced the belt with a new one and added the STRC tension pullies and the VTS slipper at the same time. Well worth the money. I don't have proper saddle packs yet so I will run the stick pack until I do get something good. Was considering the Reedy 60c packs. Won't be able to get anything too soon anyway.

My truck is the original kit with FT hex kit, sway bars. yellow springs, FT chassis brace, VTS slipper, STRC tensioners. I am lacking the FT Shocks and TiN hinge pins, light weight outdrives and aluminum hardware of the FT kit to get up to snuff with the latest. I have not upgraded to the Exotek chassis but it would be nice to. I will be running on large 8th scale tracks in Brazil so could use a little more low slunge weight.

Like you super happy with the upgrade kit, I also use the Reedy saddle packs .
My truck is almost just like yours , but I want all the upgrades the Team comes with and a few extra like Ti shock mounts...

So I will be getting a brand new Team Sc10 in a few weeks ...
Old 05-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thinking along the lines of plastic versus carbon, I would think aluminum chassis would flex less and prvide less traction. If the weight is what is making the difference, same results can probably be achieved for much less money.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FTsc104x4
I just spoke with Stormer Hobbies and they have them in stock. Bought one and they said they would ship it priority for their asked S&H fee. Looking forward to seeing the improvent in handling after running my FT for a while without, be an interesting comparison and will post up once I get a little time with it.
thanks. what is the key difference in the v2? the holes for the FT battery mount?

If so, how did they confirm to you that they have the v2?
Old 05-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JLinney
Thinking along the lines of plastic versus carbon, I would think aluminum chassis would flex less and prvide less traction. If the weight is what is making the difference, same results can probably be achieved for much less money.
I'm not sure what you mean by "plastic vs. carbon". It would be very difficult to develop a carbon plate chassis given the chassis design. Aluminum was a good pick due to the intrigate attachment details. Please elaborate.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Couldn't we be using the stock plastic chassis and loading it up with weight to match the Exotek or even better. I recognize the chassis stiffness but with the new FT brace we should be able to come up.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by JLinney
Ae chassis does has a little more traction and agree weight can always be added if needed ...
Old 05-04-2012, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Anyone use Team Orion 5500mAH 90C saddles? I was planning to buy a set sooner that I planned.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

Couldn't we be using the stock plastic chassis and loading it up with weight to match the Exotek or even better. I recognize the chassis stiffness but with the new FT brace we should be able to come up.
you could but you wont be able to add the weight in the same place. if you want it in the center you would have to either stick it on the bottom of the truck, not really an option, or under the batteries which would raise the center of gravity.

you could put weight on both sides but that would sacrifice transition speed by adding weight to the sides of the chassis and also have a slightly higher CoG as well.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

I'm not sure what you mean by "plastic vs. carbon". It would be very difficult to develop a carbon plate chassis given the chassis design. Aluminum was a good pick due to the intrigate attachment details. Please elaborate.
I think he's referring to plastic parts like on the current b4.1 vs the carbon re-enforced ones that are stiffer.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default thanks

I'm about to buy my first SC10 4x4 (or short course truck of any kind). I'm going with the Factory Team kit. I have spent the last several weeks reading this thread (not the whole thing, just using google to zone in on certain set up options and topics). I would like to thank the guys who have spent so much time, $, and effort working with this truck and then posting so much good advice such as CoyoteSlash, CraigMBA, JEFFs SC10, ilanstylz, Wild Cherry, etc. to name a very few (I'm not deliberately leaving anyone out. You know who you are ). It's good to have so much information and so many different opinions and discussions available. Thank you and keep up the good work.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I was referring to the B4 and T4 chassis where the stiffer the chassis, the less available traction as it reduces torsional twisting. Nothing really to ellaborate on except for I think more traction could be obtained by just weighing down factory plastic chassis. Not trying to reinvent the wheel here, I am just using what I have learned on other chassis to make an educated guess and I wish someone would explain to me where an aluminum chassis is better over a plastic or composite one. We use aluminum chassis on 1/8 scale cars for added heatsink for engine and durability. Noticed how even those progressed throught the years with Pro-flex tuned versions and what not that were relieved in certain areas to kill weight and induce flex. Think about it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.